Jets Doomed Jets, Not Zach

Ulrich

31 minutes ago, Plen T said:

Blatantly obvious no young QB could succeed within this organization and regime 

Zach has been scapegoated twice only for the team to LOSE OUT WITH HIM ON THE BENCH

its this REGIME that is UTTER GARBAGE

An embarrassing state of affairs 

Except every time we bring in a career jag, they do pretty well and have career years. Vinny, Fitzpatrick, even Josh mccown. Maybe we should stop wasting  time and draft capital on qbs who have high risk of being a bust.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

(sigh)

Zach has an elite arm and he has excellent escapability (not a fan of that word but whatever).  He locks in on 1 WR because we only have 1 legit WR.  He's a slow processor and not the best decision-maker, which are admittedly both critical traits for a QB.  However, we put him in a terrible situation for those weaknesses.  The OL has been pretty awful this year and has completely caved in several games (certainly the Dallas game).  Put him on a team with a competent OL and he'll have a little bit more time to see the field and not worry about pirouetting to buy time to try to make a play.  And give him 3 competent WRs (maybe 1 star like GW and a quality WR2 and WR3), and he'll actually have someone open down the field (who can actually catch) after he buys 5 seconds running away from the Maxx Crosby's of the world.  

4672FA15-0FD9-41EB-8CDE-81A06064170D.webp.2b0074c9713a0727a74247d0f34c2a08.webp

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He is now. Won’t last long. Mommy and daddy wont let him hang out at home at sleep with grandmas. His pathetic arse will have to work just like the rest of us. Transitioning to Coaching is obviously not in the cards for him lol. 

Now I understand. If you had said that in the first place.............

9 hours ago, Ulrich said:

The Zach Wilson* fiasco helped sink the Jets. Yet in the final analysis it was the Jets who sunk the Jets. Due to their their dodgy football program - specifically their clueless offensive program.

Great programs survive botched high draft picks. Happens many times. Even a No. 2 overall projected franchise QB like Zach.

Niners thrived despite the Trey Lance blunder. Sure lucking in to Purdy is a huge reason why. But main reason is their stellar program. They made a major mistake but could withstand it. Had they not hit on Purdy they’d of found another QB to plug in. Likely not at Purdy’s historic production. But they won appreciably with Jimmy G so they woulda found someone.

That’s what great programs do.

Jets?

Led by the blockhead Johnson brothers, they bowed down to Rodgers ignoring offensive deficiencies elsewhere. Keeping their fingers crossed it’ll all work out.🤞= always a hallmark of a great program!

*If I’m Zach I’m thinking:

Screw the Jets and the hater fans & media segment. I was drafted in to a totally dysfunctional offensive operation. I always had dogs—t players and offensive coaches to work with. Arguably the NFL’s worst environment for a top draft pick QB to develop.

So f—k all y’all. I’m outta here. I possess elite physical talent. Obviously I must improve a ton processing the NFL game. Maybe I never will. But I know I never will in this broken environment.

Also one thing lost in Zach’s ignominious Jets tenure: he’s got more to his personality than what we’ve seen of him here. Years ago I saw portions of several interviews before he set foot in 1 Jets Drive. He was self deprecating, funny and personable. He came off likable. This team and offense - and to be sure his wretched play - destroyed his likability here.

Elite physical talent?  If only he had mediocre arm talent. 

• WTF? 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

He is now. Won’t last long. Mommy and daddy wont let him hang out at home at sleep with grandmas. His pathetic arse will have to work just like the rest of us. Transitioning to Coaching is obviously not in the cards for him lol. 

Don’t worry, ZW can live the rest of his life just off the interest of his trust fund.  No wonder Woody is so in love with him.

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This is why putting one player above the team in your fandom is a horrid approach.  

Zach Wilson’s cap charge next season is $11.2M.  After that he’ll be gone and then eventually happily color commentating BYU games.  

We, meanwhile, are stuck with this sh*t franchise. 

I'll take the dead cap hit... please just cut him... with a knife ...and then cut him from the roster.

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, rangerous said:

It’s not even that they drafted him so high.  What they did was pair him with a newbie and inept offensive coordinator and then played him without much of a team to back him up.  Year two had better players but the inept milfy was running the offense.  This season he was supposed to sit.  The bottom line is for all of Zach’s shortcomings the jets didn’t do him any favors by starting him from day one.  Had they brought in a vet to start for a season or two things might have turned out much differently.  And maybe we’re not talking about Rodgers at all.

Compared to Hackett, MLF was a superstar.  Look, let's face it, for Zach's entire tenure his OL has been a total disaster mostly due to their injury rate.  Not making excuses, just stating two undeniable facts. But yes as of now Zach is broken.     

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Compared to Hackett, MLK was a superstar.  Look, let's face it, for Zach's entire tenure his OL has been a total disaster mostly due to their injury rate.  Not making excuses, just stating two undeniable facts. But yes as of now Zach is broken.     

Remember when MLF was the reason Zach sucked?

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Look, let's face it, for Zach's entire tenure his OL has been a total disaster mostly due to their injury rate.  

Zach Wilson's sack rate, 2021-22:  9.6 %

Non-Zach QB sack rate, 2021-22:  ~ 5 %

And thru the first 5 weeks of 2023, the Jets OL had Zach at # 7 in the NFL in pocket time.  It was only after that point did he start plummeting down the list.  He still sucked the first 5 weeks of the season.

The OL isn't a legitimate reason for Zach Wilson's overall failure.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You guys operate as if OCs are supposed to be baby-sitters.  Absurdity.  

Maybe not if this was being run like a real team.  I suspect saleh delegated a whole lotta responsibility onto milfy and even Hackett since he doesn’t appear to know offense.  Saleh took a special interest in the defense.  And if saleh wants to have this type of hierarchy then he should be looking for assistant head coach offense and assistant head coach defense with the responsibilities they imply.

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

Maybe not if this was being run like a real team.  I suspect saleh delegated a whole lotta responsibility onto milfy and even Hackett since he doesn’t appear to know offense.  Saleh took a special interest in the defense.  And if saleh wants to have this type of hierarchy then he should be looking for assistant head coach offense and assistant head coach defense with the responsibilities they imply.

Zach Wilson is supposed to be a professional QB in his 3rd season.  Not a child.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

The last two seasons he was being led by a child.

Oh, in that case, lets take up Zach's 5th year option, and offer a 10 year extension.  It's really only fair, and after all, you can't judge a QB after only 1, er, 2, er, 3, er, 5, er, 9 seasons, especially when being led by (insert anyone's name other than Zach), because they clearly are to blame.

I mean, I'm not saying Zach is entirely blameless, at least 0.000000001% of the blame should be on Zach, obviously.  See, I'm critical of Zach too!

Zach Forever!

• Haha 2