Sports illustrated piece on Zach Wilson

13 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Yes he was the #2 pick in the draft and we can admit that he is a bust.  Lets move past that already because we have no choice.

He is a NFL back up quarterback and is playing because of an injury.  Yes, the defense is primarily the reason for us having a winning record but Zack is holding it down as a back up QB.  

No, he isn’t “holding it down”.  He’s actively hurting our chances of winning games.  Only the defense pitching 2nd half shutouts, getting turnovers, and some blind luck have prevented disaster this season.

And again… he directly cost us the NE game, so I don’t even know why people keep saying this.  

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4

1 hour ago, Jetfuel66 said:

He may be the QB playing under the worst circumstance in the league, but he is not the worst QB.

I'm sorry but you are wrong.

If you were ranking QBs in the NFL 1-32 where would Zach actually rank?

I feel like it's intellectually dishonest not to have him very clearly near the bottom, even if you make excuses to rank him ahead of certain guys who are better.

1 minute ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

At least 10 right now... 

Bryce young, pj walker, Russell Wilson, Gardner minshew, garopollo, Pickett, ridder, Dobbs, Bagent, taylor to name 10 

1) First of all, five of the guys you mentioned are backups.

2) Second of all, what is the basis for making some of these claims? Because virtually all of these guys have better overall numbers than Zach.

3 minutes ago, jetswin said:

correct me if I'm wrong, Zach was a backup this season?

Until he wasn’t, and then he became the unquestioned QB1 the remainder of the season.

People need to stop leaning on that crutch.  Blame Joe Douglas if you didn’t want Zach to be thrust into the QB1 shoes yet again.

• Thumb Down 2

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

1) First of all, five of the guys you mentioned are backups.

2) Second of all, what is the basis for making some of these claims? Because virtually all of these guys have better overall numbers than Zach.

Stats don't tell the whole story when the whole offense is sucking... I'm not going to argue this over and over.. 

Zach is also the backup... The question was what QBs is he better than right now

• Thumb Down 1

Jets fans: ZW is human trash, he is worse than my grandmother at playing football, he sucks, he caused the conflict in the middle east, he steals from babies, his entire family lineage sucks balls and always will

The rest of the free world with eyes: ZW is actually getting better and contributing to wins and is actually being held back by his coach

• Upvote 1

Just now, jetswin said:

I have no problem with Zach, aside from a few obvious mistakes and misses. This guy is rapidly becoming a better QB. He basically has one reliable WR and is playing behind a makeshift line yet again.

I swear some of you guys are still pining for Mike Freaking White or Bollywood for that matter.

Your standards are terribly lacking.  The Jets have had six 30+ point games since 2021 and 4 of them were piloted by QBs not named Zach Wilson, so hell yes I’ll pine for Mike White as an alternative. 

And i don’t want to hear the “Weppinz” argument ever again.  Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall are absolute studs.  That’s all any reasonably capable QB should ever need to not be one of the 5 or so worst QBs I’ve ever seen.  

• WTF? 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, he isn’t “holding it down”.  He’s actively hurting our chances of winning games.  Only the defense pitching 2nd half shutouts, getting turnovers, and some blind luck have prevented disaster this season.

And again… he directly cost us the NE game, so I don’t even know why people keep saying this.  

A back up QB can only do so much.  If he cost us the NE then he (and Dabol) won the Giants game.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, prime21 said:

A back up QB can only do so much.  If he cost us the NE then he (and Dabol) won the Giants game.  

Stop calling him a backup.  He was named the starting QB the remainder of the season coming off 2 prior years as the week 1 unquestioned QB1.  He’s a 3rd year pro.  Not an infant that deserves to be coddled and protected at every turn.  Do better.

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Jets fans: ZW is human trash, he is worse than my grandmother at playing football, he sucks, he caused the conflict in the middle east, he steals from babies, his entire family lineage sucks balls and always will

The rest of the free world with eyes: ZW is actually getting better and contributing to wins and is actually being held back by his coach

People who think Zach wilson is being held back by the coach are wrong 

• En Fuego 1
  • Haha 2

Develop….sure.  As the QB3.  That’s the developmental spot he belonged in.  
Minshew would have cost $5M at most.  Davis Mills a mid-round pick.  Mike White could have easily been resigned.  Bridgewater was available late into the offseason.  There were options available all summer.  
Here we go again. Like f'n clockwork.
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Your standards are terribly lacking.  The Jets have had six 30+ point games since 2021 and 4 of them were piloted by QBs not named Zach Wilson, so hell yes I’ll pine for Mike White as an alternative. 

And i don’t want to hear the “Weppinz” argument ever again.  Garrett Wilson and Breece Hall are absolute studs.  That’s all any reasonably capable QB should ever need to not be one of the 5 or so worst QBs I’ve ever seen.  

Look, the team likes him, the coaches like him, the press (not that it matters) is starting to like him.  Messageboard fans still love to kill the Jets and its staff and players. 
Me, Im happy to see a 23 year old kid improving at QB for my favorite team

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Stop calling him a backup.  He was named the starting QB the remainder of the season coming off 2 prior years as the week 1 unquestioned QB1.  He’s a 3rd year pro.  Not an infant that deserves to be coddled and protected at every turn.  Do better.

He was listed as the back up QB to start the season and the starter was ruled out for the year.  

He cant do better.  That's why he was named the back up!   

• Upvote 2

Just now, jetswin said:

Look, the team likes him, the coaches like him, the press (not that it matters) is starting to like him.  Messageboard fans still love to kill the Jets and its staff and players. 
Me, Im happy to see a 23 year old kid improving at QB for my favorite team

Let’s see how much the team likes him when we’re 5-6 at best at the end of November.

• En Fuego 1

Just now, prime21 said:

He was listed as the back up QB to start the season and the starter was ruled out for the year.  

He cant do better.  That's why he was named the back up!   

Man, with so many posts you have on this forum, I would think you were bit smarter.  

He can’t do better than be the # 31 or 32 ranked QB in most categories?  That’s what you’re going with?

Well then on that we agree.  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

sorry bit, but if you honestly think that you don't understand football, Ryan was calling it out all day, 99% of offensive plays are designed in the box, you can't produce as a QB with that strategy

Well then I guess I just don't understand football 

Because Zach wilson eats ass. 

Still 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

The moment Rodgers went down JD should have been working the phones on the Qb trade market.  
The fact that he didn’t, only added Siemian late (and he hasn’t been activated on gameday yet even then) tells me JD has NOT, in fact “moved on” from Zach Wilson.
If this was a team that had a winning record last year and was poised to take the next step, maybe I could see trading for a QB. But I'm not going to kill JD for not giving up assets for a chance to sneak into the playoffs. He already traded premium assets for Rodgers.
  • Upvote 1