Aaron Rodgers

7 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

The Jets sucking is not on the fans.  This fanbase has endured multiple decade+ forays in the desert and still shows up every week (and every offseason, on the internet) for this team.  The fans are allowed to feel however they want.

The Jets sucking is not on Rodgers.  Rodgers is one of the greatest football players to ever live.  He is also a self-obsessed 40 year old douchebag who alienated himself from his family, has no real friends, and has embedded himself like a tick amongst the worst people society has to offer. He's hard to like. He's also the highest paid player in Jets history and coming off a crippling injury that casts serious doubt on his ability to perform at 50% of his peak ever again.  But Rodgers didn't trade himself to the Jets.

The Jets sucking is on the clown owner and the clown brigade he has once again chosen to run the franchise.  Until he's gone (he'll never be -- the team is too profitable and his teenage son, who by all appearances will be even worse, is waiting in the wings), or until he accidentally picks the right people to run the team, it will be more of the same.

Rodgers did trade himself to the Jets.  He also hired Hackett, signed Lazzard, Cobb and Cook and made sure we didn't sign a competent backup because Zach reminded him of his child hood dog who licked his face. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, nj meadowlands said:

This is not true. Rodgers threw himself at the Jets, but Woody took him back to his hotel room.

Apparently LSD can make you think a broken down NFL QB is a 14 year old Asian hooker. 

58 minutes ago, nj meadowlands said:

Rodgers is one of the greatest football players to ever live.  He is also a self-obsessed 40 year old douchebag who alienated himself from his family, has no real friends, and has embedded himself like a tick amongst the worst people society has to offer. He's hard to like.

He is also sometimes voted by his peers as being the most inspirational teammate as he was this past season. He must have payed them off!... lol

He is also sometimes voted by his peers as being the most inspirational teammate as he was this past season. He must have payed them off!... lol
Well he lied about something that is very near and dear to some people. You really don't have to look much past that for the reasons he is hated by certain folks. He's also mistakenly assumed to be part of a certain group that he actually isn't a part of. But hey, he did get into an argument with that comedian who used to do black face.
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
1 hour ago, Jetkwondo said:

Well he lied about something that is very near and dear to some people. You really don't have to look much past that for the reasons he is hated by certain folks. He's also mistakenly assumed to be part of a certain group that he actually isn't a part of. But hey, he did get into an argument with that comedian who used to do black face.

He is friends with Joe Rogan. Who hosts a podcast. People say words on his podcast. I can look past that as long as he throws touchdowns. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

He is friends with Joe Rogan. Who hosts a podcast. People say words on his podcast. I can look past that as long as he throws touchdowns. 

As long as he has no ties to JetBlue or conspiring billionaires.  Or lives/spends time in Utah.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
46 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Apparently there are many that can't.

Actually I can very easily both root for him to throw 90 touchdowns and think that all of his opinions are ******* stupid lol

• Upvote 4

25 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
55 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Apparently there are many that can't.

Why is it hard to believe there are football/Jets related reasons not to be enamored with the guy?

I can guarantee you if he plays at an All Pro level next year nobody on this board will give a sh*t that he's an anti-vaxer.

4 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Why is it hard to believe there are football/Jets related reasons not to be enamored with the guy?

I can guarantee you if he plays at an All Pro level next year nobody on this board will give a sh*t that he's an anti-vaxer.

Of course there are. He’s old, frail and coming off an injury. Him having some roster control is better than Woody making the final decisions though. If he wants to save the whales with Bobby Kennedy have it- just win games. 

• Upvote 1

If you say so

42 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

If he gets polio before the first playoff game this place will go bat sh*t. 

• Haha 3

Do you not believe there are legitimate football reasons to be skeptical of Rodgers on the field in 2024 or do you not believe that Jets fans only care about what he does on the field? 
I think there are people that didn't want him because of non-football related issue and will now take any opportunity to rag on the guy. Of course there are concerns because if his age. But based on what I saw on Hard Knocks and how he looked in practices, I don't think he's washed. Do I expect him to play like his MVP years? No. But I expect him to put up a passer rating of around 100 and be the best QB we've had since pre-injury Favre.
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
55 minutes ago, slimjasi said:
Do you not believe there are legitimate football reasons to be skeptical of Rodgers on the field in 2024 or do you not believe that Jets fans only care about what he does on the field? 

I think there are people that didn't want him because of non-football related issue and will now take any opportunity to rag on the guy. Of course there are concerns because if his age. But based on what I saw on Hard Knocks and how he looked in practices, I don't think he's washed. Do I expect him to play like his MVP years? No. But I expect him to put up a passer rating of around 100 and be the best QB we've had since pre-injury Favre.

People definitely pile on because of political stuff, but if he has a 100 QB rating next year, very few of us are going to be focusing on his politics. 

I didn’t like the way he looked on the 3 pass attempts he had before his injury. He looked gun shy. I’m hoping he was just nervous for his first drive as a Jet, but it didn’t leave me feeling overly inspired. 

• Upvote 1

People definitely pile on because of political stuff, but if he has a 100 QB rating next year, very few of us are going to be focusing on his politics. 

I didn’t like the way he looked on the 3 pass attempts he had before his injury. He looked gun shy. I’m hoping he was just nervous for his first drive as a Jet, but it didn’t leave me feeling overly inspired. 
Yeah, I'm not going to put too much stock into 3 pass attempts! I mean if he completed 2 of them for 18 yards would you think he was ready for an MVP season?
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Yeah, I'm not going to put too much stock into 3 pass attempts! I mean if he completed 2 of them for 18 yards would you think he was ready for an MVP season? emoji28.png

No, but notice that I didn't focus on whether he completed the 3 passes or not. Obviously, extrapolating completion % from 3 passes would  be foolish. 

Instead, I simply commented that he didn't look good - he looked old to me. It's subjective. Hopefully, he erases all doubts next season. 

• Upvote 1

He's a narcissistic ego-maniac who conflates critical theory with intelligence and has no problem expressing his very strong opinions about everything.

He's also the best football player this organization has ever had, and one of the most exciting players on the field anytime he steps on it. He's an incredible leader who leads by example.

Do I wish we had him 5 years ago? Sure. Still, he single-handedly brings me more excitement and gives me more hope than I've had the past decade+, and that's even at 41 coming off the injury. Don't care at all what he does outside of being QB for the Jets. 

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:
15 minutes ago, Biggs said:
Jets offense with Rodgers.  Hand off to Breece Hall 26 yards first down.  Deep pass incomplete, short pass incomplete, sacked for minus 10 yards, punt.   QBR 39.  

I'm sure that's what you're hoping for. #sad

I want us to draft a QB who's the next great NFL QB.  The Packers unloaded him for a reason.  He's cooked.  The sooner the Jets realize that the sooner we can get back to rebuilding the right way.

12 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

well if he was supposedly ready to go 3rd week in December if we made the playoffs, it was pretty damn fast.

I'm not really impressed by all the "supposedly"s, or him standing around flat-footed doing soft toss in pregame warmups, or him pushing to play, or even him being cleared to play. He didn't play. He got hurt, everyone said he was out for the season, and...he was out for the season. 

• Upvote 1

I want us to draft a QB who's the next great NFL QB.  The Packers unloaded him for a reason.  He's cooked.  The sooner the Jets realize that the sooner we can get back to rebuilding the right way.

Who doesn't want the Jets to draft a Mahomes, Stroud, Herbert, Allen, etc.?

I read almost every post and I don't recall you being a Zach supporter. After 2022 it was apparent he was pretty much a bust. So what did you want the Jets to do last year? Run him back as the starter again? Draft Will Levis? We weren't in a position to draft a top rated prospect. So they went with Rodgers, obviously a guy you have a deep seeded hate for.

The Jets aren't in a position to draft a top QB prospect this year either but I hope they take a chance on a second tier guy that ends up panning out. But the Jets have taken 3 shots at drafting a QB in the top 10 the last 20 years. How did that work out? The right way. Got it.

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Who doesn't want the Jets to draft a Mahomes, Stroud, Herbert, Allen, etc.?

I read almost every post and I don't recall you being a Zach supporter. After 2022 it was apparent he was pretty much a bust. So what did you want the Jets to do last year? Run him back as the starter again? Draft Will Levis? We weren't in a position to draft a top rated prospect. So they went with Rodgers, obviously a guy you have a deep seeded hate for.

The Jets aren't in a position to draft a top QB prospect this year either but I hope they take a chance on a second tier guy that ends up panning out. But the Jets have taken 3 shots at drafting a QB in the top 10 the last 20 years. How did that work out? The right way. Got it.

I loved Zach because we drafted him.  I love almost every Jets draft pick until the reality of what they are set in.   The Jets certainly are in position to draft a top QB this year.  I wouldn't necessarily allow JD and Saleh to be able to identify one but they will be available.  There was a lot we could have done to get a short term upgrade for last year without mortgaging 3 years for a former HOF QB.   Rodger Staubach was a free agent.

1 hour ago, dbatesman said:

I'm not really impressed by all the "supposedly"s, or him standing around flat-footed doing soft toss in pregame warmups, or him pushing to play, or even him being cleared to play. He didn't play. He got hurt, everyone said he was out for the season, and...he was out for the season. 

cant really debate any of those points but I think he's in pretty damn good shape and if we make the right moves this team will have a really good QB at the helm. Last year was a total bust lets hope this year we dont have to deal with any freak bullsh*t injuries and that Idiot Woody and the other Idiot Mara  finally change that turf to natural grass . We had 3 Achilles injuries last year (not sure if all were at Metlife) to really good players we cant contend if that sh*t keeps happening

44 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

cant really debate any of those points but I think he's in pretty damn good shape and if we make the right moves this team will have a really good QB at the helm. Last year was a total bust lets hope this year we dont have to deal with any freak bullsh*t injuries and that Idiot Woody and the other Idiot Mara  finally change that turf to natural grass . We had 3 Achilles injuries last year (not sure if all were at Metlife) to really good players we cant contend if that sh*t keeps happening

I hope you're right, although I am more pessimistic than you on Rodgers. I think we may get some movement on the turf, even if it took a bunch of soccer ponces to do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

I'm almost done with this team.  The owner is a political hack who is bringing his own brand of fake news BS in.
PS: I fully expect this post the be deleted.....one more reason. 
81517427-13107323-Aaron_Rodgers_was_pictured_hiking_with_fellow_anti_vaxxer_Robert-a-26_1708491119374.jpg
[mention=6402]Biggs[/mention] [mention=5980]The Crusher[/mention] How did this slip by the Political Post Police?

3 hours ago, bicketybam said:

[mention=6402]Biggs[/mention] [mention=5980]The Crusher[/mention] How did this slip by the Political Post Police? emoji28.png

His Achilles does appear to be in great shape, a nice reminder posted in a NY Post's sports article! 

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

They weren't - AVT's was in Denver (on grass)