Too bad JC Latham is so big

Dude is a monster in the trenches but at 360 probably shouldn't be on the Jets board.  I'm told guys that big are 100% guaranteed to suffer major injuries.

Anyone else like his game?

No, he is on my do not want list.

Too big, RT only not overly impressive and in the biggest play of his college career he got 100% blown up and pushed back  into his QB on the two point convert in the college playoff and killed the play.....and he got hurt to boot.

However since the Jets like to pick players on my  'do not draft list'  (see Daron Lee and Christian Hackenburg) he will probably  be a jet.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Dude is a monster in the trenches but at 360 probably shouldn't be on the Jets board.  I'm told guys that big are 100% guaranteed to suffer major injuries.

DO NOT DRAFT !!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

No, he is on my do not want list.

Too big, RT only not overly impressive and in the biggest play of his college career he got 100% blown up and pushed back  into his QB on the two point convert in the college playoff and killed the play.....and he got hurt to boot.

However since the Jets like to pick players on my  'do not draft list'  (see Daron Lee and Christian Hackenburg) he will probably  be a jet.

fox technology GIF by Mental Samurai

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

Becton. They know each other well. IHop’s best customers. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, THE BARON said:

DO NOT DRAFT !!!!!!!!!

Has a Becton vibe. Suspect since he got as far as Alabama, he isn't a total moron . But like Becton huge guy who's main attribute is massive size pushing around defenders but isn't living in the gym nor a student of the game.  DO NOT DRAFT

• Upvote 3

20 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Has a Becton vibe. Suspect since he got as far as Alabama, he isn't a total moron . But like Becton huge guy who's main attribute is massive size pushing around defenders but isn't living in the gym nor a student of the game.  DO NOT DRAFT

His tape is night and day from what Becton's was.

Tons of true pass sets routinely giving the QB 4+ seconds to read the defense.

Becton was massive but was always going to need time to develop given the offense Louisville ran.  Becton was rarely required to sustain a block for more the a couple of seconds.

Latham is light years ahead of him.

8 minutes ago, AFJF said:

His tape is night and day from what Becton's was.

Tons of true pass sets routinely giving the QB 4+ seconds to read the defense.

Becton was massive but was always going to need time to develop given the offense Louisville ran.  Becton was rarely required to sustain a block for more the a couple of seconds.

Latham is light years ahead of him.

Again, that he is from Bama is a selling point; pro style offense, suggest he's coachable and can work within a structured program. It's hard to blame a player for injuries. May not be fair. Get the sense he's an injury waiting to happen.

I'm game.  Resign Becton and put Latham at RT.  My god, the Jets would have literal monsters on each end, it's like 13 feet and 700 lbs of men.  Throw in Tippy and his glorious hair in the middle - not sure how good they would be but they'd look bad ass at the LOS.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, JustInFudge said:

I'm game.  Resign Becton and put Latham at RT.  My god, the Jets would have literal monsters on each end, it's like 13 feet and 700 lbs of men.  Throw in Tippy and his glorious hair in the middle - not sure how good they would be but they'd look bad ass at the LOS.

Literally the exact conversation Joe D had with Bobby last night, 

Orlando Brown had the worst combine ever and he’s a good tackle.  Tunsil had the bong pic come out on draft day and he’s a great player 

let’s see what happens with the process 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Scotty Wooty Doo Doo said:

After that Michigan game , he should be off the board completely .

I remember that time teams were supposed to take Aiden Hutchinson off their board because he had a bad game.

Throwing out years of film because of a bad day will leave you with a blank board on draft day.