Will the Return of Aaron Rodgers be Enough to Lead the Jets to the Promised Land

8 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They intentionally kept the depth chart behind Zach weak.  The backups never “solved the problem” because they weren’t supposed to.  

And in every QB metric that matters (winning % really doesn’t in a team game), Zach was no better than the 4th best Jets QB who performed from 2021-23.  

Winning %.  Lulz.

All those games we won 10-7 with the defense playing lights out and Zach averaging 170 yards passing Wow.  Look out Marino

the ZW Justice Warriors will never quit

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

All those games we won 10-7 with the defense playing lights out and Zach averaging 170 yards passing Wow.  Look out Marino

the ZW Justice Warriors will never quit
I agree that Zach sucked ... Beyond that ... He was amongst the worst in the league ... However .. you HAVE to agree that he was also drafted into the sh*ttiest display of development in the history of the entire sports world.

Beyond that ... He was able to scrounge out a few wins.

He is terrible ... But so is the coaching staff.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Post of the Week 1

29 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I agree that Zach sucked ... Beyond that ... He was amongst the worst in the league ... However .. you HAVE to agree that he was also drafted into the sh*ttiest display of development in the history of the entire sports world.

MLF was fine dude.  He did his best to simplify the game for him.  Shouldn’t have started week 1 2021 but then again, if you’re the # 2 pick, you ought to be pro-ready out of the box.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

A lot of y'all underestimating what adding a 4 time MVP QB who literally helped build the offensive scheme is going to do. We are the dragon.

helmetweird.thumb.jpg.f76cd0801d5869b3728eced1c6fb451f.jpg

Rodgers vs Woody Johnson basically.  Can he overcome the worst owner in pro sports?  Maybe.  

• Haha 1

MLF was fine dude.  He did his best to simplify the game for him.  Shouldn’t have started week 1 2021 but then again, if you’re the # 2 pick, you ought to be pro-ready out of the box.
I agree #2 should be ready to go .. failure by the scouting dept and JD. What was the kid gonna say ? .. wait 10 spots then pick me ?

6 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach Wilson sucks and is the main reason we sucked the 3 long years he has been here.  Yes, he was not the only problem but he by himself was a large problem 

As I repeat, he he sucks and was terrible, our record was worse with the other 4 QBs other than him.

"Zach Wilson is the biggest problem with this team!"   Four other QBs have a worse combined record with this team and were no better.

The Zach Wilson was the only problem feeling lets a LOT of people and players totally off the hook and totally plays into narrative that all we need is pro bowl Rodgers and we are going to be a super bowl contender.

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

As I repeat, he he sucks and was terrible, our record was worse with the other 4 QBs other than him.
"Zach Wilson is the biggest problem with this team!"   Four other QBs have a worse combined record with this team and were no better.
The Zach Wilson was the only problem feeling lets a LOT of people and players totally off the hook and totally plays into narrative that all we need is pro bowl Rodgers and we are going to be a super bowl contender.
Seimian had a better record than Wilson last season.

Stop making sense Mon Ami.

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2024 at 12:00 PM, Jets and Redskins said:

Rodgers should help a ton.We should win 9 to 13 games. The oline needs players, but it should improve with the addition of Rodgers with his control over the offense.

We should be a playoff team you never know what can happen in playoofs. I would have to think if Rodgers is just average we should still be better then last year. Last year offense most games was unwatchable.

How fast will he be injured? 

13 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Zach had the best supporting cast over the stretch of his games. The most Olinemen were healthy wenn he got his wins. The comparision is just not legit

• Post of the Week 1

14 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Zach Wilson was worse than 3 other QBs from 2021-23 in nearly every metric.  

How many times does this need to be said before you acknowledge it, ya Canadian hardhead?

• Haha 2

On 2/18/2024 at 1:15 PM, Dunnie said:

Zach’s contract will run out after next season.  He will get a third string gig with a better run franchise and still suck balls

On 2/18/2024 at 5:22 PM, Beerfish said:

The 4 other QBs were also garbage.  That in no way vindicates Zach.  I cannot wait to see Zach stink it up in Denver or SF a couple years from now so his fanboys can finally stop

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

The 4 other QBs were also garbage.  That in no way vindicates Zach.  I cannot wait to see Zach stink it up in Denver or SF a couple years from now so his fanboys can finally stop

What i find amusing is that its not the fanboys keeping his ghost and name alive ... its the anti-zaxxers ... they live in mortal fear of a return and will go to great lengths to proclaim their point of view. For the most part guys that hoped he would figure it out have moved on.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Almost to a person the people that were also blaming wilson for 100% of the issues all were calling on White, Flacco, Siemian, Boyle, in essence anybody but zach, the team sucked with all of them at QB.  Once you get to about 5 QBs you have to think there is something wrong other than just the lousy QB.

In any case he is history and Rodgers is back so the base line for wins next year should be about 11 by all accounts.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Almost to a person the people that were also blaming wilson for 100% of the issues all were calling on White, Flacco, Siemian, Boyle, in essence anybody but zach, the team sucked with all of them at QB.  Once you get to about 5 QBs you have to think there is something wrong other than just the lousy QB.

In any case he is history and Rodgers is back so the base line for wins next year should be about 11 by all accounts.

They have sacrificed everything for Rodgets. Anything less than an AFC championship game appearance is an abject failure, and you won’t recognize this team/ organization this time next year.

On 2/18/2024 at 11:22 AM, Beerfish said:

In 2021, Mike White, Joe Flacco, Josh Johnson, all produced materially better as QB's.  Did they won more, no not really, they won about the same, 3-10 for Zach (.230) and a collective 1-3 (.250) for the others.

In 2022, Mike White & Joe Flacco again produced materially better as QB's.  They won less, in part because by the time White played the season was over and White was hurt (yet again).  5-4 for Zach started games, 2-6 for Flacco early on/White at the end (1-3 ea.).  

In 2023, Seimian and Boyle produced worse as QB's.  And won a bit more.  Zach was 5-7.  The rest were 2-3.

But before we get into "Zach wasn;t the problem" lets look at these other QB's.

Flacco is/was an old man long past his prime, took few risks, and compiled passing stats.  

White was an injury prone NFL #3 QB.

Josh Johnson was a PS-tier guy.

Seimian was basically out of the league and a career backup mostly.

Boyle never belonged in the NFL in the first place.

This is not a "replace bad QB with a known good QB and we played the same".

We replaced the #2 overall pick with a handful of mostly C-tier or D-tier guys, and those C and D guys produced better and won (on the whole) about as much as Zach.  That doesn't say much about the C and D tier guys, who produced like C and D tier guys, but it says a ton about Zach.

Until we see an actual, decent, pro-level QB who isn't flirting with dead-last-in-the-NFL level production, it's sorta hard to make ANY definitive claims in re: the system or offensive coaches.  I too think they likely suck, to be clear, but I would like to see a Jets team led by an actual NFL QB for once and see how it plays out.  If Rodgers stays healthy, and is 32nd in the NFL this year, that certainly would say alot.

Using W/L as a QB barometer is ludicrous. You think the opponent has anything to do with it? And that's just one of many factors that contribute to W/L. I will say it that Boyle was definitely worse than Wilson and I don't see how anyone could debate that.

16 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The fact we didn’t win multiple super bowls with a 5th round journeyman, a 40 year old statue, a 7th round skinny Vinny from Northwestern who has an arm that makes Chad look like he had a cannon and a guy from UCONN who doesn’t even belong on a practice squad in no way vindicates Zach

14 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Using W/L as a QB barometer is ludicrous. You think the opponent has anything to do with it? And that's just one of many factors that contribute to W/L. I will say it that Boyle was definitely worse than Wilson and I don't see how anyone could debate that.

Boyle shouldn’t even be in the CFL let alone NFL

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Its amazing that there is just another drama ridden tweet that comes out right before free agency.  I mean cmon, not only do players not want to play for this offensive staff but, practice habits and leaking offensive game plans.  Can't wait to see what we get.  This also confirms for me that they have to continue to build through the draft.

• Post of the Week 1

On 2/20/2024 at 4:29 PM, Beerfish said:

White, Flacco and Simian are all better players than Zach

• Upvote 1