~~~ Other NFL games 12-31 ~~~

2 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

McDonald wont ride the bench next year.  This is JJ all over again.  Ya'll acting like JSN would do sh*t in this offense is hysterical.  He's as JAG as JAG gets on a potent offense w/ a good QB and 2 studs.  He literally wouldnt even be able to get open here and this entire board would have written him off as a bust.  There are 7 WR's from this draft that are better then JSN.  Again, bitch and moan all you want about the pick, I dont really give AF but this pining for a JAG WR is extremely misplaced.

If you have determined he is a terrible player then yes, no matter what the jets did it was the right move.

We are standing here wondering what to do with Bryce huff becasue he serves the same function as mcdonald.  

In an 'all in year' taking a developmental rush end was beyond stupid.  If you hate JSN just substitute any of about 20 other players that could have helped us right now.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If Carr like rodges blew his achilles out after 4 plays the jets would be VASTLY better off in all ways.

Exactly. Even if Carr was a disaster we would still have the picks and we wouldn't have all Rodgers peyote buddies stinking up the roster.

Carr also wouldn't be screaming about vaccines and how he's gonna beat medical science and come back form an injury making himself the center of attention all season.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

McDonald wont ride the bench next year.  This is JJ all over again.  Ya'll acting like JSN would do sh*t in this offense is hysterical.  He's as JAG as JAG gets on a potent offense w/ a good QB and 2 studs.  He literally wouldnt even be able to get open here and this entire board would have written him off as a bust.  There are 7 WR's from this draft that are better then JSN.  Again, bitch and moan all you want about the pick, I dont really give AF but this pining for a JAG WR is extremely misplaced.

Hysterical is still defending that awful pick in any capacity.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

McDonald wont ride the bench next year.  This is JJ all over again.  Ya'll acting like JSN would do sh*t in this offense is hysterical.  He's as JAG as JAG gets on a potent offense w/ a good QB and 2 studs.  He literally wouldnt even be able to get open here and this entire board would have written him off as a bust.  There are 7 WR's from this draft that are better than JSN.  Again, bitch and moan all you want about the pick, I dont really give AF but this pining for a JAG WR is extremely misplaced.

It sure seems like you give AF though, 😂

If I’m following you correctly, JSN who is actually starting and producing in the NFL is a JAG, but the 24yo 1st round pick who didn’t even dress half the time and barely got on the field when he did was the correct pick because… “he’s gonna be JJ all over again”. Is that right?

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It’s because the team and the fans hate him and want him cut. 

8 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Michael Thomas literally live tweeted a Saints game a few weeks ago not so subtly calling out Carr for being terrible and then deleted his account 

Olave quitting on routes left and right all year….

i googled it and you guys might be right. but he is still having a good year and there is no way there cutting him. they can still make the playoffs.

25 minutes ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

People need to feel better about what a disaster trading for Aaron Rodgers has been so far so they need to create a narrative that Carr also would have been a disaster here.

Can’t imagine why a guy that was cut outright by the Raiders after failing to find a trade partner and whom the Saints would dump into the swamp tomorrow if they could find a way to eat the cap charge wouldn’t be awesome here where, I’ve heard, the talent is super good and conducive to Carr’s many strengths.

9 minutes ago, doitny said:

i googled it and you guys might be right. but he is still having a good year and there is no way there cutting him. they can still make the playoffs.

I think starting Carr is the worst position you can be in. You’re MAYBE in contention for a wild card spot which is the ceiling. And you’re probably not bad enough to draft top 5. So you’re stuck paying mediocrity $40 million a year and not being in a position to replace him, both in free agency and in the draft. 

• Post of the Week 1

24 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

The fickleness of FF, in the championship game in my league, close game, one guy has the packers defense and that is it.  He is up by about 5 or 6 points due to the iron clad packers D.

The packers muff a punt on their own 5 yard line and minny gets a free td.   The game is within a point now i think.

Meanwhile my team in the 3rd place game and once again i have a good solid week and the other dude has a couple players play out of their skulls (he has Love) looks like I lose again.   😭

I was unaware of how fantasy football playoffs work (cumulative scores over two weeks?!) and thought I had lost. I entered as the two seed, lost the first week of the playoffs by a couple and thought I was out. Ended up losing by 2.5. points with Mike Evans on the bench.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Lol, apparently David Tepper threw a drink on a bunch of jacksonville fans after Bryce Young stinking it up again.

I see a large fine coming up.

The video of it happening is in this thread. It was posted around the time the 4pm games ended if I remember correctly.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Can’t imagine why a guy that was cut outright by the Raiders after failing to find a trade partner and whom the Saints would dump into the swamp tomorrow if they could find a way to eat the cap charge wouldn’t be awesome here where, I’ve heard, the talent is super good and conducive to Carr’s many strengths.

They didnt find a trade partner because Carr wouldn't waive his no trade clause with the Raiders.

Why would he:

1) help out the Raiders 

2) weaken the team he is going to when he could just sign with them 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, PS17 said:

I think starting Carr is the worst position you can be in. You’re MAYBE in contention for a wild card spot which is the ceiling. And you’re probably not bad enough to draft top 5. So you’re stuck paying mediocrity $40 million a year and not being in a position to replace him, both in free agency and in the draft. 

So you’re saying it’s like us having Aaron Rodgers?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Green Ghost said:

So you’re saying it’s like us having Aaron Rodgers?

At least with Rodgers you’re shooting for the stars. With Carr you’re shooting for Applebee’s

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I was unaware of how fantasy football playoffs work (cumulative scores over two weeks?!) and thought I had lost. I entered as the two seed, lost the first week of the playoffs by a couple and thought I was out. Ended up losing by 2.5. points with Mike Evans on the bench.

Cumulative scores definitely isn’t the default setting. The commish needs to make that loud and clear before the season starts. Or maybe you missed it. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Except Rodgers looked old and is coming off his worst season of his career and costs you picks and costs you rosters spots and you need to employ the worst OC in the league.

Yeah it’s been a bust but in hindsight I’d still go after Rodgers over Carr. Both options stunk. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Cumulative scores definitely isn’t the default setting. The commish needs to make that loud and clear before the season starts. Or maybe you missed it. 

Yeah, I hopped on at the last minute. 

56 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If you have determined he is a terrible player then yes, no matter what the jets did it was the right move.

We are standing here wondering what to do with Bryce huff becasue he serves the same function as mcdonald.  

In an 'all in year' taking a developmental rush end was beyond stupid.  If you hate JSN just substitute any of about 20 other players that could have helped us right now.

I’ve literally said that 10 times.   

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

It sure seems like you give AF though, 😂

If I’m following you correctly, JSN who is actually starting and producing in the NFL is a JAG, but the 24yo 1st round pick who didn’t even dress half the time and barely got on the field when he did was the correct pick because… “he’s gonna be JJ all over again”. Is that right?

Basically.  Yes.  I’d take McDonald over JSN, all day every day because he’s going to be a monster and JSN is a JAG.

Don’t worry, I’ve already got this booked marked.  Will be another in the long list of JiF laughs at the board bumps.  It’s almost 100% guaranteed at this point. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

Basically.  Yes.  I’d take McDonald over JSN, all day every day because he’s going to be a monster and JSN is a JAG.

Don’t worry, I’ve already got this booked marked.  Will be another in the long list of JiF laughs at the board bumps.  It’s almost 100% guaranteed at this point. 

Nervous Duck Dynasty GIF by DefyTV

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Me as well

I thought I was out, didn't pay attention to the 2nd week, and lost by 3 total points.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Macdonald was not even a 1st rd prospect by most folks. He was a reach. Jsn  has been better player to date and will continue to be better player in the future 

• Upvote 2

I'm agnostic about the selection of McDonald versus Smith-Ngijba. I can see the reasons why, especially if the Jets let Huff go at the season end.

The really egregious issues with the 2023 staff were that Douglas let himself get ripped off by the Packers, which cost a couple of spots in the first round draft, and then standing pat when the Steelers leapfrogged the Jets with a trade with the Patriots so the Steelers could draft Jones.

Everybody knew the Jets were gagging for offensive line help and Jones was the last first round talent on the board when our original pick came up.

7 hours ago, Prodigal Syndicate said:

Carr was always a bad fit for the Saints.

He is a 10-20 QB on an old, expensive team who don't have tons of talent and he can't elevate a bad team.

They needed to rid the roster of bad contracts and tank for a couple years. 

Carr is who he is, he's a known quantity who would have been a far better fit on the Jets and we would be a in a better position with him than trading for Arod.

The Saints are an overpriced team run by a bad defensive-minded head coach and a dubious OC, running an offense that features a dynamic running back and an electric receiver from Ohio State, so I can see how you’d think the Jets situation would be a better fit for Carr

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

I'm agnostic about the selection of McDonald versus Smith-Ngijba. I can see the reasons why, especially if the Jets let Huff go at the season end.

The really egregious issues with the 2023 staff were that Douglas let himself get ripped off by the Packers, which cost a couple of spots in the first round draft, and then standing pat when the Steelers leapfrogged the Jets with a trade with the Patriots so the Steelers could draft Jones.

Everybody knew the Jets were gagging for offensive line help and Jones was the last first round talent on the board when our original pick came up.

FWIW, Broderick Jones has been pretty bad this year, especially in pass pro

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Taking him was so so but taking him and not cutting Lawson was inept.

• Upvote 1

The plan was to have Garrett Wilson, Corey Davis, and Alan Lazard at receiver, with Breece Hall, Uzomah, and Conklin getting the rest of the targets. Rodgers historically spams his WR1 with 45%-50% of his targets and spreads the rest around almost equally to his other guys. When he won the MVP in 2021, that whole passing offense was Davante Adams and Aaron Jones, with everyone else picking up scraps. While you Madden-brain wimps clutch your pearls over the frail slot guy who runs a 4.5/40, at least note that Rodgers wasn’t going to need that guy anyway, and Corey Davis would have been infinitely better than him regardless.

Behold, Rodgers’ target distribution in 2021 (Garrett Wilson would have gone over 2,000):

IMG_4811.jpeg

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Saints are an overpriced team run by a bad defensive-minded head coach and a dubious OC, running an offense that features a dynamic running back and an electric receiver from Ohio State, so I can see how you’d think the Jets situation would be a better fit for Carr

I think it's safe to say Carr had a better season than Rodgers.

Meme Reaction GIF

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2