My Offseason Plan - with numbers

42 minutes ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Damn that WR room is ASS, we already have a drop machine in Lazard why trade a pick for another?

Diontae Johnson had 2 drops all year last season? Significantly less than any of the Jets WR.

• Upvote 3

Some very nice work, working this all though, some moves I really like others not so much.

I'll start with the cuts and restructuring, cuts I approve of but as I've stated against popular opinion in the past, I am totally against restructuring CJ Mosely.  I'd ask him to take an out right pay cut and if he says no I cut him.   He is not getting anywhere close to what he is getting on the free market, his impact as an ilb that makes tackles is far less than most people project and he is easily replaced.

I like the Jets players you have resigned that were FAs. 

I've never been a fan of Diontae Johnson but a 4th rounder would be a a cheap get price for him.

I like the Risner and Peat signings but dislike the Bakhtiari, at this point Bakhtiari is a totally chronic situation.   It is not as if he is just getting unlucky with injury's, his knees are shot.  Not worth it and I'd be surprised if he signed for that cheap amount.

I like Antonio Gibson as a player but I'd rather go after more of a banger back to compliment the guys we have.

I am fine with Minshew as the backup signing. 

Not a fan of the Tonyan signing but that may come more from me being 100% sick of getting ex packers to make rodgers happy.

I mostly like the draft but I want to 100% double dip at WR.   Replace the edge pick or the cb pick with a WR and I am much happier.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Some very nice work, working this all though, some moves I really like others not so much.

I'll start with the cuts and restructuring, cuts I approve of but as I've stated against popular opinion in the past, I am totally against restructuring CJ Mosely.  I'd ask him to take an out right pay cut and if he says no I cut him.   He is not getting anywhere close to what he is getting on the free market, his impact as an ilb that makes tackles is far less than most people project and he is easily replaced.

I've never been a fan of Diontae Johnson but a 4th rounder would be a a cheap get price for him.

I like the Risner and Peat signings but dislike the Bakhtiari, at this point Bakhtiari is a totally chronic situation.   It is not as if he is just getting unlucky with injury's, his knees are shot.  Not worth it and I'd be surprised if he signed for that cheap amount.

I like Antonio Gibson as a player but I'd rather go after more of a banger back to compliment the guys we have.

Not a fan of the Tonyan signing but that may come more from me being 100% sick of getting ex packers to make rodgers happy.

I mostly like the draft but I want to 100% double dip at WR.   Replace the edge pick or the cb pick with a WR and I am much happier.

None of these players are perfect really, but the plan represents good value and alot of new blood.  Bakhtiari is also very cheap as modeled (likely would need incentive that would count as cap space in 2025, because playing time incentives are "unlikely to be earned."

My guess is, based on QBs, and like WRs, ascending round 1,  prior history and my gut, Fuaga is not a pick at 10.  Maybe there is a shot for the Jets to trade down and add another player not requiring an expense, so we can have more than $40K of cap space.  

Look at it this way:  In the Becton draft, Becton went before Wirfs, who went before CD Lamb, who went before Justin Jefferson.  Guys like Quentin Nelson, Ryan Kelly, David Decastro and AVT went in the middle of the first round of other drafts.   People are now saying that JJ is worth multiple first round draft picks.   What is CD worth?  What are those OL worth?  WRs are going higher now.  QBs should go lower because so many bust-that is what happened to Will Levis. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Diontae Johnson had 2 drops all year last season? Significantly less than any of the Jets WR.

Diontae Johnson is under rated but he's pretty similar to garrett wilson. For a 4th I wouldn't complain, hes a professional WR with top 15-20 upside, but in a perfect world, I'd like for this team to get a bigger possession type WR.

3 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

The NFL open market is about to start. Players will become available that we had no idea would be. Many teams are up against the cap wall.

This is my first time creating a real off season plan. It’s harder than I thought, fun, and definitely not going to happen.

Anyway you can also sub in a different player to your liking such as, WR, QB2, RB2, (because hopefully the numbers work) etc.

Enjoy….

IMG_0786.jpeg

I am fairly confident, unless we have an amazing free agency, we're not picking at 10. I think this is finally the year we make the trade down. the 10th pick is obtainable and the jets need bodies with starter upside.  The jags and bengals could be interesting trade partners (16th and 18th) as their first and second round picks are pretty close to = value for the jets 10th pick.

51 minutes ago, extmenace said:

I am fairly confident, unless we have an amazing free agency, we're not picking at 10. I think this is finally the year we make the trade down. the 10th pick is obtainable and the jets need bodies with starter upside.  The jags and bengals could be interesting trade partners (16th and 18th) as their first and second round picks are pretty close to = value for the jets 10th pick.

I was always an advocate for trading down, but when 1 of the top 3 OTs are staring you right in the face, I’m not playing around.

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You’re probably right about Bahktiari, but I wanted to hedged with two bodies rather than 1 with Tyron or Donovan Smith.

We won’t agree on Mosley, my thought process was tie him here as long as Rodgers is here and then reset.

24 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

You’re probably right about Bahktiari, but I wanted to hedged with two bodies rather than 1 with Tyron or Donovan Smith.

We won’t agree on Mosley, my thought process was tie him here as long as Rodgers is here and then reset.

I think keeping mosley restricts us on offensive player gets and if he was gone getting huff back would be much more realizitic.

In the end it is all about what you think about the player.

Mosley does one thing well, make tackles, we don't blitz and he is not blitz threat anyway, he showed last year cannot cover.  The leadership thing is way over blown.

Even if you are in 'win now' mode you still have to make responsible football moves, mosley is not at all worth what we are paying him now or in the future with restructures for what he actually brings to the table.

I have no doubt he will be resurrected in the end but I do not like it.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, NYJCAP2 said:

The NFL open market is about to start. Players will become available that we had no idea would be. Many teams are up against the cap wall.

This is my first time creating a real off season plan. It’s harder than I thought, fun, and definitely not going to happen.

Anyway you can also sub in a different player to your liking such as, WR, QB2, RB2, (because hopefully the numbers work) etc.

Enjoy….

IMG_0786.jpeg

Looks pretty good.  I like drafting a qb.  Another scenario has the jets picking up cushonberry as a cap hit from Denver and then moving tipp to center.  I think the thing is that there are lots of ways the oline can be worked out within the confines of the cap.

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I think keeping mosley restricts us on offensive player gets and if he was gone getting huff back would be much more realizitic.

In the end it is all about what you think about the player.

Mosley does one thing well, make tackles, we don't blitz and he is not blitz threat anyway, he showed last year cannot cover.  The leadership thing is way over blown.

Even if you are in 'win now' mode you still have to make responsible football moves, mosley is not at all worth what we are paying him now or in the future with restructures for what he actually brings to the table.

I have no doubt he will be resurrected in the end but I do not like it.

I couldn't agree more. I have nothing against Mosley. He came back after that injury in 2019 and put in some good hard work and years instead of just doing what most free agents that we sign do.....loaf and collect the guaranteed money. 

He just costs way too much at a non-premium position + is over the hill + we have too many holes on offense to justify his price tag or even spot on the team.

If they're serious about win-now and upgrading the offense then he is someone that needs to go.