Jets sign DT Leki Fotu

7 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I don't think this means they're prioritizing defense over offense. They signed a NT who's available (and who was willing to sign with the Jets). It doesn't take 10 hours of singular focus to get this deal done at the expense of making calls about starters on offense. The agents of the guys they have interest in - or made offers to already - know it. 

This happened overnight, and may have been as simple as having an underling draw up a contract & send it to this Leki guy's agent to have him sign it or not. They probably have done that with others, too, whose agents threw it in the trash. This is hardly akin to spending hours planning & flying Calvin Pace in on Woody's helicopter to tour the facilities from above before fellating him down below.

He's a former bust. Send him a contract when no one else is, from the one position group on the team where guys end up better than they started. If he signs it fine and if he doesn't there are plenty other 330-pound camp blobs to sign whenever. 

I don't even particularly care for Douglas but this complaint is silly. They needed more interior DLmen for their HC's desired rotation. BFD. 

Agreed

19 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A constantly horrible O-line, a near talentless WR group beyond Wilson, league-worst QB play for years on end, and Offensive finishes of 31st, 32nd, 28th, 29th and 29th tell me they do value, nor know how to build, Offense.

If you'd like to praise them for a clearly short-term, clearly self-interest (job saving) trade like Rodgers, with all it's crippling costs and lost draft picks, which at best was a 1-2 year long-shot at something rather than long-term team building, go right ahead.  I'll disagree and call it was it was, a low-odds hail mary that so far has failed.  A hail-mary, we note, that was only required because of how badly they botched by picking Zach.

If you want to give credit for picking injury prone busts like Becton, or even AVT (who has now missed big chunks of two seasons), while ignoring their constant picking of Edges in the 1st as well, and Sauce as well, go right ahead.  I'll point out that most of JD's Offensive picks have been sub-par, injury-plagued or outright busts, outside of Wilson and Hall.  

End of the day, in totality, I think their record shows a clear Defensive bias.  Throwing a few bones to the O doesn't change that, the philosophy, in the offseason and especially on gameday, has been obvious IMO.

But if you want to argue they've been focused more on O than D in this organization, by all mean feel free to make that argument.  Just note that that makes them look worse, not better, given the horrible performance to-date.

I don’t recall hearing either becton or AVT being injury prone before being drafted.  I think there are other things in play besides the draft picks and most of the free agent signings that are thwarting the jets success.

13 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Not really and he got paid a ton.

That’s what I thought you meant Bicketybam.  Fun name to say..

Seems to be a lot of overreaction on the board so far.

But it’s not like the Jets leadership has earned our trust.  So not unexpected either.

What is ironic is those who cry don’t mortgage the future you dumbass JD out of one side of their mouth (when convenient) ALSO cry for JD to overpay for a Guard or lackluster WR out of the other side.  In real life, you cannot have it both ways.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Warfish said:

A constantly horrible O-line, a near talentless WR group beyond Wilson, league-worst QB play for years on end, and Offensive finishes of 31st, 32nd, 28th, 29th and 29th tell me they do value, nor know how to build, Offense.

If you'd like to praise them for a clearly short-term, clearly self-interest (job saving) trade like Rodgers, with all it's crippling costs and lost draft picks, which at best was a 1-2 year long-shot at something rather than long-term team building, go right ahead.  I'll disagree and call it was it was, a low-odds hail mary that so far has failed.  A hail-mary, we note, that was only required because of how badly they botched by picking Zach.

If you want to give credit for picking injury prone busts like Becton, or even AVT (who has now missed big chunks of two seasons), while ignoring their constant picking of Edges in the 1st as well, and Sauce as well, go right ahead.  I'll point out that most of JD's Offensive picks have been sub-par, injury-plagued or outright busts, outside of Wilson and Hall.  

End of the day, in totality, I think their record shows a clear Defensive bias.  Throwing a few bones to the O doesn't change that, the philosophy, in the offseason and especially on gameday, has been obvious IMO.

But if you want to argue they've been focused more on O than D in this organization, by all mean feel free to make that argument.  Just note that that makes them look worse, not better, given the horrible performance to-date.

So because many of the offensive players that have acquired have managed to suffer injuries at a ridiculous rate, this means tbey do not value offense?

Cool.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, faba said:

Why not resign the guys we had last year

Did it seem to you that the Jets were competent at stopping the run last year?  The most glaring hole in an otherwise top defense, with the Whitehead safety spot a close second.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Flashlite80 said:

Did it seem to you that the Jets were competent at stopping the run last year?  The most glaring hole in an otherwise top defense, with the Whitehead safety spot a close second.

They were not competent and were hurt by Wood’s injury and Mosley’s declining closing speed.