Would the Jets have made the playoffs if Rodgers never got hurt?

Would the Jets have made the playoffs if Rodgers never got hurt?   

105 members have voted

1. 1. Would the Jets have made the playoffs if Rodgers never got hurt?

Too many other variables.

What if Burrow never gets injured as well? How many extra wins, if any do the Colts have with Richardson? What if Lawrence doesn't get banged up for the last 5-6 weeks? There's another three AFC teams that can play the 'what if' game. 

One of Bengals/Colts/Jets/Jaguars could reasonably have got in instead of the Steelers as the 7 seed. But not sure those teams would have caught Cleveland (also missing a QB) and Miami. So those four teams are competing for one wild card spot. 

So yeah, maybe the Jets make the playoffs with Rodgers... as long as Burrow is out, Lawrence banged up, etc. 

I think so.  7 wins w/ 4 different QB's.  I think there are a few losses that would have been very different w/ him because the QB play was so bad the offense couldnt move the ball.   Namely; Pats, Raiders, Chargers, Falcons, Bills, Dolphins games.  I think they could flip 3 to 4 of those and then they were right there in the picture.

Absolutely. We were bad bc of QB play. Defense would’ve been no question the best unit if we had a O that kept them off the field.

And we easily would’ve been a WAY better offense with Rodgers. Not even close.

This is a good team when healthy.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Absolutely. We were bad bc of QB play. Defense would’ve been no question the best unit if we had a O that kept them off the field.

And we easily would’ve been a WAY better offense with Rodgers. Not even close.

This is a good team when healthy.

Exactly even with a "Washed Up Rogers who threw for 26 TDS and 12 int.......lol!  As compared to the horror show the QB room was after he went down........By the way i guess Mahomes is "Washed Up" too.......27 TD's and 14 INT this year.......;)

Is this question "If he didn't get hurt on the play he did?" or "if he didn't get hurt all season?

Even if he didn't get hurt on the play he did, I think he would've gotten hurt at some point during the season.  But if we're giving him some magic power to not have gotten hurt at all, then maybe we would've snuck into the playoffs.

Even without a career ending injury. Rodgers still gets banged up with this oline and it impacts his play.

We still take 10 games to figure out that breece is a good receiver and we still don't have good play designs.

• Haha 1

On 1/20/2024 at 1:29 AM, Beerfish said:

No we signed lazard to be #2 wr and gve him #2 wr money and term and one of the reasons corey davis checked out was he was being pushed out.

Cobb was our starting slot WR

Tim Boyle was on the team due to rodgers

Billy Turner was on the team due to rodgers

Dalvin cook was obtained due to rodgers

and most important of all the worst oc in the league was on the team due to rodgers.

A lot of people are totally buying what the jets front office and coaches wanted you to buy.  "It's not our fault rodgers got hurt we will be awesome when he gets back.

People are going to be in for a rude awakening next year I think.

Lazard wasn’t signed to play ahead of Davis. 
Cobb never started s our starting slot receiver. 
Boyle was brought in because he knew the offense, would be a helpful 3rd string QB

Billy Turner?  LOL

Proof that Cook was brought in for Rodgers?  Or that Rodgers wanted him? 

I'm hoping your definitive takes on Rodgers are as off base as your Quincey is slow and Quinnen sucks takes.  Please make it happen

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Lazard wasn’t signed to play ahead of Davis. 
Cobb never started s our starting slot receiver. 
Boyle was brought in because he knew the offense, would be a helpful 3rd string QB

Billy Turner?  LOL

Proof that Cook was brought in for Rodgers?  Or that Rodgers wanted him? 

I'm hoping your definitive takes on Rodgers are as off base as your Quincey is slow and Quinnen sucks takes. 

Thought you might enjoy this my friend…..

IMG_0403.jpeg

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Thought you might enjoy this my friend…..

IMG_0403.jpeg

LOL @ Uncle June.  
Just saw that it’s the 25th anniversary of the Sopranos.  

That seems so crazy.  Back during the Sopranos he was always at Jet games and sang the Star Spangled banner a couple of times. 

Thanks buddy

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I wonder what the excuses will be for Rodgers not making the playoffs next year.

I suspect it’ll be everyone’s fault but his.

Speaking from experience? 3 years of posts blaming everyone else for holding Zach Wilson back from just basic competence. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Speaking from experience? 3 years of posts blaming everyone else for holding Zach Wilson back from just basic competence. 

Completely untrue.  But if it makes you happy, good for you.

Even if true - doesn’t change the fact that Rodgers is the QB and the Jets are basically being held hostage next year.   Essentially the Jets are giving away two years.  Next year is a waste with Rodgers cause he’s shot -(then everyone gets fired) and they’ll have a rookie QB starting - so a new wasted year with a new HC and GM…

AND carry another $50mm of Rodgers contract on the books.

Even if true - doesn’t change the fact that Rodgers is the QB and the Jets are basically being held hostage next year.   Essentially the Jets are giving away two years.  Next year is a waste with Rodgers cause he’s shot -(then everyone gets fired) and they’ll have a rookie QB starting - so a new wasted year with a new HC and GM…
I blame Zach for being complete dog sh*t. If he showed even a hint of potential we wouldn't be in this position.
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I blame Zach for being complete dog sh*t. If he showed even a hint of potential we wouldn't be in this position.

Are you saying it’s Zach Wilson’s fault that Aaron Rodgers is old and finished…and our GM bid against himself to trade for him? And took on a massive contract the Packers were trying to dump?

It’s funny how you’re making my exact point.  You’re actually  blaming Zach Wilson for Rodgers sucking next year.

Wilson ended up not being the guy.  That doesn’t excuse Douglas for it’s lack of competency beyond that decision.

• Upvote 2

Are you saying it’s Zach Wilson’s fault that Aaron Rodgers is old and finished…and our GM bid against himself to trade for him? And took on a massive contract the Packers were trying to dump?
It’s funny how you’re making my exact point.  You’re actually  blaming Zach Wilson for Rodgers sucking next year.
Wilson ended up not being the guy.  That doesn’t excuse Douglas for it’s lack of competency beyond that decision.
I'm blaming Wilson for being so bad that the Jets needed to go and look for a replacement. And I'm not sure you can definitively say Rodgers is "finished" like you can definitively say that Wilson is utter garbage.
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bicketybam said:
10 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

I'm blaming Wilson for being so bad that the Jets needed to go and look for a replacement. And I'm not sure you can definitively say Rodgers is "finished" like you can definitively say that Wilson is utter garbage.

Yeah. I get it. Wilson busted, it happens.  But who are you blaming for Wilson being bad? And then compounding bad decisions?

Wilson for being alive?

Joe Douglas for drafting him?

Woody for hiring Joe Douglas?

As for Rodgers, I think it’s pretty clear he was shot two years ago (GB’s success this year continues to point in that direction) can’t imagine how much an additional decline it will be two years later coming off a serious ACL injury.