Banged up team...

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Leeway sure. But what does that mean. I still don't believe he will be any more than a sub par backup QB. 

Some individuals here believe he can be the heir apparent to Rodgers which is funny on multiple levels. The first being that as much as I like  Rodgers he hasn't  done anything to be the heir to as a Jet.

We should realistically be looking at someone like Michael Penix next year if they fall to us as someone to be Rodgers understudy. Granted it will be hard to stomach taking a QB in the first but this looks to be a good deep class.

We have more than a substantial sample size on Zach and it has been bad. He could totally be Geno Smith and finally develop 10 years from now with the perfect staff around him. I'd rather try to do better than what Wilson has proven to be over 3 years now.

I don't hate the kid, I'm just calling a spade a spade and not trying to prop up an obviously bad QB with hope and pixy dust.

He is getting close... 

He moves the ball up and down the field with the running game but is lacking the finish... 

A lot of this is on the offense as a whole but I really feel they are close. 

They have also played almost all the best defenses in the league. Which just makes the offense look worse

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

I don't like Zach... I wish the Jets had a better qb

But no I want nothing to do with those losers.

If this is true, then your opinion is exactly thee same as the "losers" you complain about.

I don't have any personal feelings about Zach, but I think he's an objectively poor-performing QB, and I want us to have better.

Just like you say above.

Welcome to the "losers", loser.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 2

4 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm happy to leave that to the community as a whole to determine via the +Rep/-Rep system.

I do find it funny how much the most dedicated homers on this site truly, legitimately, hate their fellow Jets fans.  

All that for wanting more Offensive success.  What a sin. :-k

We all want more offensive success... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

Just now, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

He is getting close... 

He moves the ball up and down the field with the running game but is lacking the finish... 

They have also played almost all the best defenses in the league. Which just makes the offense look worse

I think you are getting your hopes up and its not a check ZW can cash.... time will tell. I'd  love to be wrong but don't think I will be. 

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

If this is true, then your opinion is exactly thee same as the "losers" you complain about.

I don't have any personal feelings about Zach, but I think he's an objectively poor-performing QB, and I want us to have better.

Just like you say above.

Welcome to the "losers", loser.

He won games back to back... And doesn't cost the team draft capital to keep him

• Thumb Down 2

3 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

He won games back to back.

The Jets certainly did win two games in a row.  

The Jets Defense might agree to disagree with you on who exactly was responsible for winning those two games.

The OL in the red zone... WR dropping passes... Naked bootlegs 

Everyone fault but Zach.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Signing a backup QB off the streets is more in the lottery rhelm... Zach Wilson is more like trying to get a person that was in a bad accident to try and fully recover

I knew when I wrote it you wouldn't get it.

Never mind.  

• Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

I think you are getting your hopes up and its not a check ZW can cash.... time will tell. I'd  love to be wrong but don't think I will be. 

What do you get for being 'right'... A bunch of I told you so... The jets won with ZW at QB because he commanded the offense well enough to give the defense a chance to win the game... 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

14 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm happy to leave that to the community as a whole to determine via the +Rep/-Rep system.

I do find it funny how much the most dedicated homers on this site truly, legitimately, hate their fellow Jets fans.  

All that for wanting more Offensive success.  What a sin. :-k

Sorry, not getting any better!

What exactly is a homer? 

We all want success, why on earth would you think any fan wouldn't?  I want the offense to put up 400+ yds every week. We all want Zach to become the next <insert great>. Winning in the NFL is hard, it's a tough league, the Jets have played some of the best defenses and best QB's in the league in these first 6 weeks of the season, and watching fans embarrass themselves bitching about Zach Wilson after a monumental win against a SB team last year is just pathetic. I don't hate anyone. I just wish the cynical Jets fan would get a clue.  

I'm still wishing.

• Post of the Week 1

2 minutes ago, JetsRay said:

Sorry, not getting any better!

What exactly is a homer? 

We all want success, why on earth would you think any fan wouldn't?  I want the offense to put up 400+ yds every week. We all want Zach to become the next <insert great>. Winning in the NFL is hard, it's a tough league, the Jets have played some of the best defenses and best QB's in the league in these first 6 weeks of the season, and watching fans embarrass themselves bitching about Zach Wilson after a monumental win against a SB team last year is just pathetic. I don't hate anyone. I just wish the cynical Jets fan would get a clue.  

I'm still wishing.

Yeah calling another Jet fan a “homer” because they arent miserable is a bit crazy.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The Jets certainly did win two games in a row.  

The Jets Defense might agree to disagree with you on who exactly was responsible for winning those two games.

Everyone fault but Zach.  

The defense is the strength of the team right????.. 

So the jets are leaning into it and are winning games... 

You might not like how it's being done but the truth is Zach is not harming the defense the last few games... 

He is moving the ball to keep the defense fresh... He is leading the team into the red zone... And they are scoring points...

They will need to score more to beat some of the better teams but they have also played some really good teams. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

35 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

What do you get for being 'right'... A bunch of I told you so... The jets won with ZW at QB because he commanded the offense well enough to give the defense a chance to win the game... 

Iol i don't get anything for being right... I wish ZW was not horrible at the QB position, it would be much better for our team.

I objectively see a bad QB, you subjectively hope against the odds he isn’t what he is showing himself to be week in and week out.

Its all fine with me if he can "game manage" his way to a playoff birth great I'll welcome it, as would we all. I will also hope we continue to add to a QB via the draft that is oh... i dont know... actually a threat to opposing DCs and not a walking punchline.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

So if the offense keeps scoring running tds and he is moving the ball to get the defense on their heels and off the run does that get ZW any leeway? 

But we're not scoring running TDs or moving the ball.  We've had 2 running TDs past 2 games.  That's it.  We can't convert on third downs and stay on the field.

All of our points have been because of the defense scoring or setting up field goals and Breece Hall.  That's literally it.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Iol i don't get anything for being right... I wish ZW was not horrible at the QB position, it would be much better for our team.

I objectively see a bad QB, you subjectively hope against the odds he isn’t what he is showing himself to be week in and week out.

Its all fine with me if he can "game manage" his way to a playoff birth great I'll welcome it, as would we all. I will also hope we continue to add to a QB via the draft that is oh... i dont know... actually a threat to opposing DCs and not a walking punchline.

Great... So we agree, Zach Wilson, love or hate is the QB the rest of the year... 

They won... Against a great defense, with a great DL and Lbs... They scored enough trips to the red zone to get easy FGs

Should they score... Yes of course bbbbbuuuuttttt they are close enough to the endzone that they are in the red zone... 

Now it's about finishing.... Last year they weren't moving it at all... And today breece didn't go wild.... So they still did enough to be there. 

• Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, Darnold&#x27;s Forehead said:

But we're not scoring running TDs or moving the ball.  We've had 2 running TDs past 2 games.  That's it.  We can't convert on third downs and stay on the field.

All of our points have been because of the defense scoring or setting up field goals and Breece Hall.  That's literally it.

The FGs are because the offense got the ball to the red zone... 

You can try to discredit that all you want... He got the there... 

• Thumb Down 2
  • En Fuego 1

13 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

The FGs are because the offense got the ball to the red zone... 

You can try to discredit that all you want... He got the there... 

Did they?  

Handed the ball on Philly 45 and no points. 

Jets 45?  3 points. 

Philly 36?  3 points.  

Such an accomplishment to "get there!"  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

He is getting close... 

Please explain this to me.  You can't use "a good run game" as a compliment to a quarterback.  Zach does not move the ball up and down the field.  We had 244 total yards of offense today.  We converted 2 out of 11 3rd downs.  Had 4.1 yards per play.

That's not moving the ball up and down the field.  You are making sh!t up.  The defense forced 4 turnovers and got us into position time and time again to squeeze into field goal range.

He finally connected a deep ball to Wilson after missing Conklin down the sideline.  Conklin throw was late and out of bounds.  Zach completed 1 pass in the redzone.  The other 5 or 6 pass plays were misfires or sacks.

So what you are saying is not happening.  Pointing this out is not being miserable or negative.  It's being honest.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Darnold&#x27;s Forehead said:

Please explain this to me.  You can't use "a good run game" as a compliment to a quarterback.  Zach does not move the ball up and down the field.  We had 244 total yards of offense today.  We converted 2 out of 11 3rd downs.  Had 4.1 yards per play.

That's not moving the ball up and down the field.  You are making sh!t up.  The defense forced 4 turnovers and got us into position time and time again to squeeze into field goal range.

He finally connected a deep ball to Wilson after missing Conklin down the sideline.  Conklin throw was late and out of bounds.  Zach completed 1 pass in the redzone.  The other 5 or 6 pass plays were misfires or sacks.

So what you are saying is not happening.  Pointing this out is not being miserable or negative.  It's being honest.

Discrediting the positive and relishing on the negative is the definition of being biased against the kid. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 hours ago, doitny said:

you just acknowledged that Zach has to improve. every week NFL teams win or lose work on what they need to improve on too. they dont sit around throwing a party for the win. we arent either.

Zach is the weakest link. you know that too.

how many more weeks do we have to hear that he has to improve on this or that? we have been hearing this for 3 years now and we are sick of it.

yes Phila is great and our defense had an incredible game... and we still almost lost. thats the thing with Zach. he cant win unless someone is great...Hall...the defense..etc.

this team is really good. with the injuries and a below average QB we have no business being 3-3. this season could be a really good one but Zach will hold us back. we all see that. 

we dont hate him, we just know he is a liability. he isnt helping us win. he is along for the ride. if this was anyone else he would be benched. but Zach keeps getting chances. if someone is available we need to make the trade and replace Zach. 

if your really a Jet fan and not a Zach fan then you cant tell me if  Cousins or Brissett or Minshew became available you rather stick with Zach.?

I get what you say and I also think he's not a good qb at the moment - he doesnt even win us games - but we ride with him and as long as such a game as the patriots game doesnt happen one more time this season okay - except of cousins there is no one out there who will help our team a lot in comparision to ZW

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

Discrediting the positive and relishing on the negative is the definition of being biased against the kid. 

Reading these threads, you definitely would have thought the Jets lost today. Its mind boggling how negative the Zach haters are. Pretty pathetic, to be honest. Zach played good enough to win today, vs the undefeated NFC Champion. Zach didnt win the game for us. He also didnt lose the game for us. I think, I THINK, thats his job, as the backup QB on a team with an elite defense and running game. 

• Upvote 1