Trevor Siemian should start vs the Dolphins

Maxman

9 hours ago, hawk said:

What did people see in, or better yet,  didn't see in Boyle today to say someone else should start?

G Wilson fumbled in one drive.

Gibson dropped a ball that hit him in the hands. I left after this drive, so maybe there was a larger sample after I left.

The decision making was quick and right, and the ball was delivered accurately.

I think we’re not seeing or understanding everything that Zach is supposed to do when he lines up.  He calls the play and then is supposed to pass or hand off depending on the play.  But does he call out blocking assignments?  If so then he’s at least partially to blame for free rushers and missed blocks in the run game.  If he doesn’t then someone needs to get this oline on the same page asap.

14 minutes ago, rangerous said:

I think we’re not seeing or understanding everything that Zach is supposed to do when he lines up.  He calls the play and then is supposed to pass or hand off depending on the play.  But does he call out blocking assignments?  If so then he’s at least partially to blame for free rushers and missed blocks in the run game.  If he doesn’t then someone needs to get this oline on the same page asap.

How is a 3rd year pro QB not calling out blocking assignments?  And how in the world would that be a coaching issue if he’s not doing it by now?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How is a 3rd year pro QB not calling out blocking assignments?  And how in the world would that be a coaching issue if he’s not doing it by now?

That’s my point.  I don’t know the nuances of the game that much.  If he’s calling blocking assignments then it’s something else he needs to do better.