Former NFL GM Michael Lombardi DESTROYS New York Jets coach Robert Saleh!

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I always love the hyperbole behind all this stuff nowadays. Like 80 billion videos per day with titles like Roughneck OBLITERATES highbrow New Yorker in argument about snails and caught on camera! LOL SO EMBARRASSING

Then you click on it and it's just two people having a really dull and boring conversation.

Still got your click though!

6 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Having a Franchise QB actually isn’t enough, believe it or not, if your goal is to win a Super Bowl, although that’s what this fan base has been craving for Decades and can’t be blamed for.

Insane stat I heard the other day, out of All the Super Bowl winning teams, 80% of them had a QB that went to the Hall of Fame.  The remaining 20% had an All Time Defense.

No, it’s not, as there are always several teams with franchise QBs at the same time vying for championships.  You do need something else to separate you from those other teams.

But it does keep you in the hunt for a long time so that “80 %” number isn’t all that surprising.  With a FQB you get a 10+ year window to get a title and in the meantime you get to enjoy some home playoff games.

• Upvote 2

Lombardi might be one of the most tenured NFL "experts" with the least amount success.

His only success was when he jumped into the Patriots front office 10 years after their dynasty started.

The one time he held the keys to castle (Browns GM 2013) he built a 4-12 team and drafted Barkevous Mingo in the 1st round.

When it comes to his broadcasting/talking head career, he's a poor man's Skip Bayless, taking his opinions to outrageous levels for clout.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

My favorite part:

Lomardi - "What does Saleh do?  What do you give him credit for?"...

"well, he built the defense, developed a bunch of defensive players, look at some of UDFA's, etc."

Lombardi - "Yeah, well, that's Ulbrich"

"well, he hired Ulbrich"

Lombard - "well, again, right, your job is to the lead the team".

lmfao - so many of these talking head "journalist" are ******* morons.  Why does anyone care what they say?  lol 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Besides Belichick, I think most of that hates the other stuff is overplayed by the media and fans. 

Mangini was Belichick's best friend and went to the Jets. If someone thinks an opportunity is good for them and the money and power is right they'll take it.

Yeah, and it severed the relationship entirely and directly led to Spygate which is the real origin of a lot of Pats animus toward the Jets.

Vrabel was on those teams. I could be wrong, but I would imagine anyone associated with the 06-07 era Pats hates the Jets.

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

I feel like money in pro sports has gotten so absurd that once you land at the top and make 5-6 million a year, it’s easy to stop caring. If you asked me if Saleh has lost any sleep over the Jets or losing I’d say no. It’s why that Cimini question about not looking angry got under his skin so much. 

Sort of ironic considering that whole "Commanders", "Competitors" and "Survivors" speech, eh?

For a head coach, you kind of want a guy who's a "Commander" and not whatever Saleh is.

What's the category for guys who do nothing but spew slogans?

Remember when BS promised "multiple championships"?  🤣

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, bicketybam said:
6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:
Those are the people Woody hires.  He is simply not cut out for a competitive business.  Remember Chris kneeling with the players???  Fine, but jeez you have 3 wins.   They dont care about winning.  The NFL unfortunately pays well to lose. We are the Washington Generals in a Globetrotters sense.  

Woody didn't hire Saleh. Douglas did.

You believe Woody wasn't contacted?   I have a bridge to sell you. Name 1 good competent person Woody or his management team has made. I'll wait. Your defense of one of the worst 10 year runs in professional  sports ownership is numbing. 

17 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

You believe Woody wasn't contacted?   I have a bridge to sell you. Name 1 good competent person Woody or his management team has made. I'll wait. Your defense of one of the worst 10 year runs in professional  sports ownership is numbing. 

Best thing Woody ever did was hire Parcells.

And he should have never let Parcells talk him into letting BB out of his contract.

Kraft would have been forced to pivot to another HC, who knows if they end up with Brady or not, etc.

To answer your question, obviously the owner is going to have to sign off on anything as important as the head coaching hire.

10 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

And he should have never let Parcells talk him into letting BB out of his contract.

Kraft would have been forced to pivot to another HC, who knows if they end up with Brady or not, etc.

To answer your question, obviously the owner is going to have to sign off on anything as important as the head coaching hire.

Hess hired Parcells.  Parcells left after Hess passed.  He knew, as did Billicek.  

My defense? I'm just staying a fact. Relax.

Just now, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

My defense? I'm just staying a fact. Relax.

It’s an opinion.  You believe that Woody wasn’t consulted, you dont know that.  

It’s an opinion.  You believe that Woody wasn’t consulted, you dont know that.  
I didn't say he wasn't consulted. I said that Douglas picked him, as opposed to the owner/owner's brother who hired Gase. Of course Woody was in the loop but Douglas did the heavy lifting and recommended him. I'm not suggesting Woody told Douglas to go hire someone and surprise him once the contract was signed.

1)  I dislike Lombardi a great deal.

2) He has been right about a lot of things regarding jets over the years.

He was one of the very first people to kill the jets over taking Vernon Gholston.  His take was 110% correct on that player.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

He was one of the very first people to kill the jets over taking Vernon Gholston.  His take was 110% correct on that player.

Come on…. Gholsten was just not used properly. :)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I recently read that supposedly BB changed his mind after resigning as HC of the NYJ but Woody wasn't willing to let him back.  

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Right but hating on a team because you hate them and are a Pats knob slobber and that team also happening to suck don’t have to be linked.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Right but hating on a team because you hate them and are a Pats knob slobber and that team also happening to suck don’t have to be linked.

Doesn't matter, the jets are a bad org and he says that.  As I said I don't like the guy , I like it even less that he is right about the Jets pretty well all the time.

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Doesn't matter, the jets are a bad org and he says that.  As I said I don't like the guy , I like it even less that he is right about the Jets pretty well all the time.

Of course it matters. He’s a clown and a hack and his opinion is worthless. Every dipsh*t on Twitter can tweet about how the Jets suck it doesn’t make them worth listening to.

5 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Of course it matters. He’s a clown and a hack and his opinion is worthless. Every dipsh*t on Twitter can tweet about how the Jets suck it doesn’t make them worth listening to.

Are they right or wrong?  They are right.  I could care less if a guy is a bad guy or good guy, the 'good guys' are laughable homers most of the time.

See most of our youtuber guys, way overly optimistic and totally unrealistic.  Good guys but not real.

• Thumb Down 1