Will the Return of Aaron Rodgers be Enough to Lead the Jets to the Promised Land

Rodgers should help a ton.We should win 9 to 13 games. The oline needs players, but it should improve with the addition of Rodgers with his control over the offense.

We should be a playoff team you never know what can happen in playoofs. I would have to think if Rodgers is just average we should still be better then last year. Last year offense most games was unwatchable.

20 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

The main question every Jet fan should ask themselves about 2024, is how many additional wins will the following 3 conditions result in:

1. A Jump in Quarterback play from 32 to 10.

2. A bottom third line elevated to middle of the pack based on FA additions and a league average year of injuries + Rodgers calling the shots.

3. The defense holding serve, they don’t have to remain top 5 but stay in the top 10.

look at the Jets losses this year and project what the record would’ve been applying the factors above. Yes we get it, it’s cool to do the crying “Jets Suck” Shtick. But seriously the path is there to compete. 

What part of those changes makes the Jest not lead the league in penalties while also not having a single person in the organization held accountable for any of it?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, August said:

Draft a tackle and bring back Becton. Izzy seems average at best to me but maybe I’m wrong. Quarterback depends on how things play out. Do they bring in a Tyrod Taylor then draft a young guy to develop? Or do they trade for a Sam Howell? 

Taylor is better back up. Howell could be used as a bridge Qb or potentially a replacement for Rodgers at some point.

Both Qb depending on cost would be great backup Qb. Either one would fit the bill.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

With Rodgers returning and Woody basically admitting we will be signing a vet backup, I'd say there is a very low chance of us drafting a QB this year.

However, once round 4 kicks in and there is a prospect who we love that falls to us then I think there's a chance. But I wouldn't bet on it.

I think if they trade and get another day 2 pick it’s more possible.  Not if they only have 1 pick in round 1 and 1 in the 3rd. 

2 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

What part of those changes makes the Jest not lead the league in penalties while also not having a single person in the organization held accountable for any of it?

In 2022 the Jets had the 9th fewest penalties. So where is the evidence this is an annual problem for the Jets? More likely it was the result of having 7 million different personnel changes coupled with the frustration of the season being flushed after 4 plays. 

• Haha 1

getting to the superbowl and winning it takes more than just a good team and good play.  lots of times in the past, the two best teams were not even in the super bowl.  there is some luck and then there is the officiating to worry about.  the ball can bounce funny and the officials can blow it big time.

that being said, I *GUARANTEE* with my reputation, that the Jets will be in the playoffs this coming season *IF* rodgers does not miss any significant amount of playing time.

it is a guarantee...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, ChrebetOverKeyshawn said:

In 2022 the Jets had the 9th fewest penalties. So where is the evidence this is an annual problem for the Jets? More likely it was the result of having 7 million different personnel changes coupled with the frustration of the season being flushed after 4 plays. 

Oh they sucked because they were frustrated. I certainly feel better now, even if not one player or coach was held accountable. Looking forward to good vibes next year so things can get cleaned up magically on their own.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JetPotato said:

Oh they sucked because they were frustrated. I certainly feel better now, even if not one player or coach was held accountable. Looking forward to good vibes next year so things can get cleaned up magically on their own.

The Jets led the league in false starts. They also led the league in offensive line combinations. Like I said, putting the “Jets Suck” schtick aside, surely we can see a relation between those points? 

• WTF? 1
  • More Ugh 1

I am struggling to move on from choosing to pursue Aaron Rodger’s when Lamar Jackson could have been had. How can you trust Jets leadership after that. Years of failure support this view. There are bigger problems than just Aaron Rodger’s….

To respond to the thread though Pat Mahimes just won his second SB with rookie receivers. All Aaron did with the same was complain in GB until they had enough of him. I don’t have any faith in Aaron Rodgers.

• Post of the Week 1

42 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

......I certainly feel better now......

I'm getting a distinct feeling that there is nothing that could possibly happen this offseason that will make you feel better about the Jets.

Anyway, given your previous comments about your objections to people giving "tacit support" of Woody by buying a hat, I have to presume you're boycotting the Jets in 2024 as long as Woody is still the Owner anyway.  You certainly wouldn't want to give tacit support by watching his product, thus helping provide his most meaningful and important revenue stream, the TV money.

I actually do think they can make the playoffs with a healthy Rodgers but at that point, what team do we actually match up with where we have the advantage at Head Coach.  If watching the Super Bowl showed us anything the other night it was how coaching makes such a difference.  We arent even in the same league matchup wise with these teams due to the coaching drop off.  

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

Right it won't be a nightmare in 2024....but it will propel a Saleh contract extension....and once Rodgers retires we'll be back to the 5-7 win a year campaign + "each game is a race to 20, let my D win it for us" mentality. That is a nightmare long term. 

It's not like they have any better ideas 

Firing Saleh means Hackett gets to be hc probably 

3 minutes ago, bitonti said:

It's not like they have any better ideas 

Firing Saleh means Hackett gets to be hc probably 

Noooo and I don't think Hackett ever would want to be a head coach again. Ultimately, Douglas/Saleh/Rodgers are joined at the hip and will be together until Rodgers retires.

My fear is we make the playoffs in 2024 + 2025, get bumped in the wild card both rounds --> Rodgers retires --> Douglas/Saleh/Hackett get extensions.

55 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I'm getting a distinct feeling that there is nothing that could possibly happen this offseason that will make you feel better about the Jets.

Anyway, given your previous comments about your objections to people giving "tacit support" of Woody by buying a hat, I have to presume you're boycotting the Jets in 2024 as long as Woody is still the Owner anyway.  You certainly wouldn't want to give tacit support by watching his product, thus helping provide his most meaningful and important revenue stream, the TV money.

There's one thing that would make me feel good about this offseason, but we're not allowed to talk about that.

I don't pay a cent to watch network TV (but even if one does, the thing about the games is that they are actual point of football, unlike the clothes). I won't be buying tickets, parking or food. The last thing on my list ever would be fresh merchandise to match up with the latest Woody trend. I don't see a need. The uniforms will change again in 5 years and we'll still be waiting for a playoff game. Maybe I'll just skip this iteration of the shade of green they're selling.

1 minute ago, JetPotato said:

There's one thing that would make me feel good about this offseason, but we're not allowed to talk about that.

Woody dying?  Are we still on the "some of us deeply hope Woody dies" thing?

I don't pay a cent to watch network TV and I won't be buying tickets, parking or food.

What you pay out of pocket to watch is irrelevant.  You're still consuming the product, and more, the advertising providing the revenue stream for that product.  The act of simply watching is inherently a part of the basis for the various TV contracts the NFL awards, and that revenue funds the teams, including the Jets, and hence, Woody. 

The last thing on my list ever would be fresh merchandise to match up with the latest Woody trend. I don't see a need. The uniforms will change again in 5 years and we'll still be waiting for a playoff game. Maybe I'll just skip this iteration of the shade of green they're selling.

If that pleases you, then 👍

16 hours ago, Mike Smith said:

I am struggling to move on from choosing to pursue Aaron Rodger’s when Lamar Jackson could have been had. How can you trust Jets leadership after that. Years of failure support this view. There are bigger problems than just Aaron Rodger’s….

To respond to the thread though Pat Mahimes just won his second SB with rookie receivers. All Aaron did with the same was complain in GB until they had enough of him. I don’t have any faith in Aaron Rodgers.

Lamar Jackson was never realistically available, I thought this was common knowledge by now. Jets got the best QB available at the time. 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, August said:

We need a legit number 2 receiver. Lazard as a 5 is fine. We need a legit number 2 back, Izzy I’m not sure about. We need Offensive Line depth, move off of Uzomah and get Ruckert more snaps. 

Fixed it

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Mike Smith said:

this is a true longshot but any chance you are mike smith the hall of fame jockey?

On 2/13/2024 at 6:53 PM, Mike Smith said:

Jackson was never truly available 

Obviously just Rodgers coming back healthy won't do that much for this team on its own. 

The thing is that this Jet team has a very good defense. 

The other other thing is that Hackett is terrible WITHOUT Rodgers but is probably the perfect lackey OC FOR Rodgers, allowing Rodgers to take full control of the offense and make it that much better. 

Finally, we haven't really see what this offense can do with a healthy o-line. Forget about 'upgraded' o-line. But just healthy for any substantial mount of time. 

So with Rodgers as our QB, Hackett no longer being NEARLY as much of a hinderance, a very good defense, and a healthy (and assumingly upgraded) o-line, I don't see why this team can't make the playoffs and be a dark horse to get into the AFCCG or even the SB.

It just depends. Call me optimistic. It just depends on the health of this team, how this offense develops with Rodgers behind center and what FA  moves JD can make to bolster the o-line and offense. The defense will be there. The defense will keep us in games as it did all season and all of last season. The defense will be key in the playoffs, if we get in.