Kris Jenkins Jr. DT

NYDreamer

15 minutes ago, Columbia Jet Fan said:

Kris Jenkins that one year he was healthy was the most dominant player I've seen play for the Jets outside of Darrelle Revis. He was an absolute stud. 

That being said, outside of a massive haul in FA - any picks in the first five rounds I want dedicated to offense. 

they will need to add DT depth this offseason.  It is not a huge stretch to imagine a mid round pikc spent on DT

• Upvote 1

I like T'Vondre Sweat a lot.  Big boy.  Might actually be there in the early 3rd.  I think Jenkins probably goes in the 2nd if I had to guess.  Sweat though could really help our run D immediately which has been a problem this year.

...and no I don't think every pick should go towards the offense.  Pick 1 sure, and free agency will be heavily focused on the offense(at least one big WR or OT will be brought in, depending on where we finish in the draft).  After that though with picks 3, 4a, 4b, I have no problem taking a DT if there's a guy who can step right in and help solve that hole.  You can still get your development QB and either a #4 WR type or a development OG, depending on what we do in the 1st.  

• Upvote 3

• 2 months later...
7 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

Wow, he sounds just like his father.  I would love to see him next to Quinen. I think they would be a relentless duo.

Jets need to trade back and recoup a early 2nd rounder so they can grab this kid.

Have a sneaky feeling he will impress the sh*t out of a lot of teams and get drafted late 1st by the usual teams who draft well like the Ravens.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Jets need to trade back and recoup a early 2nd rounder so they can grab this kid.

Have a sneaky feeling he will impress the sh*t out of a lot of teams and get drafted late 1st by the usual teams who draft well like the Ravens.

Nah, we're better off trading away all of our picks for Devante Adams.

• Haha 2

On 12/6/2023 at 11:16 AM, NYDreamer said:

There are certain players that helped elevate our defense when we acquired their services.  Kris Jenkins Sr. was one of them. His son plays for Michigan.  I would definitely add him in the third or fourth round. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4432301/kris-jenkins

meh... has very limited pass rush & is "okay" against the run... pass imo. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2023 at 11:18 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

How about Baby Gronk?  

On 3/1/2024 at 8:38 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

Nah, we're better off trading away all of our picks for Devante Adams.

Tuscany be trolling hard in the draft forum, I agree on both points 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...