Minimum requirements to retain Salah and Douglas?

For me, this year was supposed to be playoffs, with next year a superbowl run. I had thought playoffs were possible without the injuries about half way through the season. But we are further away on O than I thought. JD needs a great off-season focused on the O and then we have to make the playoffs.  If that happens, no reason not to extend.

I'm tired of starting over every couple of years. I'd like to see if they can learn and improve here rather than making mistakes here and then having success when they leave. 

• Upvote 1

Since the bar has been set so low for what seems like forever, I don't just want a playoff appearance as the minimum, I want a home playoff game and W! Rodgers was brought in to win a Super Bowl, not just make the playoffs, so let's see this train wreck of a front office an coaching staff make it happen or the entire lot can pack their bags and GTFOOH.

3 minutes ago, Green hat said:

For me, this year was supposed to be playoffs, with next year a superbowl run. I had thought playoffs were possible without the injuries about half way through the season. But we are further away on O than I thought. JD needs a great off-season focused on the O and then we have to make the playoffs.  If that happens, no reason not to extend.

I'm tired of starting over every couple of years. I'd like to see if they can learn and improve here rather than making mistakes here and then having success when they leave. 

I think Rodgers sees this as well…hence the “I don’t want next year to be my last.”

• With AR8 this is a playoff team

• With a great offseason I think we aren’t a top 4 conference championship team

• With 2 good offseason I think we could make a run at a championship in 2025

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Every fanbase wants blood...And everyone can do the job better......

Reuben Frank @RoobNBCS

Howie definitely made mistakes in roster management. That's going to happen with every G.M. but Howie's overall track record since he returned to power is still outstanding. When you have a collapse this dramatic, everybody has a hand in it - front office, coaches, players.

Yep. Everybody's looking for that one easy answer. There isn't one easy answer. The "lost locker room" stuff is coming from people who've never been in the locker room.

Danny G @Dgiov5

Roob do you think Sirianni has the hottest seat in the league going into/through next year? I agree he won’t be fired this year regardless of what happens

Reuben Frank @RoobNBCS

Mike Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game since 2016. Saleh is 17-33 in three seasons. The Falcons haven't had a winning season under Arthur Smith. And so on. There actually are teams worse off than 34-17 with a Super Bowl appearance and three playoff seasons the last three years.

1 hour ago, kmnj said:

I STRONGLY disagree with the bolded -jet fans always overestimate the level of talent the team has-

On offense the team has two quality players-Breece and G Wilson that is it

QBS trash-we brought in a 40 year old QB and no viable back ups

The OL as you mentioned is trash

The Wrs outside of G wilson are all trash

The Rbs are all trash-carter and cook both released

Tight Ends are trash

then throw in a terrible OC and a terrible HC

our record under Joe and under Saleh is simply TERRIBLE-they should have been fired this year -Joe bought them time by bringing in Arod which was good for him but bad for the team.

If we had McVay at HC instead of Vin Diesel, even without AR, no doubt in my mind this team makes the playoffs this year.

The importance of a real HC can't be overstated and is key to unlocking talent and producing results in any team sport (except maybe baseball where the manager's #1 job is to fill out a lineup card and consult analytics alogrithms).

Relative to the rest of the league, this team unquestionably has talent.

Relative to the GMs who preceded him, it's obvious this team has improved it's talent base.

OROY and DROY in '22 doesn't hurt.

The #1 EDGE under late Tannenbaum / Macc / Idzik was Calvin freaking Pace.  The position was basically ignored.

14 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

What happens when we finish 3rd in the AFCE, even with Rogers because Miami and Buffalo are still better.

It’s tough to win in this league. They’ll have to look at the film and clean a few things up. 

At minimum, the entire world's population would have to be simultaneously eradicated, with by some miracle those within the Jets' facility being the only remaining survivors.

Then I could see it being considered as an outside possibility for them to be retained.

• Haha 1