god I miss rex

kmnj

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

.  Any “politics” stemmed from complaints about the play calling:

Wrong. When I say politics, I mean the national politics of the day at that time.  There was a lot of tension there due to political inclinations and it was seriously intense.  And yes... I know it for a fact. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

If only Vinny did not go down with the achilles.  We would have another Super Bowl trophy.  That was the most devastating injury in team history.

and if Vinny did not dirt the ball in front of Ritchie Anderson in the red zone, the Jets would have beaten Denver and went on to WRECK Atlanta in the Superbowl. Parcells got close once.  Rex did twice.  

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I’m well aware what he has tried. However it does not excuse the outcome. Worst OL in NFL last yr. Worst this yr. Was never ranked very high in his tenure. In 5 years. This have not worked out obviously to plan. The extra effort is sometimes needed, in this case lot more effort. If the same will to have a dominant OL as he has had for a dominant DL, wouldn’t be having this discussion. Everything is backwards with Joe Douglas. OL is the most important unit in the NFL, and he has not gone the extra mile a LOT of other gms have.

ever wonder why our OL gets injured as much as they do? if memory serves me correct i think last year the OL got hit bad with injuries too. 

we had 2 different OCs so that cant be it. maybe the zone blocking scheme isnt good for the guys we have? maybe its the bad QBs who make defense's load the box giving them too many guys to block?

idk but i think thats a serious question. i think if we got half the injuries we do on the OL it would be much better.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, doitny said:

ever wonder why our OL gets injured as much as they do? if memory serves me correct i think last year the OL got hit bad with injuries too. 

we had 2 different OCs so that cant be it. maybe the zone blocking scheme isnt good for the guys we have? maybe its the bad QBs who make defense's load the box giving them too many guys to block?

idk but i think thats a serious question. i think if we got half the injuries we do on the OL it would be much better.

Could be those things, as well as others too.  For 1 age, JD has signed some older, injury prone guys. Playing out of position definitely is a reason for a Olineman. When they have to angle to block in a position they are not use to. Weight is certainly another. A guy like becton carry too much weight, knee injury waiting to happen. Would probably help having familiarities as a unit, instead of playing with new guys on the OL. Either way, any or most of these you and I point out, bottom line is JD has repeatedly failed to put out an effective OL. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Could be those things, as well as others too.  For 1 age, JD has signed some older, injury prone guys. Playing out of position definitely is a reason for a Olineman. When they have to angle to block in a position they are not use to. Weight is certainly another. A guy like becton carry too much weight, knee injury waiting to happen. Would probably help having familiarities as a unit, instead of playing with new guys on the OL. Either way, any or most of these you and I point out, bottom line is JD has repeatedly failed to put out an effective OL. 

If JD does not double dip on offensive lineman in the coming draft and or he goes into the 2024 season with out a quality back-up QB, he should be SHlT CANNED before the Jets take the field to open the season

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Both championship games he was so unprepared, our D gave up 24 unanswered points in both games. He also did it as Baltimore DC.

Jeez your stubborn and enjoy mediocrity.

You do realize that you are COMPLAINING about when we went 3 games deep into the post season twice in a row, right!  That was some nosebleed rarified air we were breathing.  But have at it bud.    

5 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

You do realize that you are COMPLAINING about when we went 3 games deep into the post season twice in a row, right!  That was some nosebleed rarified air we were breathing.  But have at it bud.    

Rex was a poor coach.  With the talent on those teams, I could argue he under performed.   His legacy is his destruction of that roster over his tenure, his ill preparedness in the 2 AFCC games, his late collapse in 2012 when we were 8-5, his poor hiring of assistants. You think that Baltimore is sorry they passed on him and hired John Harbaugh who had MUCH less bravado?  

• Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Rex was a poor coach.  With the talent on those teams, I could argue he under performed.   His legacy is his destruction of that roster over his tenure, his ill preparedness in the 2 AFCC games, his late collapse in 2012 when we were 8-5, his poor hiring of assistants. You think that Baltimore is sorry they passed on him and hired John Harbaugh who had MUCH less bravado?  

They were still celebrating the Patriots win two days before playing the Steelers, and it showed. 1st half of 2010 afc championship game Steelers 24-0 lead. They weren’t ready to play. The Patriots game was their Super Bowl. BUT REX! 

• Post of the Week 1

On 12/5/2023 at 1:23 PM, BroadwayRay said:

Yeah, Rex was good for laughs. How about we hire him as team mascot?

You can say what you will about rex he wasn't a great head coach but his players loved him and played their hearts out for him you wouldn't see guys quitting on plays like they do now.

8 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

You can say what you will about rex he wasn't a great head coach but his players loved him and played their hearts out for him you wouldn't see guys quitting on plays like they do now.

Enough with the myth making and check your history.  His locker rooms were a disaster in his finals years. Santonio Holmes ring any bells?