god I miss rex

kmnj

4 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the rex era was so much fun-the stadium was rocking and was LOUD-no stupid gimmicks just loud crazy fans cheering their asses off -revis island was in full force and we were in the playoffs-in my best Jim Mora voice yes playoffs. 

Even at its worst moments the Rex "circus" was ten million times better than the Saleh trash which is not even remotely entertaining or competitive-I took receipts and bob they don't look good.

that is all.....

Jets have never had a good GM. Mangini was the defecto gm when he was HC. He wanted to build strong OL, got MT to get some good players. He just couldn’t coach a D anywhere near Rex. Rex took mangini’s 20th ranked D and instantly made it number 1.  

The roster starting fading after those 2 years of back to back AFC championships because it was MT and Rex drafting/ building roster. This is similar to know, Joe D has no clue how to build a team, and his HC isn’t gm worthy either. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, kmnj said:

the rex era was so much fun-the stadium was rocking and was LOUD-no stupid gimmicks just loud crazy fans cheering their asses off -revis island was in full force and we were in the playoffs-in my best Jim Mora voice yes playoffs. 

Even at its worst moments the Rex "circus" was ten million times better than the Saleh trash which is not even remotely entertaining or competitive-I took receipts and bob they don't look good.

that is all.....

Yeah, Rex was good for laughs. How about we hire him as team mascot?

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, kmnj said:

that is all.....

No one misses him more than @T0mShane

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, funaz said:

Rex was more successful than Parcels with the Jets.

Rex was the best coach the jets have had in 50 years. You don’t have to like it but you have to accept it

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

HAHAHAHAHAHA.  Comparing Rex to Parcells is laughable.

Parcells is a hall of famer.  One of the greatest to ever do it.  Was 29-19 as hc of nyj.

Rex is a total buffoon.  Ran 2 organizations into the ground.  Was 46-50 as hc of nyj.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

49 minutes ago, kmnj said:

that is all.....

That prime Rex team would steamroll through our schedule this year.. all the piss poor offensive line play and string of mediocre QBs throughout the league. It's not so much Rex I miss as much as it is the roster we had then. Give me the 09' OL and Sanchez+ Braylon or Cotchery with the rest of this current roster and I think we're a legit SB contender.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

that is all.....

While I don’t disagree I also feel all the leaks coming from the building that has doomed this organization started with him.

That is all

46 minutes ago, funaz said:

Rex was more successful than Parcels with the Jets.

Rex was the best coach the jets have had in 50 years. You don’t have to like it but you have to accept it

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I will continue to defend Rex and Sanchez.  They brought Jets Fans the best football they have seen in the last 25 years.  

It’s time for JD to go, and for Woody to try again.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

It's been all downhill since we fired Sal Alosi. Tongue in cheek but does it not seriously seem like we've had an abnormal amount of injuries since then? 

Loved Sal!  Didnt he trip a dolphin on the sideline during a kickoff or punt return?

John Lott was up there as an all time Jets strength coach as well.

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Jets have never had a good GM. Mangini was the defecto gm when he was HC. He wanted to build strong OL, got MT to get some good players. He just couldn’t coach a D anywhere near Rex. Rex took mangini’s 20th ranked D and instantly made it number 1.  

The roster starting fading after those 2 years of back to back AFC championships because it was MT and Rex drafting/ building roster. This is similar to know, Joe D has no clue how to build a team, and his HC isn’t gm worthy either. 

Yes I always thought Mangenius should have been signed as the GM. He built a great roster except for QB. Even now I think he could do it.

I also think Saleh is a good HC but needs a weaselly control freak like Mangini as GM. Speaking of which. Does anyone else think Saleh is going to become the next Pete Carrol? I think he needs less control over the offense but he still seems to check all the other boxes to me.

We need an OC with some balls. I mean someday we will get an OC that knows you're aloud to mislead the other team. Maybe even exploit their tendencies. Hello. You play to win the game.

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Loved Sal!  Didnt he trip a dolphin on the sideline during a kickoff or punt return?

John Lott was up there as an all time Jets strength coach as well.

Apparently it was premeditated, and he had players form a wall to force the returner into the trip. That's what I call above and beyond. 

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Yes I always thought Mangenius should have been signed as the GM. He built a great roster except for QB. Even now I think he could do it.

I also think Saleh is a good HC but needs a weaselly control freak like Mangini as GM. Speaking of which. Does anyone else think Saleh is going to become the next Pete Carrol? I think he needs less control over the offense but he still seems to check all the other boxes to me.

We need an OC with some balls. I mean someday we will get an OC that knows you're aloud to mislead the other team. Maybe even exploit their tendencies. Hello. You play to win the game.

Mangini pushed for a great OL. Rex definitely benefited. With sanchez as qb, strong running game was essential. Allowed D to control game, control and run down the clock, keep D fresh, etc.

Difference between this line and that line. Teams knew the run was coming in 09/10, but still hard to stop. They know it’s coming now but without a dominant OL quite easy to stop when you know the run is coming. If only JD took that blueprint. Make the OL number 1 priority. Notice when Rex was HC, MT starting picking coples, etc. Guys Rex wanted. Once again we have a gm with no backbone, favoring the D for his HC. We once took Dbrick and Mangold with 2 first round picks when mangini was around. You could put $$ on it, Joe D was never going to draft 2 Olineman with his first two picks, even. We had 4 picks in the top 35 2 years ago. I don’t think Oline was even a thought with one of those picks. 

No doubt Rex was a good coach for the short-term. However, he was the epitome of a shooting star.. that’s bright as hell for a brief time..but burns out quickly.  
Of course the fact that he was a disaster with Buffalo shouldn’t be overlooked..but somehow is by many Jets fans who pine for him to return.

• Upvote 2