Sports illustrated piece on Zach Wilson

Yes he’s the Jets quarterback.

Yes- The Jets have won four games with him.

Two of said games took absolutely insane things to happen to get the win.

Yes- he made two good throws late.

Confirmed - he is not turning over the ball at an alarming rate anymore- but still turning it over more than he puts up points.

Bottom line is, he is still the absolute worst quarterback in the league ( not sure it’s even close). 

Cool

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 10
  • Post of the Week 2
  • More Ugh 1

42 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Yes he’s the Jets quarterback.

Yes- The Jets have won four games with him.

Two of said games took absolutely insane things to happen to get the win.

Yes- he made two good throws late.

Confirmed - he is not turning over the ball at an alarming rate anymore- but still turning it over more than he puts up points.

Bottom line is, he is still the absolute worst quarterback in the league ( not sure it’s even close). 

Cool

I'd love to see Purdy make that throw to Lazard while running for his life.

Wouldn't happen

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

Slightly OT but I went to look up his numbers this year and saw his record is only 3-3.  Did he not get credited with the win against Buffalo somehow? 

He wasn't the starting QB in that game.

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, Reasonable Jets Fan said:

How many of these 'better' QBs win the game on that last drive like Wilson did... You need better eyes

How many quarterbacks score even just a little so as to not be in the position they were in. Yes- understood, the line was decimated with injuries and yes - he was under fire. At some point people need to stop making excuses for Zach- or he can change the narrative and just put up a few points. This style of winning games is definitely not sustainable.

My eyes are fine. Are yours?

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1

24 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

He may be the QB playing under the worst circumstance in the league, but he is not the worst QB.

I'm sorry but you are wrong.

Both are kind of true. Might be a bottom 3 situation in the league but I doubt it. Bears? Cards? Titans? 

What QBs is he better then? Kenny Pickett? Bryce Young?

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

3 years of this gaslighting.  3 years.  Josh Rosen got jettisoned after 13 games of this level of play.  We’re about to have Zach forced down our throat for a 30th game.  

And some here wonder why folks are angry…

Zach has more talent in his pinky than Rosen had, as well as One MILLION times more guts and Character.

Thats why its the right thing to give him this year to develop.

• Upvote 4
  • Ugh 1

3 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Zach has more talent in his pinky than Rosen had, as well as One MILLION times more guts and Character.

Thats why its the right thing to give him this year to develop.

Develop….sure.  As the QB3.  That’s the developmental spot he belonged in.  

Minshew would have cost $5M at most.  Davis Mills a mid-round pick.  Mike White could have easily been resigned.  Bridgewater was available late into the offseason.  There were options available all summer.  

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Develop….sure.  As the QB3.  That’s the developmental spot he belonged in.  

Ok that's your opinion, but there are a LOT of Professional QB talent evaluators who feel differently than you do.

I'm gonna lean on their expertise.....

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Only the starting QB gets credit for the W or L as an official stat.  On pro-football-reference.com, Rodgers shows up as 1-0 this season. lol.

Reason # 7,524 why it’s dumb to use a team win or loss as a QB metric.  

That's such an insane way to judge wins and losses.  The baseball way for pitchers seems more appropriate - whoever the pitcher happens to be when a team takes or blows a lead.  The fact that Rodgers got the W for THAT is actually hysterical.  Never completed a pass yet somehow is 1-0 as a Jet.

• Upvote 4

Yes he was the #2 pick in the draft and we can admit that he is a bust.  Lets move past that already because we have no choice.

He is a NFL back up quarterback and is playing because of an injury.  Yes, the defense is primarily the reason for us having a winning record but Zack is holding it down as a back up QB.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 2

15 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

3 years of this gaslighting.  3 years.  Josh Rosen got jettisoned after 13 games of this level of play.  We’re about to have Zach forced down our throat for a 30th game.  

And some here wonder why folks are angry…

Not exactly the same but I get the comparison.  Rosen was just god awful - even worse than Zach.  While Zach arguably regressed in year 2, Rosen 100% regressed, going from bad to worst QB in the league by far.  Also 2nd overall is a tougher investment to walk away from than 10th overall.

Also you could argue that we kinda did move on from Zach with the Rodgers trade.  The plan/hope was to bury him and then most likely move on once it became cheaper to do so, at least in the event where he didn't show marked improvement.  He definitely has improved, I don't think anyone could argue against that.  Granted he's gone from bad to below average/bottom tier starter, but still he's improved.  It's still not enough for me to say "OK this is the guy post-Rodgers", but he's played well enough for me to be fine with him as our emergency backup for the time being.  I'm still drafting a QB in 2024 though....without a doubt.  Unless he just somehow balls out from this moment on, it's over for me after this.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Ok that's your opinion, but there are a LOT of Professional QB talent evaluators who feel differently than you do.

I'm gonna lean on their expertise.....

Professional QB talent evaluators are all subject to their pre-draft grade biases like everyone else.  

• Thumb Down 1

9 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

That's such an insane way to judge wins and losses.  The baseball way for pitchers seems more appropriate - whoever the pitcher happens to be when a team takes or blows a lead.  The fact that Rodgers got the W for THAT is actually hysterical.  Never completed a pass yet somehow is 1-0 as a Jet.

Undefeated babyyyy

11 minutes ago, Gibby said:

How many quarterbacks score even just a little so as to not be in the position they were in. Yes- understood, the line was decimated with injuries and yes - he was under fire. At some point people need to stop making excuses for Zach- or he can change the narrative and just put up a few points. This style of winning games is definitely not sustainable.

My eyes are fine. Are yours?

So you understand that people were dropping balls and he was pressured on 75% of his drop backs on driving rain and Hackett stopped running the ball yet.... it's all Zachs fault! 🤣 

Zach made some bad throws and took some horrible sacks... For that he looked like absolute sh*t... That I can agree on...

The over dramatic hyperpolerization that I have to love him if I don't aggressively hate him is what really erks me... I think the dude has talent and it's looking like he is on the cusp of having a few big games... But the rest of the offense is not exactly helping including Hack and his unwillingness to run the ball outside of first down. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

59 minutes ago, Jetfuel66 said:

Its great to see this kid starting to get some of the credit he deserves. 

That throw to Lazard was ELITE!

ZW might just be the most divisive QB in Jets history. And given our history with Pennington, Sanchez, Darnold that is saying something. Even analysts are getting fired up and emotional.

• Upvote 4