The Tony Pauline article is here! Come on in! JD not a big dog. Saleh still sux. Hogan the leaker.

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

As fans were invested in the results.  The results say hapless idiot.  

On 2/18/2024 at 2:20 PM, Green Ghost said:

I don’t think you understand the meaning of the term “hapless idiot”, but that’s neither here nor there. I’ll try to better explain what I said…

He’s the owner. It’s HIS team. He gets to decide how involved he wants to be in decisions regarding it. 

You’re the fan. You get to give his team your time and/or money, and you get to root for his team and complain about it. That’s it.

Think of the Jets as a factory you work at. Woody owns the business and he’s making money hand over fist. You contribute very little to the bottom line and can easily be replaced. You do get to complain about your plight over the lunch table though, so at least you have that.

Think of JetNation as your lunch table in the factory. 😉

All the talk about why the Jets would want vrabel no one bothered to ask if vrabel (or any known hc) wants the Jets 
Besides the fact that vrabel is a patriot for life and probably hates this team on a personal level... 
The Aaron Rodgers contract is a deterrent as is Joe Douglas as gm. Who knows what kind of short term deals jd will pull to try to save his job 
Any real hc would want arod and JD to clear out before taking on this mess 
So what the excuse for the other 6 teams?

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Saleh is as good as the qb he has.  

You could say this about any HC pretty much, but I think it's more nuanced than that.

A mediocre head coach can obviously win games with a good QB, but he probably won't win it all, which is always the only goal that really matters in the end.

14 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Vrabel is quality.

So much better than fraud Bobby Slogans.

what makes him quality? Rob Saleh is a defensive coach who fielded a top defense that he built from scratch.  I am not seeing these great defensive teams in Tennessee under Vrabel. You could argue Titans have been a better all around team, but he inherited Henry and that OL just like Rex did. BTW Titans were 27th and 28th in offense last 2 years. 

i am not saying he is a bad coach, but he is so overrated....which is why he is unemployed. 

• Sympathy 1

Funny how you interpret "quality" as being equivalent to "the next Lombardi".
There is no such thing as "the next" whoever.
Has Robert Saleh even had a .500 season?
Vrabel would have done no better than Saleh with Zach Wilson as his QB. You want to argue that, be my guest. This should be good.

And I've always wondered by you picked JoeNamathsFurCoat as a name. Personally I would have went with JoeNamathsBoozeBreath
  • Thumb Down 1

The highest paid player in franchise history shouldn't be held to such a low standard
I am always open to bets but I'm not going to bet thar Aaron Rodgers is better than Luke falk
It would be more like is Aaron rodgers in the top 15 nfl qbs and will he play 17 games 

You throwing in the "he plays 17 games" stipulation tells me all I need to know. There are others reason besides injury as to why he wouldn't play 17 games.

How about top 10 QB with a minimum of 13 games?

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

All the talk about why the Jets would want vrabel no one bothered to ask if vrabel (or any known hc) wants the Jets 

Besides the fact that vrabel is a patriot for life and probably hates this team on a personal level... 

The Aaron Rodgers contract is a deterrent as is Joe Douglas as gm. Who knows what kind of short term deals jd will pull to try to save his job 

Agreed with all points. 

If a HC allowed himself to be stuck in a situation that he didn't want, I wouldn't want that guy to be hired in the first place.  

58 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:
Not saying he's a legend or anything but you know if you hire Vrabel that you're getting a legitimate quality HC with his head screwed on straight.  

Based on what? The last two seasons he had a worse record than Saleh. He's always had one of the best running backs in the game. Tell me. How many games do the Jets win the last two years if he's the head coach. I'm all ears.

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

I think Ulbrich is a very good coordinator. The book is out on MLF since he had dog doodie to work with while he was here. Hackett was hired to entice Rodgers. I can't say that's a Saleh hire.

I think the penalty aspect is overblown. You'd like to see him sit the repeat offenders, especially on the OL, but who was he bringing in to replace them??

Half the double digit losses happened during year 1 when his roster was absolute trash. The guy inherited a 2 win team and a bust of a rookie QB.

Fair point about the his offensive oversight but that's what you sign up for when you hire a defensive minded HC.

The last point is more opinion than anything. He's certainly not a BB and he does defend his players to a fault. He needs to change that for sure.

Look, I'm not ready to say he's good but I think he should get a chance to coach a team that isn't running out CFL level QB's. It's hard to run an offense when the field general is more like the mess hall cook.

I will give credit where it's due; the fact that Saleh has won 14 games the last two years with such horrific QB play is actually pretty impressive. 

Like everyone else, the penalties have been super aggravating to me. And while Saleh dismissing them pissed me off, even that can be attributed to the QB. The team has a championship caliber defense, an excellent RB, and a really talented young WR. It must extremely frustrating for guys to play their hearts out each week, only to constantly be held back by Zach Wilson. That frustration leads to guys pressing in hopes of providing a spark, which eventually leads to penalties.

I'm not apologizing for Saleh, but the guy has gotten a raw deal here. Zach has been an albatross to the team and Saleh's head coaching career.

That said, he should be at the combine. I'm not happy that he's skipping it. It's a bad look.

• Sympathy 1

I will give credit where it's due; the fact that Saleh has won 14 games the last two years with such horrific QB play is actually pretty impressive. 
Like everyone else, the penalties have been super aggravating to me. And while Saleh dismissing them pissed me off, even that can be attributed to the QB. The team has a championship caliber defense, an excellent RB, and a really talented young WR. It must extremely frustrating for guys to play their hearts out each week, only to constantly be held back by Zach Wilson. That frustration leads to guys pressing in hopes of providing a spark, which eventually leads to penalties.
I'm not apologizing for Saleh, but the guy has gotten a raw deal here. Zach has been an albatross to the team and Saleh's head coaching career.
That said, he should be at the combine. I'm not happy that he's skipping it. It's a bad look.
That's a reasonable take unlike the guys who have destroyed Zach Wilson the past 3 years all of a sudden forgetting how badly he impacted the team. Suddenly it's all Saleh's fault. That's why I have a hard time taking any of them seriously. They just want to be mad.
  • Upvote 1

It would be very very expensive for the Jets to keep AR8 for 2025.  Their only choice would be to make him a June 1 cut and spread the loss, or to get him to retire.  His cap hit for 2025 would be like $60mm.  I don’t see them paying that.  2025 is not guaranteed.  Unless AR8 looks phenomenal this year, I think the Jets move on after 2024.

I do think there is a secret plan to bring Vrabel in at some point.   

If the jets can get Howell for a 4th and dump Wilson’s $5.5mm salary, that is a $4mm positive swing and a better player.  Seems so great to be impossible. 

1 hour ago, bicketybam said:

Vrabel would have done no better than Saleh with Zach Wilson as his QB. You want to argue that, be my guest. This should be good.

And I've always wondered by you picked JoeNamathsFurCoat as a name. Personally I would have went with JoeNamathsBoozeBreath

Vrabel would have done better with Wilson as his QB. 

Examples for reference:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2023/12/12/titans-mike-vrabel-surprising-wins/71888442007/

But also would not have allowed him to continue to be the QB for as long as he has. Vrabel is not a passive coach and makes his feelings felt about roster personnel. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, varjet said:

It would be very very expensive for the Jets to keep AR8 for 2025.  Their only choice would be to make him a June 1 cut and spread the loss, or to get him to retire.  His cap hit for 2025 would be like $60mm.  I don’t see them paying that.  2025 is not guaranteed.  Unless AR8 looks phenomenal this year, I think the Jets move on after 2024.

I do think there is a secret plan to bring Vrabel in at some point.   

If the jets can get Howell for a 4th and dump Wilson’s $5.5mm salary, that is a $4mm positive swing and a better player.  Seems so great to be impossible. 

While I would love for this to be the case, I think it's purely wishful thinking.

2 hours ago, bicketybam said:

Wilson has 23 TD passes in 3 years. Howell had 21 TD passes last year. Yes, same guy emoji28.png

His 4 tds vs 12 interceptions over his last 6 games, where they scored less than 21 points in 5 of 6 of those games makes one just feel warm with anticipation how he can do with hackett as oc and throwing to lazard.

He will surely solve the QB 2 conundrum

Vrabel would have done better with Wilson as his QB. 
Examples for reference:
https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2023/12/12/titans-mike-vrabel-surprising-wins/71888442007/
But also would not have allowed him to continue to be the QB for as long as he has. Vrabel is not a passive coach and makes his feelings felt about roster personnel. 
If he wouldn't have allowed it he would have been fired or he would have quit. To think he would have gotten more out of Wilson, especially as a defensive head coach, is ludicrous.

His 4 tds vs 12 interceptions over his last 6 games, where they scored less than 21 points in 5 of 6 of those games makes one just feel warm with anticipation how he can do with hackett as oc and throwing to lazard.
He will surely solve the QB 2 conundrum
Hey, I was just comparing him to the great Zach Wilson. If you want to say Wilson is better than have at it.

On 2/16/2024 at 12:12 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

He is 100% the main reason. This whole giving JD special powers and finally having a coach report to the GM was all bullsh*t. However, it is NO excuse for turds like JD and Saleh. They are huge parts of the problem and have shown enough to be moved on from.

Will the Jets find anyone better with idiot Woody? Probably not but they have to try at this point and see if some coach/GM tandem can win in spite of him and his meddling. The Jets were very good overall for the 2000s so it is possible. I don’t understand the last 14 years at all. No break in the atrocities besides 2015. 

There is a reason Woody hires first gig guys.  They don't have the wear withal to speak their mind.

Their money is guaranteed, which is the mind boggling part.  Speak your mind.  You are hired to do the job, and part of that job is drawing a line in the sand with Owners.

Is that being done to some extent, who knows, but the put an Andy Reid in, or Bill Belicheck, the owner would get bitch slapped if need be.

Funny how a supposedly washed up Rodgers will be better than any QB we've had in the last 20 years. I'm open to bets as long as we use an intermediary.
Wait till you see him scramble on that Achilles .... What are the odds he lands on IR by week 8.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Wait till you see him scramble on that Achilles .... What are the odds he lands on IR by week 8.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I have no idea. That last guy was young but still brittle. He Hasn't played a full season so far and most likely will be will never get the chance to again.

On 2/23/2024 at 8:13 PM, bicketybam said:
On 2/23/2024 at 7:45 PM, sourceworx said:

That's a reasonable take unlike the guys who have destroyed Zach Wilson the past 3 years all of a sudden forgetting how badly he impacted the team. Suddenly it's all Saleh's fault. That's why I have a hard time taking any of them seriously. They just want to be mad.

Zach will be starting games for us next season.  This is the most dysfunctional franchise in sports 

As long as Jets fans and the sports media continue to focus on the food fights instead of who is in charge of the cafeteria, nothing will change.  

We have cycled through countless head coaches and too many GMs.  We have drafted many QBs with mostly disappointing results.  The constant through it all has been Woody Johnson.  He has hired them all (directly or indirectly).  If he weren’t the owner he would have been fired YEARS AGO.   woody Johnson presides over the longest current playoff drought in American sports.  There are no super  Bowl trophies or Super Bowl appearances on his watch.  But the franchise is among the league leaders  in dysfunction.  

Bottom line: until the fans turn their ire towards where it belongs-on the person who continues to hire and fire the people-nothing substantive will change.