Trevor Siemian should start vs the Dolphins

Maxman

What did people see in, or better yet,  didn't see in Boyle today to say someone else should start?

G Wilson fumbled in one drive.

Gibson dropped a ball that hit him in the hands. I left after this drive, so maybe there was a larger sample after I left.

The decision making was quick and right, and the ball was delivered accurately.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Darnold's Forehead said:

Oh man.  Between that and the play where he landed on Saleh, what an ugly day.  That was his Buttfumble or "I see ghosts out there" moment.  It's just a shame it didn't happen against the Patriots just to make it even more embarrassing.

• Upvote 2

48 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Trevor Siemian is on the practice squad. Use one of the two spots to elevate him to the active roster before the Dolphins game. Have him start with Tim Boyle backing him up. 

Zach Wilson should be designated as the emergency 3rd string QB.

Hopefully Duane Brown can come back, I doubt it though. But it would be nice to get some new options on the offensive line. Let Trevor play dink and dunk and after being embarrassed this week, the defense can get back on track against the Dolphins.

I am not predicting good things. Just saying this should be the plan, and feature the young wide outs more.

Amen brother 

24 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Sad thing is, I can totally see Saleh saying with a game on Friday it is too short a week to make a change at QB. 

Well Boyle did nothing to distinguish himself at all. Starting Siemian is a possibility but I would say it's 50/50 at this point.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

This team cannot start Wilson again.

What we witnessed on the field was a team sending a message to its coaches snd front office. It was a statement game. They will not play anymore if he keeps being trotted out.

There's no point in starting or playing ZW anymore.  It didn't work out. 

Run Siemian and Boyle out there and try to lose out.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

There's no point in starting or playing ZW anymore.  It didn't work out. 

Run Siemian and Boyle out there and try to lose out.

To be honest, if there is a younger player out there on a PS I would rather just jettison Boyle and begin the process of building a new QB room now. Not sure if there is a worthy enough one out there but there might be.