The Tony Pauline article is here! Come on in! JD not a big dog. Saleh still sux. Hogan the leaker.

5 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Yeah this is my biggest fear too, Saleh + Hackett getting carried to an extension due to Rodgers but we never win a Super Bowl and then are stuck with Saleh + Hackett for a few more seasons AFTER Rodgers.

I hear you but if you ran 1000 simulations of the 2024 season, i think the odds are that Rodgers misses a lot of games, maybe even retires after the season.  They don’t make the playoffs, whichever scrub backup qb they sign can’t get them to the playoffs, saleh is fired, douglas is retained and they look at qbs again in a weak 2025 class.  

Yeah this is my biggest fear too, Saleh + Hackett getting carried to an extension due to Rodgers but we never win a Super Bowl and then are stuck with Saleh + Hackett for a few more seasons AFTER Rodgers.
If both those guys get carried to extensions then that means we have at least made the playoffs. You can't compete for a championship if you don't make the dance so at this point I'll take it.

Saleh gets a ton of hate because he is the next man up. Not a single person on this forum can answer the question of who would have coached us to more wins the last 2 seasons given the circumstances Saleh had to deal with. I've asked repeatedly. So now that Wilson is all but gone (except in Matt's mind) the sheeple turn to Saleh. I still want to see what he can do with competent QB play because the guy has never had that as a HC. I'm not saying he good but I'm not ready to say he's bad.
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I hear you but if you ran 1000 simulations of the 2024 season, i think the odds are that Rodgers misses a lot of games, maybe even retires after the season.  They don’t make the playoffs, whichever scrub backup qb they sign can’t get them to the playoffs, saleh is fired, douglas is retained and they look at qbs again in a weak 2025 class.  

His motivation + ego + spite + competitiveness + potential earnings will not allow him to retire after 2024. The only possible way I can see him retiring is if by miracle they actually won the Super Bowl and even then I'd think he'd come back in 2025. He's here for 2 years and maybe 3.

His effort to come back from the achilles injury before the season...for what seemingly was due to his desire to just prove people wrong as fast as possible is evidence enough to this point. He'll want to prove that he, like Brady could prove people wrong and play well into 40s and not break down at that 40-year old mark. 

You add the fact that he is in a situation for the first time in his career where the organization is actually treating him like a king / part-owner and he's not giving this up anytime soon. If 2024 crashes and burns, Aaron Rodgers will be back and will be picking our next head coach.

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

His motivation + ego + spite + competitiveness + potential earnings will not allow him to retire after 2024. The only possible way I can see him retiring is if by miracle they actually won the Super Bowl and even then I'd think he'd come back in 2025. He's here for 2 years and maybe 3.

His effort to come back from the achilles injury before the season...for what seemingly was due to his desire to just prove people wrong as fast as possible is evidence enough to this point. He'll want to prove that he, like Brady could prove people wrong and play well into 40s and not break down at that 40-year old mark. 

You add the fact that he is in a situation for the first time in his career where the organization is actually treating him like a king / part-owner and he's not giving this up anytime soon. If 2024 crashes and burns, Aaron Rodgers will be back and will be picking our next head coach.

40 is the new 20. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I think he may retire b/c his body finally breaks down and it’s apparent he can’t do it anymore.  It’s a possibility.  It’s also a possibility that he plays 14 games and his play has dropped off to the point where you’re getting a qb who is more like tannehill than classic rodgers and here you have a healthy qb who you would prefer retired anyway.  Either way, it just seems unlikely that rodgers plays the majority of the games, he plays very well and they make the playoffs and saleh stays. 

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

If both those guys get carried to extensions then that means we have at least made the playoffs. You can't compete for a championship if you don't make the dance so at this point I'll take it.

Saleh gets a ton of hate because he is the next man up. Not a single person on this forum can answer the question of who would have coached us to more wins the last 2 seasons given the circumstances Saleh had to deal with. I've asked repeatedly. So now that Wilson is all but gone (except in Matt's mind) the sheeple turn to Saleh. I still want to see what he can do with competent QB play because the guy has never had that as a HC. I'm not saying he good but I'm not ready to say he's bad.

Wins are clearly the most important indicator of a successful coach. However, it certainly is not the only one. I was a big fan of his hire honestly as I thought we were getting something, well a lot different than what we got. I hope he turns it around, learns, grows, whatever it is he's gotta do. I'd much rather us NOT have to find another head coach. I just don't have the faith right now.

• He has shown no ability to hire any good offensive coaches, including coordinators and position coaches
  • His teams are routinely undisciplined with an extreme number of penalties
  • His teams are routinely unprepared and the blowout losses are staggering : 18 double digit losses during his tenure....18!
  • He's the head coach but clearly has zero oversight of the offense
  • He is an excuse maker more concerned about media reputation and job security than figuring out how to wi. 
  • Post of the Week 2

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

I think he may retire b/c his body finally breaks down and it’s apparent he can’t do it anymore.  It’s a possibility.  It’s also a possibility that he plays 14 games and his play has dropped off to the point where you’re getting a qb who is more like tannehill than classic rodgers and here you have a healthy qb who you would prefer retired anyway.  Either way, it just seems unlikely that rodgers plays the majority of the games, he plays very well and they make the playoffs and saleh stays. 

All possibilities yeah. I think that Rodgers plays well (not superstar great) and will be here for 2 or 3 years.

All possibilities yeah. I think that Rodgers plays well (not superstar great) and will be here for 2 or 3 years.

If he has 2 good years left in him where he can stay relatively healthy that’s great.  Those are big ifs though.  They’re 2-2 and then he gets hurt and misses 2 games, and they lose those games with the backup qb, and then they go back to 6-6 and then Rogers misses 2 more games and they lose those games, this whole qb thing is flawed.  Given how last year imploded, we’re all very curious to see how they address backup qb bc not only does it impact the 2024 season’s playoff chances, but there’s lots of jobs on the line now. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

If he has 2 good years left in him where he can stay relatively healthy that’s great.  Those are big ifs though.  They’re 2-2 and then he gets hurt and misses 2 games, and they lose those games with the backup qb, and then they go back to 6-6 and then Rogers misses 2 more games and they lose those games, this whole qb thing is flawed.  Given how last year imploded, we’re all very curious to see how they address backup qb bc not only does it impact the 2024 season’s playoff chances, but there’s lots of jobs on the line now. 

The Sam Howell situation is actually intriguing in the sense that I can actually see the Jets trading a 4th or 5th Round pick for a QB with starting experience on a rookie deal costing them around $1 million.....instead of paying $8-10 million for a free agent backup with starting experience.

Since they are in win-now mode they can use that cost savings for a starting OL in free agency vs. drafting a backup developmental player with that draft pick. I don't know if this is exactly is what is going to happen and specifically for Sam Howell I am not sure why Washington would even think of trading him considering his starter experience + low cost deal....but they could be looking at other players on a rookie deal to trade for instead of spending big $ in free agency for a backup.

The Sam Howell situation is actually intriguing in the sense that I can actually see the Jets trading a 4th or 5th Round pick for a QB with starting experience on a rookie deal costing them around $1 million.....instead of paying $8-10 million for a free agent backup with starting experience.

Since they are in win-now mode they can use that cost savings for a starting OL in free agency vs. drafting a backup developmental player with that draft pick. I don't know if this is exactly is what is going to happen and specifically for Sam Howell I am not sure why Washington would even think of trading him considering his starter experience + low cost deal....but they could be looking at other players on a rookie deal to trade for instead of spending big $ in free agency for a backup.

From the jets perspective it makes a lot of sense but not from Washington’s.  In a league where it’s hard to find decent qbs, why would washington deal Howell when they’re drafting a rookie who may get hurt or have some struggles and then they can just throw Howell in there and not have the situation the jets are in.  I just don’t see teams trading the jets their young decent backup qbs.  You have to draft those, which is why I’m so in favor of drafting pratt.  Those guys are hard to get, but you can get a safety or linebacker anywhere. 

Just now, Augustiniak said:

From the jets perspective it makes a lot of sense but not from Washington’s.  In a league where it’s hard to find decent qbs, why would washington deal Howell when they’re drafting a rookie who may get hurt or have some struggles and then they can just throw Howell in there and not have the situation the jets are in.  I just don’t see teams trading the jets their young decent backup qbs.  You have to draft those, which is why I’m so in favor of drafting pratt.  Those guys are hard to get, but you can get a safety or linebacker anywhere. 

Yeah it would be pretty stupid of Washington to do this but there is apparently some smoke to this, so who knows. Most likely event is the Jets paying a lot for Brissett which I'd be happy with, but would love for us to draft a QB to develop too.

• Upvote 1

• He has shown no ability to hire any good offensive coaches, including coordinators and position coaches
  • His teams are routinely undisciplined with an extreme number of penalties
  • His teams are routinely unprepared and the blowout losses are staggering : 18 double digit losses during his tenure....18!
  • He's the head coach but clearly has zero oversight of the offense
  • He is an excuse maker more concerned about media reputation and job security than figuring out how to wi. 

I think Ulbrich is a very good coordinator. The book is out on MLF since he had dog doodie to work with while he was here. Hackett was hired to entice Rodgers. I can't say that's a Saleh hire.

I think the penalty aspect is overblown. You'd like to see him sit the repeat offenders, especially on the OL, but who was he bringing in to replace them??

Half the double digit losses happened during year 1 when his roster was absolute trash. The guy inherited a 2 win team and a bust of a rookie QB.

Fair point about the his offensive oversight but that's what you sign up for when you hire a defensive minded HC.

The last point is more opinion than anything. He's certainly not a BB and he does defend his players to a fault. He needs to change that for sure.

Look, I'm not ready to say he's good but I think he should get a chance to coach a team that isn't running out CFL level QB's. It's hard to run an offense when the field general is more like the mess hall cook.

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I think Ulbrich is a very good coordinator. The book is out on MLF since he had dog doodie to work with while he was here. Hackett was hired to entice Rodgers. I can't say that's a Saleh hire.

I think the penalty aspect is overblown. You'd like to see him sit the repeat offenders, especially on the OL, but who was he bringing in to replace them??

Half the double digit losses happened during year 1 when his roster was absolute trash. The guy inherited a 2 win team and a bust of a rookie QB.

Fair point about the his offensive oversight but that's what you sign up for when you hire a defensive minded HC.

The last point is more opinion than anything. He's certainly not a BB and he does defend his players to a fault. He needs to change that for sure.

Look, I'm not ready to say he's good but I think he should get a chance to coach a team that isn't running out CFL level QB's. It's hard to run an offense when the field general is more like the mess hall cook.

I will be the happiest person to be proven wrong in the history of people who have been proven if Saleh turns out to be a stud head coach. I am rooting for the guy, not against him.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I will be the happiest person to be proven wrong in the history of people who have been proven if Saleh turns out to be a stud head coach. I am rooting for the guy, not against him.
I believe you. And in my opinion I don't see him turning into a stud HC unless he stumbled upon the next Tom Brady like BB did.

Just now, bicketybam said:
4 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

I believe you. And in my opinion I don't see him turning into a stud HC unless he stumbled upon the next Tom Brady like BB did.

This is the guy....just waiting to come turn this joke franchise around...

200.gif?cid=82a1493b0yavxz1l4a3wnfhiom1o

On 2/17/2024 at 9:02 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

Like - why is Keith Carter still employed?  I’m sure he came up in those exit interviews with players complaining, no?

Regarding Carter; I just find it humorous that everyone here hates him because he’s a hard-ass, yet they also hate Saleh because he’s everyone’s friend.

This Sam Howell talk is just bizarre.  We hate zach wilson and he is not good enough to do anything as a backup so we want to go out and get a zach wilson type of QB.  Howell stinks.

I could see the jets doing such a thing becasue they are flat out stupid.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This Sam Howell talk is just bizarre.  We hate zach wilson and he is not good enough to do anything as a backup so we want to go out and get a zach wilson type of QB.  Howell stinks.

The backup QB is going to be just like any FA we hoodwink to come here… whomever AR wants. If that’s not obvious by now, then I don’t know what else to say.

19 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Then Howell they find a backup QB????? HAHAAHA GET IT!!!!!!:93@,

kendnexjejdnfbeixndmkexneidndhojreieuxnx

• Upvote 1

Wilson has 23 TD passes in 3 years. Howell had 21 TD passes last year. Yes, same guy

200.gif?cid=82a1493b0yavxz1l4a3wnfhiom1o5tn75ti4mdk7gw39b2hb&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g
I think he's highly overrated and apparently so does the other teams that were in need of a HC for the upcoming year. I'm not sure when this guy turned into Vince Lombardi.

1 hour ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Regarding Carter; I just find it humorous that everyone here hates him because he’s a hard-ass, yet they also hate Saleh because he’s everyone’s friend.

They're the 2 ends of bad extremes.  You can't be everyone's friend and you also can't act like a raging version of Belichick without the track record of success.

If Saleh and Carter were winners they could behave like they do.  They aren't so they can't.  Carter's lines tend to be mediocre at best historically. They each need to move a standard deviation or 2 towards the middle like everybody else.

2 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

He'll want to prove that he, like Brady could prove people wrong and play well into 40s and not break down at that 40-year old mark. 

Yeah well what we want and what actually happens are often two different outcomes 

The dude is done it doesn't matter what he wants 

Vrabel is quality.
So much better than fraud Bobby Slogans.
Funny how the Chargers, Commanders, Falcons, Panthers, Patriots (who he has ties to), Seahawks, Raiders and obviously the Titans all took a pass on Vrabel aka the next Vince Lombardi. Just wow.

Yeah well what we want and what actually happens are often two different outcomes 
Funny how a supposedly washed up Rodgers will be better than any QB we've had in the last 20 years. I'm open to bets as long as we use an intermediary.

17 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:
200.gif?cid=82a1493b0yavxz1l4a3wnfhiom1o5tn75ti4mdk7gw39b2hb&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200.gif&ct=g

I think he's highly overrated and apparently so does the other teams that were in need of a HC for the upcoming year. I'm not sure when this guy turned into Vince Lombardi.

Not saying he's a legend or anything but you know if you hire Vrabel that you're getting a legitimate quality HC with his head screwed on straight.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:
8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Funny how a supposedly washed up Rodgers will be better than any QB we've had in the last 20 years. I'm open to bets as long as we use an intermediary.

The highest paid player in franchise history shouldn't be held to such a low standard

I am always open to bets but I'm not going to bet thar Aaron Rodgers is better than Luke falk

It would be more like is Aaron rodgers in the top 15 nfl qbs and will he play 17 games 

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Adoni Beast said:

2023 Points Scored, Points Allowed

Jets  268  355

Titans  305  367

With inferior defensive talent and a rookie QB, Vrabel's team gave up a grand total of 12 more points than Saleh's all-world D.

And scored 37 more points with Levis, who showed flashes but was statistically awful, withered Derrick Henry and over the hill Deandre as his "weapons".

Vrabel has shown an ability to squeeze production and results out of sub-optimal situations. 

That is always the sign of a good coach, regardless of sport (e.g. Spoelstra).

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

7 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
15 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:
Vrabel is quality.
So much better than fraud Bobby Slogans.

Funny how the Chargers, Commanders, Falcons, Panthers, Patriots (who he has ties to), Seahawks, Raiders and obviously the Titans all took a pass on Vrabel aka the next Vince Lombardi. Just wow.

Funny how you interpret "quality" as being equivalent to "the next Lombardi".

There is no such thing as "the next" whoever.

Has Robert Saleh even had a .500 season?

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Not saying he's a legend or anything but you know if you hire Vrabel that you're getting a legitimate quality HC with his head screwed on straight.  

All the talk about why the Jets would want vrabel no one bothered to ask if vrabel (or any known hc) wants the Jets 

Besides the fact that vrabel is a patriot for life and probably hates this team on a personal level... 

The Aaron Rodgers contract is a deterrent as is Joe Douglas as gm. Who knows what kind of short term deals jd will pull to try to save his job 

Any real hc would want arod and JD to clear out before taking on this mess 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Based on what? The last two seasons he had a worse record than Saleh. He's always had one of the best running backs in the game. Tell me. How many games do the Jets win the last two years if he's the head coach. I'm all ears.

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

2023 Points Scored, Points Allowed

Jets  268  355

Titans  305  367

With inferior defensive talent and a rookie QB, Vrabel's team gave up a grand total of 12 more points than Saleh's all-world D.

And scored 37 more points with Levis, who showed flashes but was statistically awful, withered Derrick Henry and over the hill Deandre as his "weapons".

Vrabel has shown an ability to squeeze production and results out of sub-optimal situations. 

That is always the sign of a good coach, regardless of sport (e.g. Spoelstra).

Bingo

• Upvote 1