New York Jets Enemies List News and Notes

T0mShane

Subtle whiff by Douglas to not try and bring Zappe in. Belichick was always going to want an alternative to Mac Jones and, even though Zappe was bad this preseason, stashing him on our practice squad would have made the Pats turn to Brian Hoyer or Colt McCoy instead. Zappe was allegedly butthurt about being cut too, so he might have signed out of spite. 

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1700509658547462170?s=20

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wanted to keep a thread for oppo research so as not to hijack game preview threads, etc. As I see it, there are several teams that exist in an openly hostile and/or antagonistic relationship to the Jets:

1. Packers

2. Bills

3. Dolphins

4. Patriots

5. Seahawks

The Packers are #1 and Patriots are #4?  Or is this list unordered?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7an9.gif

What if I told you . . .  that I’m totally cool with the Seahawks and actually enjoy that Geno might finally be realizing his physical potential? I’m also particularly grateful to that organization for gifting us access to Garrett Wilson and AVT for Jamal. 

I agree about the other teams. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

Packers:

—Bakhtiari hasn’t even tried to practice this week. 

—Romeo Doubs has been limited with a hamstring issue

—Christian Watson it out with a hamstring that LaFleur has described as “week to week.”

—Yosh Nijman, who was Bakhtiari’s principal backup, has something going on. The OL coach seemed to imply that Nijman has been demoted in place of Zach Tom and isn’t happy about it. Nijman is 27 and has been a capable fill-in starter (led all tackles in run block win rate last year, but gave up 5 sacks in 756 snaps). Makes roughly $4 million this year. 

• Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

7an9.gif

What if I told you . . .  that I’m totally cool with the Seahawks and actually enjoy that Geno might finally be realizing his physical potential? I’m also particularly grateful to that organization for gifting us access to Garrett Wilson and AVT for Jamal. 

The Seahawks are on this list because they’ve become media darlings despite the fact they went 3-6 down the stretch, backed into the playoffs, and everyone who likes them disparages the Jets. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Lith said:

I have a couple of friends who are Packer fans.  They keep telling me they are rooting for the Jets this year.  Really want to see Aaron get his second Lombardi.  But I am not for a minute buying it.  When I am not around, they are probably burning their Rodgers jerseys.

Because that is exactly the way I am around Bears fans.

Wait, why Bears fans?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Asymmetrical said:

honorable mention to the two old crones on the Athletic Football GM show. The Statler and Waldorf routine is annoying and I'd like to hear them tiptoe around a 17 point win over Buffalo.

🤣 I know Nate Tice is Jets-skeptical, but I think Mays has been pretty fair. 

24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Wanted to keep a thread for oppo research so as not to hijack game preview threads, etc. As I see it, there are several teams that exist in an openly hostile and/or antagonistic relationship to the Jets:

1. Packers

2. Bills

3. Dolphins

4. Patriots

5. Seahawks

Any list like this that doesn't list the Patriots in the #1 spot has got me confused.  I mean, we caused the Pats to lose a first round draft pick, took a couple of their coaches and made them head coaches of the Jets, stole Curtis Martin from them in order for him to have a HOF career, and Bellicheck taking Leon Hess's money, then being head coach for 1 day before resigning and going to the Pats.  I could go on and on.  Please edit this list and put the Patriots in the #1 spot, where they belong.

• Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

7an9.gif

I root for Geno now.  An amazing comeback story fueled by his great attitude.  Not sure it was there when we first drafted him but my hunch is he developed it through the adversity.  You have to admire when people can do that.  

• Upvote 1
  • Ugh 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

Wait, why Bears fans?

Because I live in the Chicago area.  I find it hard to root for any of the local teams.  Local media just kisses their asses all the time.  And its way worse when they are winning.  I like Fields, still want to see him do well, but its not because I am rooting for the Bears. Its because I would finally like to be right about a QB for a change.

• Haha 2

Just now, Lith said:

Because I live in the Chicago area.  I find it hard to root for any of the local teams.  Local media just kisses their asses all the time.  And its way worse when they are winning.  I like Fields, still want to see him do well, but its not because I am rooting for the Bears. Its because I would finally like to be right about a QB for a change.

I’ve heard the Waddle and Silvy show is worse than even the Scott Zolak stuff in New England. I would like to see Fields do well, though

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Asymmetrical said:

Oh no they're fine its Randy Mueller and the other guy. 

Mueller seems lovely, and I can understand his being exasperated (from a former GMs perspective) with the pressure Rodgers was putting on Gutenkunst, but he does hammer the Jets every chance he gets now

5 minutes ago, victorjets said:

“It doesn’t happen often where an NFL team or organization gets embarrassed,” Payton said. “And that happened here. Part of it was their own fault, relative to spending so much [expletive] time trying to win the offseason—the PR, the pomp and circumstance, marching people around and all this stuff.

“We’re not doing any of that. The Jets did that this year. You watch. Hard Knocks, all of it. I can see it coming. Remember when [former Washington owner] Dan Snyder put that Dream Team together? I was at the Giants [in 2000]. I was a young coach. I thought, ‘How are we going to compete with them? Deion’s [Sanders] there now.’ That team won eight games or whatever. So, listen…just put the work in.”

ADDED! My mistake

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve heard the Waddle and Silvy show is worse than even the Scott Zolak stuff in New England. I would like to see Fields do well, though

Used to listen to local sports talk radio commuting to and from work.  Before the growth of satellite radio and podcasts.  And before I started telecommuting.  Probably 10+ years since I listened to Waddle and Silvy.  Or Mac, Jurko and Harry (if they are even still a thing).  Mike North with Dan Jiggets and Doug Buffone. 

Greatest schadenfreude sports moment of my life was being at the Cubs-Marlins game 6 at Wrigley in 2003.  The Bartman game.  I had a blast as all the Cub fans around me went from celebratory to suicidal in a matter of minutes.  It was awesome.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Mueller seems lovely, and I can understand his being exasperated (from a former GMs perspective) with the pressure Rodgers was putting on Gutenkunst, but he does hammer the Jets every chance he gets now

that's fair but the enemies thread is not the place for fairness or understanding when it comes to the architect of the 2007 Miami Dolphins

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lith said:

Greatest schadenfreude sports moment of my life was being at the Cubs-Marlins game 6 at Wrigley in 2003.  The Bartman game.  I had a blast as all the Cub fans around me went from celebratory to suicidal in a matter of minutes.  It was awesome.

That must have been incredible. I remember watching it on TV and dying inside for that dude

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Dan Marino, Don Shula and AJ Duhe should be on the list. Jason Taylor would get an honorable mention. Possibly BB, just because he's a scumbag. But that would put him on the Scumbag List, forget BB then.

Throw Chipper Jones in there too?

• Upvote 3