the Jets are the Kings of useless wins

Dcat

I can't even say it is the dumbest win this franchise has ever delivered because it isn't.

Look at it this way.  It is a one-year aberration and unlikely to ever happen again because  we have Trevor Lawrence tucked away as our franchise QB.

Oh wait.... I must be channeling the last time I heard this utter stupidly.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

Too bad this team doesn't win when it counts.  This useless win gains is a much lower draft pick. Same thing every year.  Tired of it.  Win when it counts dammit. 
Yes, I agree 1000%. Piling up wins when it counts for nothing except giving us a worse draft pick. This win felt like a loss. GD it's frustrating as F

Sent from my TFY-LX3 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, extmenace said:

They won this week. They regrouped. The staff is staying. Need to keep the players bought in. We need to be aggressive in free agency, Can’t force players to sign here. Need to show something or we’ll get rejected by everyone. Plenty of teams that are good that are never in the top 10. I get it, the high pick is great but we’ve been picking inside the top 10 most years. Still a losing franchise. 

It’s because of the incompetence of the front office and coaches and most of all the awful ownership

Losing that way would have done some damage to the locker room. I’m cool with a nice draft pick, but losing like that would have been bad. Take the win, let the team build some morale, and build on it. Top 5 pick is nice but there are difference makers that can be drafted at any pick in the first round. The jets just need to nail the pick. Justin jefferson was pick 22, ceedee lamb at 17. Same with offensive linemen, good ones can still be found at pick 8-12. This would be different if we were trying to land a qb. We’re not.
Except we do it over and over. **** the damage to the locker room. If they need a useless win for motivation we have no freaking shot.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Yes, I agree 1000%. Piling up wins when it counts for nothing except giving us a worse draft pick. This win felt like a loss. GD it's frustrating as F

Not to mention the team quit last week, when the postseason still a possibility (albeit a longshot).

This is just a pathetic franchise but we already knew that given the longest streak without making the playoffs in the 4 major sports. Whatever, they aren’t ruining my Christmas (again). Happy holidays to all of you, we deserve it after being fans of this sh!tshow.

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Nate Hackett waited all season until the game didn't matter.

Stop it!! I was at the game and was happy when the FG was good. If you can’t root for the team then don’t watch the game.  How could you be a fan then rip the team for winning. It’s idiocy.

• Thumb Down 1

Just now, JetsFanatic said:

Stop it!! I was at the game and was happy when the FG was good. If you can’t root for the team then don’t watch the game.  How could you be a fan then rip the team for winning. It’s idiocy.

I'm rooting for the long-term interests of the team.  Today's win hurt us.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, Yucatan Jetfan said:

Except we do it over and over. **** the damage to the locker room. If they need a useless win for motivation we have no freaking shot.

We are fans, how we feel doesn’t mean sh*t. Sauce seems pretty happy with the W. I bet the rest of the team is too. Our feelings don’t impact games….

5 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

How can you be a fan when you root for outcomes which ensure nothing other than the fact that this franchise will continue to be among the worst if not the worst in the entire NFL?  

We do not have Trevor Lawrence.  I remember you having the same position during that discussion and it is the same effing discussion.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

I get the sentiment,  after all these years though i’ve accepted the parity of the draft. For every manning  and Lawrence there’s 20 leafs and Wilson’s. It really doesn’t matter at the end of the day. 

We should just trade our 1st rounder every year to a division rival for their 7th rounder.  It's all a crapshoot anyway.