Tankathon (2023-24 Season Edition)

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

The Pats winning in Buffalo after having already beaten them earlier this year would shock me 

I would also think the bears will cash that number 1 pick in and trade down 

As long as the Pats beat us, it doesn't matter if they lose to Bills. They'd pick 4, Giants 5 who would ten take Nabirs or MHJ.  Bears I could see definitely trading down since they also have that extra 1st rounder in top 10. That wouldn't affect our pick since anyone trading for #1 is taking a QB. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

There’s nothing to get excited about until September, guys.  Pick is gonna be too late to make much impact.  Can’t afford to sign any free agents of significance.  Gonna be the most boring offseason ever.  

?

Garrett Wilson was picked 10th and Breece Hall was picked in the 2nd round. There will be plenty of impact players available when the jets pick. Whether the jets take one or not is a different question.

This is a good WR draft - if the Jets can’t get one of the top tackles, they should target either Malik Nabers or Rome Odunze. 

I’m also pretty sure they can get close to 60 mill under the cap with some restructuring and such. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

As long as the Pats beat us, it doesn't matter if they lose to Bills. They'd pick 4, Giants 5 who would ten take Nabirs or MHJ.  Bears I could see definitely trading down since they also have that extra 1st rounder in top 10. That wouldn't affect our pick since anyone trading for #1 is taking a QB. 

Ok - I was just responding to your scenario that involved the Pats winning out 

15 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Ok - I was just responding to your scenario with involved the Pats winning out 

I don't see the Pats beating Bills next week either. What would shock me is if Pats don't take a QB in round 1.  But hey Pats are unique when it comes to the draft. Their greater needs are QB and WR. They need a QB but there are some QB's like Penix, Nix they could grab in round 2 so they could trade back or go with a WR in round 1. But I don't see Jets beating Pats in final game for variety of reasons. It could be BB last game as a Pats HC. Also, their D is pretty good and will give Seimien fits.  Don't think Zach sees the field again for Jets - EVER. 

Just now, Maynard13 said:

I don't see the Pats beating Bills next week either. What would shock me is if Pats don't take a QB in round 1.  But hey Pats are unique when it comes to the draft. Their greater needs are QB and WR. They need a QB but there are some QB's like Penix, Nix they could grab in round 2 so they could trade back or go with a WR in round 1. But I don't see Jets beating Pats in final game for variety of reasons. It could be BB last game as a Pats HC. Also, their D is pretty good and will give Seimien fits.  Don't think Zach sees the field again for Jets - EVER. 

Obviously a lot depends on who the GM + QB will be but if BB is back there will be no QB taken. They’ll sign Kirk Cousins and take Harrison Jr or top OL.

27 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

?

Garrett Wilson was picked 10th and Breece Hall was picked in the 2nd round. There will be plenty of impact players available when the jets pick. Whether the jets take one or not is a different question.

This is a good WR draft - if the Jets can’t get one of the top tackles, they should target either Malik Nabers or Rome Odunze. 

I’m also pretty sure they can get close to 60 mill under the cap with some restructuring and such. 

Yes but it seems JD is hell bent on grabbing a T whether it be LT or RT.  I have been hoping there was talk about trading back and taking QB Daniels but doesnt seem to be the case. The OL is priority like it was when JD selected Becton and passed on WR Lamb.

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Who are we kidding?  The Pats will probably end up with the guy who ends up being the best QB in the draft.  

1 minute ago, Maynard13 said:

Yes but it seems JD is hell bent on grabbing a T whether it be LT or RT.  I have been hoping there was talk about trading back and taking QB Daniels but doesnt seem to be the case. The OL is priority like it was when JD selected Becton and passed on WR Lamb.

Unless Woody extends JD, I can't see him taking Jayden Daniels.  After beating the Commanders, though, I don't think he'll be there for us to take. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Obviously a lot depends on who the GM + QB will be but if BB is back there will be no QB taken. They’ll sign Kirk Cousins and take Harrison Jr or top OL.

Don't see them going OL. Its not a greater need than WR for them. Cousin's to NE is quite interesting and would be a good fit.  They need a WR and pair Cousins with MHJ, that spells trouble.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Just now, Maynard13 said:

Don't see them going OL. Its not a greater need than WR for them. Cousin's to NE is quite interesting and would be a good fit.  They need a WR and pair Cousins with MHJ, that spells trouble.

From all accounts, it sounds like BB will be gone.  The funny thing is that he probably wouldn't want a rookie QB (that he'd have to develop while he chases the wins record) and he also doesn't tend to draft WRs that high either. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Their starting LT Trent Brown is due to be a free agent + he’s been saying negative stuff about the organization in the media so he’s certainly a goner. If Harrison is there when they pick he would certainly be the pick, but if not I could definitely see OL

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Hopefully we don’t reach based on positional need

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

From all accounts, it sounds like BB will be gone.  The funny thing is that he probably wouldn't want a rookie QB (that he'd have to develop while he chases the wins record) and he also doesn't tend to draft WRs that high either. 

Good points but BB has been in NE for years and his D is very good. Stick Cousins in there with MHJ and that's an explosive offense all of a sudden. 

6 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Their starting LT Trent Brown is due to be a free agent + he’s been saying negative stuff about the organization in the media so he’s certainly a goner. If Harrison is there when they pick he would certainly be the pick, but if not I could definitely see OL

Then would Trent Brown he be a good fit for us? Anyone besides Becton would be an upgrade and fill a dire need..

30 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Then would Trent Brown he be a good fit for us? Anyone besides Becton would be an upgrade and fill a dire need..

Not sure that skill set and scheme match up. I know this regime likes athletic OL and Trent Brown is a big mauler. 

He is certainly the type of free agent + price range we should be looking at though. Can’t rely solely on the draft to fix this swiss cheese OL.

Btw love the avatar…Heat is in my top 10-15 films of all time.

• Post of the Week 1

15 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Not sure that skill set and scheme match up. I know this regime likes athletic OL and Trent Brown is a big mauler. 

He is certainly the type of free agent + price range we should be looking at though. Can’t rely solely on the draft to fix this swiss cheese OL.

Btw love the avatar…Heat is in my top 10-15 films of all time.

People tell me 10X a week De Niro looks just like me 😏

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, slimjasi said:

?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Anthony Jet said:

What’s the highest the jets can get to?

Theoretically probably 3, if they lose next week with no negative SOS changes and maximum help - but that’d mean the Pats beat the Bills and Jets, the Commanders beat the 49ers and Cowboys, and the Giants either beat the Rams and Eagles or win one of those and their SOS ticks above the Jets’ (currently .512 and .516).

Assuming none of those happen then 6 with a loss and help - move up one slot from 9 for at least one win from each LAC (@DEN, KC), TEN (@HOU, JAX) and CHI (ATL, @GB).

If they beat the Pats wins from ATL, NO, GB, LV, DEN, and MIN stop them from dropping down. I think 12 is worst case since GB plays MIN this week and ATL and NO plus DEN and LV play week 18. With CHI/ATL and LAC/DEN this week the better outcome may depend a little on whether the Jets win or lose week 18. Then losers of those games winning other weeks would stop the Jets from moving as far as 12 if they beat the Pats.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Maynard13 said:

Exactly. Just need to not show up vs. Pats, Chargers, Bears and Titans to win 1 of last 2 games and we move into #6. And it’s very possible. 

I don’t think the giants or pats would take a tackle that high, i think they’d go qb or wr, esp. the giants.  But chicago and tenn and the chargers would go LT.  We need wins this weekend.