Playoffs Gambling Thread

image.png.f55595104d5c56b3c9398731c0084afe.png

Today's lines:

Dallas -7 over Green Bay (O/U: 50.5)

Detroit -3 over Rams (O/U: 52.5)

I know Dallas is very good at home but I'm surprised they're favored by so many points.  This is a tough one.

I do like the Rams +3 over the Lions today though (and possibly even Rams ML).

I’m doing the one thing a gambler should never ever do- change their mind

yesterday I had rams upsetting the lions

i am changing and betting the lions minus the 3 and maybe parlay with the over

lots of smoke on the rams and tgat just concerns me

boys on the opener minus the 7

48 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Today's games are both tough.  I like both dogs and might also do a ML parlay on them.

My feeling is that Detroit has a ton of pressure on them and the home crowd might work against them in that regard.  McVay and Stafford are both veterans and champions.  That might give Stafford the edge on Goff.  I def think McVay has the advantage on Dan Campbell.  That's a big deal to me in a playoff game.

As far as Dallas/GB, I think GB is a very talented team.  Dallas being a 7 point favorite is very surprising to me.  Jordan Love had a really good year and I think both the coaching and QB matchups are close.

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Today's games are both tough.  I like both dogs and might also do a ML parlay on them.

My feeling is that Detroit has a ton of pressure on them and the home crowd might work against them in that regard.  McVay and Stafford are both veterans and champions.  That might give Stafford the edge on Goff.  I def think McVay has the advantage on Dan Campbell.  That's a big deal to me in a playoff game.

As far as Dallas/GB, I think GB is a very talented team.  Dallas being a 7 point favorite is very surprising to me.  Jordan Love had a really good year and I think both the coaching and QB matchups are close.

Best of luck

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Dallas defense is the difference... Love is going to get pressured all game

I did some fun bets, I’m think a shoot out to I took a 56 over, CD or Pollard to score a TD in the 1st quarter, Jake Ferguson to score first and both teams to score 2 TDS each half.  I like the Cowboys cover too.

1 hour ago, JustInFudge said:

I did some fun bets, I’m think a shoot out to I took a 56 over, CD or Pollard to score a TD in the 1st quarter, Jake Ferguson to score first and both teams to score 2 TDS each half.  I like the Cowboys cover too.

With you with ferguson

threw in Gallup anytime and Dallas defense td

5 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

image.png.f55595104d5c56b3c9398731c0084afe.png

Today's lines:

Dallas -7 over Green Bay (O/U: 50.5)

Detroit -3 over Rams (O/U: 52.5)

I know Dallas is very good at home but I'm surprised they're favored by so many points.  This is a tough one.

I do like the Rams +3 over the Lions today though (and possibly even Rams ML).

Yesterday was great. Cashed in on Houston ML, & Hou + 2.5.  Cashed in on Mia/KC under.

Today is much harder.  I like LAR +142 and LAR +3.  But far from ready to drop big bets on it like yesterday.  And the Rams are an obvious public dog and we know how those do.    I might try a teaser 

2 hours ago, Trotter said:

Public dog.  Rams.  Usually the kiss of death.  Still I got the LAR at +142 for 1/2 unit.  Also the +3.  Zippo on the early game. 

3 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

Sad Cartoon GIF

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Exploring the player parlay space. I don’t do much of this. Very new to it.

IMG_3735.jpeg

Good luck

when you look at the numbers you think this should not be too difficult 

Ends up 1 guy misses by 2 yards

i hope you hit it

• Upvote 1

Just now, Trotter said:

Good luck

when you look at the numbers you think this should not be too difficult 

Ends up 1 guy misses by 2 yards

i hope you hit it

Thanks, this has been the case the few times I’ve done this. I’ve got a few basic parlays on stats, but miss more than I hit.

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Pray tell, who would that be?

Got all 4 spreads wrong over the last 2 days. 

Lamb and Kyren not getting TDs killed any hope of hitting a parlay.

Out a whopping $20.

On line bookies are way more reasonable in the sense when you had a bookie over the phone 1. wasn't real big on parlays and 2. not keen on $10 bets. Anything under "10 times" ($50), either wouldn't take it or would not so jokingly suggest you were a pussie. Also the dread of calling up on Tuesday and asking how much you owe. And if he happened to make a mistake on the ledger sheet and give you some way bigger loser's open number on accident. "Oh, sorry , that's another guy". Thank God. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

44 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Got all 4 spreads wrong over the last 2 days. 

Lamb and Kyren not getting TDs killed any hope of hitting a parlay.

Out a whopping $20.

On line bookies are way more reasonable in the sense when you had a bookie over the phone 1. wasn't real big on parlays and 2. not keen on $10 bets. Anything under "10 times" ($50), either wouldn't take it or would not so jokingly suggest you were a pussie. Also the dread of calling up on Tuesday and asking how much you owe. And if he happened to make a mistake on the ledger sheet and give you some way bigger loser's open number on accident. "Oh, sorry , that's another guy". Thank God. 

lol wow. I never gambled with a real bookie, barely touch the online stuff now but this is a fascinating glimpse into that world. 

• Upvote 1

I don’t bet games, but the Chiefs feel like a lock to make it to the Super Bowl if sleazy Goodell has anything to do with it.

I’ve had an annual subscription for years to watch EPL (well worth it for me) so I never had to make a decision here, but…

As an NFL fan, I’d be more irate about what this portends for the refs and Chiefs bias than for having to cough up $6 to watch a game.

4 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I don’t bet games, but the Chiefs feel like a lock to make it to the Super Bowl if sleazy Goodell has anything to do with it.

I’ve had an annual subscription for years to watch EPL (well worth it for me) so I never had to make a decision here, but…

As an NFL fan, I’d be more irate about what this portends for the refs and Chiefs bias than for having to cough up $6 to watch a game.

Pt Barnum was a very smart man

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I’m retired

but in case I unretire I think the eagles get right for 1 game

im giving the points 

so anyone reading this, the bucs are a guarantee

I like the Bucs to win.

The Bucs are stout against the run, and the run game is still the foundation of what PHI tries to do offensively.

AJ Brown not playing is big.

On the other side, the Bucs strength is their WRs, and the Eagles D is an absolute open floodgate against the pass.

LOL Matt Patricia is calling plays defensively for the Eagles 🦅.

11 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I like the Bucs to win.

The Bucs are stout against the run, and the run game is still the foundation of what PHI tries to do offensively.

AJ Brown not playing is big.

On the other side, the Bucs strength is their WRs, and the Eagles D is an absolute open floodgate against the pass.

LOL Matt Patricia is calling plays defensively for the Eagles 🦅.

All valid points

i am thinking the 86 jets angle, Lose the last 5 win the first playoff game and then see you later

39 minutes ago, Trotter said:

I’m retired

but in case I unretire I think the eagles get right for 1 game

im giving the points 

so anyone reading this, the bucs are a guarantee

Retired as well.  I'm on the Buccs just like I was on the Rams. I hit on the spread but lost on the ML.  Still won 1/2 unit on the game.   I have a ML bet and a unit on TB +3.  I also just put a full unit on TB TT >20.5 at +105 on Caesars.   The Eagles defense is abysmal. TB should hit that TT over, I think.

I still have no bets on the Buffalo game.  I am clueless.

Went for the big over again for the higher payout at 56 points w/ the Rams vs. Lions, watched the first half and was like, ahhhh yeah, I got this and then...wtf happened!  How f'ing good is Vegas? lol  At least the Rams covered, so I'm still up on my playoff bets but I thought I was about to go big in the second game.

14 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Retired as well.  I'm on the Buccs just like I was on the Rams. I hit on the spread but lost on the ML.  Still won 1/2 unit on the game.   I have a ML bet and a unit on TB +3.  I also just put a full unit on TB TT >20.5 at +105 on Caesars.   The Eagles defense is abysmal. TB should hit that TT over, I think.

I still have no bets on the Buffalo game.  I am clueless.

First game will be only props for me

diggs anytime td is +150. A bit chalky but I think he finds the endzone against the steelers

if he gets the one I will live bet him for two

i like friermuth for Pitt but he hasn’t found the endzone for several weeks

21 minutes ago, Trotter said:

First game will be only props for me

diggs anytime td is +150. A bit chalky but I think he finds the endzone against the steelers

if he gets the one I will live bet him for two

i like friermuth for Pitt but he hasn’t found the endzone for several weeks

I see Freiermuth at +600, Pickens at +400 and D Johnson at +450.  (Pickens and Johnson are all over the place from +270 to +450...  shop it.  Freier seems +600 everywhere)  Those are all worthy odds IMO.  Definitely taking Pickens at +400.  Maybe add one or both of the others.  Of course, it's usually the Steelers RBs that ruin this. 

• Upvote 1