Who gets the most blame?

BroadwayRay

Who gets the most blame?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the most blame?

The most?? I guess Joe Douglas? And that's coming from a BIG believer in the guy - For drafting Zach Wilson. That pick has single handedly crippled the entire organization from Day 1, unfortunately. And for continuing to not bring in a viable back up plan. 

It's crippled Saleh's ability to coach aggressive. It got an up and coming OC fired. It forced a WR out of town. It's set records of poor offense in NFL History. 

Talk about a major whiff. I would LOVE to know the actual reasoning behind everything. Because a lot of it just doesn't make sense. I need a 30 for 30 stat. 

Joe Douglas because he took the lazy route and let Rodgers dictate that Zach be the #2 QB. Also had Douglas not blown the #2 Pick in 2021 on Zach Wilson then this chain of events, starting with traded for Rodgers never would have had to happen. Saleh gets an honorable mention because there is no discipline on this team whose accentuates Zach’s ineptitude.

11 hours ago, bonkertons said:

Conklin knocked it away from Garrett lol. This team never fails to amuse. 

If dumbass hadn't stared down a gimpy Lazard and then telegraphed a throw into triple coverage (or managed to throw a RZ TD like 4th Round rook Officer Farva), we don't need a desperation, last chance, low probability Hail Mary with 0 time left.

But hey, you do you.

4 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

If dumbass hadn't stared down a gimpy Lazard and then telegraphed a throw into triple coverage (or managed to throw a RZ TD like 4th Round rook Officer Farva), we don't need a desperation, last chance, low probability Hail Mary with 0 time left.

But hey, you do you.

Did you interpret this as a "Zach Wilson is really good!" post?  

For me its JD. First and foremost.

He bought trash groceries on O.

Doesn't have the balls to tell ownership to butt out on sunk cost. 

Penalties and accountability for them are on Saleh.... the dude is a face and when times are good thats fine... when times are bad and you need actual accountable management its a very bad thing.

Hackett needs to become the offensive quality control coach or some other BS position. The dude is out of his depth in a kiddie pool.

Zach is a bust.... he has replaced ints with fumbles and plays scared football. But thats 4 issues down right now. Darnold and Geno did more with worse rosters sooo hes objectively bad at QB.

All in all an epic disaster in 2023. Which is fun if you're into that kind of thing.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

No, it seemed like a "find someone else to blame again" post.

It was just me, laughing at a Jets thing that happened.  I'm well aware Zach sucks, and we win that game with even bottom-tier #1 QB play.  I'd redirect you to my post talking about how Bart Scott is wrong, and that interception is on Zach, except I'm too lazy to pull the page up in another browser to link it to you.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bonkertons said:

It was just me, laughing at a Jets thing that happened.  I'm well aware Zach sucks, and we win that game with even bottom-tier #1 QB play.  I'd redirect you to my post talking about how Bart Scott is wrong, and that interception is on Zach, except I'm too lazy to pull the page up in another browser to link it to you.  

Oh, we are on the same page, then. Understood and corrected.... lol

• Upvote 1

Honestly, us Jets fans deserve the most blame. Especially the brainwashed ones who when talking Jets football refer to themselves as "us" or "we" duped into believing thay are actually part of the team. The fans are to blame for buying merch, tuning in and watching making the TV ads worth millions and for buying worthless PSL "gold" investments that fill that stadium up week after week year after year.  It all makes the owner bullet proof, unaccountable and eliminates any fear of failure.

As I've considered the question, I think the problem is a "scouting" problem.

JD selected 9 O players in the first 3 rounds of the NFL Draft:

Becton

Mims

Z.Wilson

AVT

Moore

G. Wilson

Hall

Ruckert

Tippman

JD has selected 5 D players in the first 3 rounds of the Draft:

Davis

Zuninga

Sauce

J.J.

McDonald

So, JD clearly has not ignored the O in the draft, with almost a 2 to 1 ratio of picks. Plus, contrary to my preconceived beliefs, JD's hit rate is about the same on both sides of the ball n the first 3 rounds where he is 2 for 5 on D and 4 for 9 on O (if you give him Tippman and better if you give him Becton too).

The real difference here is that JD hits on lower picks for D for starters and contributors - MC3, Clemons, Echols and Bryce Hall - and hits on the waiver wire and UFA - Huff and Q2, And JD's greatest, by far, free agent signing was on D in the form of DJ Reed. Whitehead has proved to be a decent starter as well.

As for picks after round 3 on O all JD has to show is Michael Carter (whose contribution is about as close zero as you can get for a third down RB). JD's sole find off the waiver wire or UFA is Gibson. And the O is littered with disastrous FA signings.

So, it is pretty clear to me that the scouting department does a bad job identifying O talent after the obvious players ranked as round 1 through 3 talent, while they excel at doing so on the D side of the ball. This problem scouting on O extends to free agent signings as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

On 11/13/2023 at 3:15 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Did you know he has a doctorate and was a mathematics professor at NYU before, during , and after sopranos.  I pulled a sopranos line on him when I saw him out. Surprised him a bit.. Said he isn’t use to getting noticed. Real nice guy. 

Did u know he ordered the hit on Tony in the series finale 

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2023 at 11:20 AM, Sonny Werblin said:

As I've considered the question, I think the problem is a "scouting" problem.

JD selected 9 O players in the first 3 rounds of the NFL Draft:

Becton

Mims

Z.Wilson

AVT

Moore

G. Wilson

Hall

Ruckert

Tippman

JD has selected 5 D players in the first 3 rounds of the Draft:

Davis

Zuninga

Sauce

J.J.

McDonald

So, JD clearly has not ignored the O in the draft, with almost a 2 to 1 ratio of picks. Plus, contrary to my preconceived beliefs, JD's hit rate is about the same on both sides of the ball n the first 3 rounds where he is 2 for 5 on D and 4 for 9 on O (if you give him Tippman and better if you give him Becton too).

The real difference here is that JD hits on lower picks for D for starters and contributors - MC3, Clemons, Echols and Bryce Hall - and hits on the waiver wire and UFA - Huff and Q2, And JD's greatest, by far, free agent signing was on D in the form of DJ Reed. Whitehead has proved to be a decent starter as well.

As for picks after round 3 on O all JD has to show is Michael Carter (whose contribution is about as close zero as you can get for a third down RB). JD's sole find off the waiver wire or UFA is Gibson. And the O is littered with disastrous FA signings.

So, it is pretty clear to me that the scouting department does a bad job identifying O talent after the obvious players ranked as round 1 through 3 talent, while they excel at doing so on the D side of the ball. This problem scouting on O extends to free agent signings as well. 

I have been kind of beating this drum in a few places.  I don't know that it is scouting so much as fit.  The defensive system has changed once.  From Gregg Williams to Saleh/Ulbrich.  That might explain the failure of Ashtyn Davis who I think some saw as a single high speed guy for Williams.  The O is on it's third coordinator from Gase/Loggains to Saleh/LaFleur to Saleh/Hackett/Rodgers.  That may explain some of these issues. The O does not have much success so it is hard to see how anybody fits.

At this point I would also suggest Mitchell is something we have past the 3rd round on O and there are a few incomplete/maybe guys still on roster.  They did have a pretty good return on investment with Berrios who they then gave a decent sized deal and dumped.

• Upvote 1

as bad as I think JD is, I have to say I think Saleh is worse.

Saleh came in as a rookie coach thinking he was going to do it better than everyone past and future. He gutted everything that was there and tried to turn everything around in one season with rookie QB, rookie coaches, new blocking scheme, inexperienced corners and host of other issues thinking the coaches under his tutelage would overcome.  It was naive to say the least. He has been getting better with some experience and may turn out to be above average but 3 seasons have now soon passed and each is more of a train wreck than last.  Everyone loves to point at elite defense but to me when teams do not need to score your defense always going to look really good.  With one of the worst offense in the league for 3 years running every opponent only needs a small margin to win - get the lead and cruise to finish.  Not saying the defense is not good - it is - but is also has 2 top 4 picks and heavy $ in FA.  Players make a teams good, coaches not so much.  How many times have we seen coaches everyone tho to be next Lombardi fizzle out either on new teams or when they lose some key FA.  We have also seen Saleh be out-coached in multiple games in each season.

anywho, I do not think either going anywhere until we see the conclusion of the AR experiment.  Hopefully AR comes in at some point and wins a superbowl and all is forgotten with both JD and Saleh they can stay here forever for all i care after that.

if the AR experiment fails - good luck for either of them as they will not get another chance and we will watch another do-over but hey the drafts will be fun.