Will the Return of Aaron Rodgers be Enough to Lead the Jets to the Promised Land

On 2/13/2024 at 9:50 AM, Arsis said:

What's the under/over on how many games he starts?

On 2/13/2024 at 9:51 AM, The Crusher said:

*plays

Too funny that the record books currently have him down as 1-0 as QB of the Jets all because he merely started game 1.  

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2024 at 11:30 AM, August said:

We need a legit number 2 receiver. Lazard as a 3 is fine. We need a legit number 2 back, Izzy I’m not sure about. We need Offensive Line depth, move off of Uzomah and get Ruckert more snaps. 

Agree…

Get a vet under 30.. the guys I think would fit the bill are on 1 or 2 yr deal.

Zach Moss

Josh Kelley

Antonio Gibson

wait for it…

AJ Dillion   (Kidding) kinda, not really.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Next year is going to be one of the ugliest seasons we've seen in a long time.

• Rodgers won't go down with the ship quietly,
  • Saleh will have to find someone else to point the finger at, we know he'll never take responsibility. 
  • Douglas won't Hogan to blame anymore.
  • Woody will be going on a PR mission to protect himself and blame management and the HC.
  • Players like Hall, G-Wills and Sauce will be leaking about trade demands.
  • The freedom of the media to go after guys that are, at that point, a lock to be gone.
  • All the still disillusioned fans that think Rodgers will save this dumpster will realize the reality.

It's going to get ugly and likely pretty quickly.

I see you will be sitting at the doubling down table with @Beerfish come Halloween.

2 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

• Saleh will have to find someone else to point the finger at, we know he'll never take responsibility. 
  • Woody will be going on a PR mission to protect himself and blame management and the HC.
  • The freedom of the media to go after guys that are, at that point, a lock to be gone.
  • All the still disillusioned fans that think Rodgers will save this dumpster will realize the reality.

So, in other words, business as usual?🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

How mad are you going to be when it becomes obvious that Zach Wilson was a 2 ton anchor on the entire team?

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2024 at 10:12 AM, playtowinthegame said:

Draft Penix because Rodgers is washed. 

If we're drafting a QB, there should be nothing wishy-washy about it.  Trade up and go get your guy (right now I'm thinking Jayden Daniels is who we want).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

What makes people think that a 40 year old QB, with a torn Achilles is going to be good enough to first of overcome the injury, and that we are better than Buffalo or Miami even with Rogers?

I keep saying it we will be 3rd in the AFCE in 2024, it will be peak Jets. 

Because he's healthy and his arm is rested. Rodgers is my sleeper MVP for 24

2 minutes ago, 83Kelly2Allen18 said:

Because he's healthy and his arm is rested. Rodgers is my sleeper MVP for 24

If this happens (and it could), @Pac is the guy who called it first. 

#RevengeTour24

The only problem is that Woody would probably extend Saleh and we'll be stuck with him for the years after AR8 retires.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

#RevengeTour24

The only problem is that Woody would probably extend Saleh and we'll be stuck with him for the years after AR8 retires.

I'm not really worried about Douglas/Saleh. They've enough character and eye for talent to be fine as long as they have a good QB. 

I'm not in the fire Saleh camp at all. Dude has had the worst QB play in NFL history 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

How mad are you going to be when it becomes obvious that Zach Wilson was a 2 ton anchor on the entire team?

Zach was absolutely a big part of the problem.  I recognized I was wrong.  But there are still plenty other problems and 41 year old Aaron Rodgers isn't the answer.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

57 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

#RevengeTour24

We have become the most unlikely tag team in the history of JN and I'm here for it.

#RevengeTour24

Animated GIF

• Post of the Week 1

So you are one of the guys that won't admit that Saleh needed a HOF QB to win games if the team breaks 10?

Both Saleh and Zach can suck.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

So you are one of the guys that won't admit that Saleh needed a HOF QB to win games if the team breaks 10?

Both Saleh and Zach can suck.

Who's coaching this team to more than 7 wins last season? No one has answered that. However, I can name a bunch of QB's that would have gotten us more than 7.

I think Saleh did his best to put on a happy face and accept Wilson as the QB. Any coach in his position would have wanted Wilson benched long before he actually was. It had to be torture for Saleh to watch Zach trip over his dick week in and week out. He should have given him the BB treatment.
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Last three years:

Zach Wilson .382 winning %

Four QBs not named Zach Wilson .294 winning %

Wilson stinks and is gone but this thought that all this teams ills are on him is a fallacy not supported by any data at all.

People were pleading for Mike White, Joe Flacco, Tim Freaking Boyle and Trevor Siemian becasue Zach Wilson was the problem and none of them did anything to suggest he was the entire problem.

As I said in another thread, lucky for Rodgers he was out this year and all of his buddies were exposed as utter dog players because he is going to have a much better offensive supporting cast next year.

• Upvote 1

Last three years:
Wilson stinks and is gone but this thought that all this teams ills are on him is a fallacy not supported by any data at all.
People were pleading for Mike White, Joe Flacco, Tim Freaking Boyle and Trevor Siemian becasue Zach Wilson was the problem and none of them did anything to suggest he was the entire problem.
As I said in another thread, lucky for Rodgers he was out this year and all of his buddies were exposed as utter dog players because he is going to have a much better offensive supporting cast next year.

He was the worst rated passer in the league his first two years and he was almost it this past season. Wilson may not be the entire problem but I could go with 80% of it. It's hard to win in the NFL with that caliber of QB play. That's why I thought 14 win the last two years was borderline miraculous.
  • Post of the Week 1

55 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

He was the worst rated passer in the league his first two years and he was almost it this past season. Wilson may not be the entire problem but I could go with 80% of it. It's hard to win in the NFL with that caliber of QB play. That's why I thought 14 win the last two years was borderline miraculous.

He is terrible and he is gone.  We won less with the 4 other guys we tried.

If people say we will be far better with a much better QB like Rodgers!  Fine I agree.

But the thought is always it is all on the terrible wilson, it isn't.

• Upvote 1

If people say we will be far better with a much better QB like Rodgers!  Fine I agree.
Just most of it is on him. Glad we can agree!

45 minutes ago, varjet said:

The smart GMs will be offering the Jets their first round picks below 10 in exchange from the Jets 2025 1st round pick.

The Jets' 2025 first round pick will be VERY high.  Woody cannot let JD try and hock it.  

You’re not invited to the division round advancement parade.

Last three years:
It's possible and if that is the case ... The sole aspect of this team that needs adjusting is the QB position.... No need for any sort of OL or WR upgrades ... No need for any Safety upgrades.... Status quo to the Super Bowl ... And yet .... That is not what is happening.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Just most of it is on him. Glad we can agree!

No becasue the other 4 qbs we tried all sucked as well and all lost.

He is a bad QB and will soon be dumped but the same people that put it all on him were the ones that seemed to think that any of the other guys I listed would upgrade our great team, all of them failed.

Wilson sucks but the coach and gm actually made this team a fair bit worse last year to appease rodgers.

Hopefully they have learned their lesson.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Last three years:

They intentionally kept the depth chart behind Zach weak.  The backups never “solved the problem” because they weren’t supposed to.  

And in every QB metric that matters (winning % really doesn’t in a team game), Zach was no better than the 4th best Jets QB who performed from 2021-23.  

Winning %.  Lulz.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

What makes people think that a 40 year old QB, with a torn Achilles is going to be good enough to first of overcome the injury, and that we are better than Buffalo or Miami even with Rogers?

I keep saying it we will be 3rd in the AFCE in 2024, it will be peak Jets. 

you know the achilles is healed now, right? just checking.

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

It's possible and if that is the case ... The sole aspect of this team that needs adjusting is the QB position.... No need for any sort of OL or WR upgrades ... No need for any Safety upgrades.... Status quo to the Super Bowl ... And yet .... That is not what is happening.

No reasonable person is arguing we don’t have other problems.  We’re only saying that by far the # 1 problem with the org the last 3 years outside of awful ownership was burning a # 2 overall pick on a mega bust and then forcing him under center even when it was clear he sucked sh*t.  

And the forcing Zach under center deal of course points right back to the owner.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

The Qb could improve the line. I could see it being better with Rodgers back there. He will be better getting ball out and with coverages then Wilson

I think we probably still need better lineman and another Wr.  I think even if we are better next year with a diffrent Qb, the oline and Wr are just not talented enough.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Last three years:

Zach Wilson sucks and is the main reason we sucked the 3 long years he has been here.  Yes, he was not the only problem but he by himself was a large problem 

• Upvote 1