Mel Kiper says

AFJF

Tamba Hali has fallen from a projected top 12 pick, to the top of the 2nd round due to a poor pro day.

discuss

How many so called blue chippers in shorts turn out to be duds once the pads go on and how many crappers in shorts turn out to be all pros one day...it's all one big crap shoot as we've heard over and over...just hope for the best and roll the dice.

Some team will be a very lucky recipient if that is the case.

The guy has a tremendous motor, and there is no quit in him. He came up big, late in games when others were tired

when I saw Hali at the Senior Bowl - he's a great competator as you say but a little undersized - big tackles can engulf him. His pro day was horrible. Mel might be right about this one. He's not in my and R44's latest mock, dated 4/2.

I'm a big Penn State fan having gone there 10 years ago. That being said, unless Hali put on some serious wieght and keeps his speed, he will amount to nithing more than a very effective 3rd down rusher. He'll never be an every down DE in the NFL as he is right now.

The one thing Mel said on ESPN Radio that was interesting was that the position of defensive end is probably the riskiest to choose early in the draft. He said that once guys get into the pros and face consistently good offensive line play, then you can see who is good and who isn't. Collin Cowheard then said, "so why ever draft a linemen in the first round?" And Mel said if you never drafted a first round linemen, you would miss out on Bruce Smith, Reggie White etc... He said that the second round has actually produced a better hit rate for defensive linemen and gave Michael Strahan as an example. Take it for what it is worth.

How many so called blue chippers in shorts turn out to be duds once the pads go on and how many crappers in shorts turn out to be all pros one day...it's all one big crap shoot as we've heard over and over...just hope for the best and roll the dice.

God, I love Jessica Biel.

Great shot.

Tamba Hali has fallen from a projected top 12 pick, to the top of the 2nd round due to a poor pro day.

discuss

I think New Orleans is definitely trading down. I'm sure several different teams are interested in Leinart including us. I could see them trading the #2 pick to Oakland, Minnesota or Arizona.

Archived