Will "Aaron Rodgers Surgery" be the new "Tommy John Surgery"?

With the news that AR8 will likely be cleared to play next week, is that going to end up being his legacy?  Obviously, his HOF career should be his legacy but think about what you associate with Tommy John (who won 288 games and was a borderline HOF'er).  

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39128506/sources-aaron-rodgers-likely-medically-cleared-next-week

Just now, JagsFanJif said:

Wtf?  It’s not even a remotely comparable situation, like not the **** at all.  Lmfao 

You don't think there's a chance that, for decades into the future, we'll be hearing about "Aaron Rodgers Surgery"?  Because if so, that's all it would take for people to associate him with the surgery more than his own career.

2 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You don't think there's a chance that, for decades into the future, we'll be hearing about "Aaron Rodgers Surgery"?  Because if so, that's all it would take for people to associate him with the surgery more than his own career.

Could be wrong but didn’t Cam Akers do this procedure first? 

The fact that Rodgers s showing so much mobility after an Achilles is amazing.  I remember when Marino got his.  He came back but he was limping the whole season.  IMO the Achilles is worse than an ACL or MCL.  And there are players playing with serious knee problems like bone on bone and even ligament damage.  I don’t think a player can play with an Achilles tear.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, JagsFanJif said:

Could be wrong but didn’t Cam Akers do this procedure first? 

12 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

He was the first one I’m aware of, and he tore it again this year

image.jpeg.521da8130979836dc8f09a58fc4ca76c.jpeg

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Ah, I thought it was. Turns out this year was his left, the one earlier was his right

I added the "Misleading" tag to your previous post!  :)

• Haha 2