"Deseret News": Why no takers -- at least yet -- for Zach Wilson

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I would be happy if ZW were back (because we might need him and I think he'd be much better behind a much improved behind what we'll be giving AR8 next year) but I don't think there's a chance it'll happen.  Woody obviously thinks he stinks and wants him off the team.

In addition to Woody thinking he stinks and wanting him off the team, you can add 90% of the fanbase, 90% of his teammate and probably all of the coaching staff.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I would be happy if ZW were back (because we might need him and I think he'd be much better behind the much improved OL/WRs that we'll be giving AR8 next year) but I don't think there's a chance it'll happen.  Woody obviously thinks he stinks and wants him off the team.

When Woody made those comments he was being told Zach had trade value.  Now with how things are shaping up, Woody may be faced with paying $5.5 million to release him and sign a journeyman, or keep him on the roster as a QB3.  Unless Zach is some locker room cancer (no evidence of this) I would think he has to be recalibrating a bit...

1 minute ago, peekskill68 said:

When Woody made those comments he was being told Zach had trade value.  Now with how things are shaping up, Woody may be faced with paying $5.5 million to release him and sign a journeyman, or keep him on the roster as a QB3.  Unless Zach is some locker room cancer (no evidence of this) I would think he has to be recalibrating a bit...

He may not be a true cancer but I do believe there are guys that genuinely don't like him and even more important there are probably a ton of teammates that don't believe in him. He won't be on the roster.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

In addition to Woody thinking he stinks and wanting him off the team, you can add 90% of the fanbase, 90% of his teammate and probably all of the coaching staff.

You do realize this team actually played a QB3 in 2022 that could not throw a forward pass don't you?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

If Rodgers gets seriously hurt, the first thing they would do is sign a QB and make him the new #2. In the alternate reality where Slappy is still on the team, the new guy would take over the 2 spot and Wilson would remain the #3. The only way Wilson would ever get a sniff of play time is if both Rodgers and Taylor went down in the same game and they still might not put him in. 

LOL, I said this exact thing earlier.  
Zach would never advance higher than the 3 spot behind AR and TT.  They’d just find a new #2 if they went down

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

You do realize this team actually played a QB3 in 2022 that could not throw a forward pass don't you?

Streveler is credited with going 10/15 for 90 yards. 

14 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

If Rodgers gets seriously hurt, the first thing they would do is sign a QB and make him the new #2. In the alternate reality where Slappy is still on the team, the new guy would take over the 2 spot and Wilson would remain the #3. The only way Wilson would ever get a sniff of play time is if both Rodgers and Taylor went down in the same game and they still might not put him in. 

He's not going to be back.

24 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

One of the best defensive players in the NFL on ZW:

If I'm being completely honest, we knew it was going to be a battle.  He's continuing to get better week in and week out.  And he's continuing to lead week in and week out.  

He played really well.  People tend to forget he's a 1st round QB, #2 overall.  That kid is special.  I'm not going to bash the kid because he had a couple of bad games.  I think it's important to give a guy respect.   Look at those throws he's making right there.  The kid is special.  You know, you give him a little time, he can dice you up.

Oh he's fast, man.  He's fast.  He's very shifty.  He's been playing relentless, man.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

If I'm being completely honest, we knew it was going to be a battle.  He's continuing to get better week in and week out.  And he's continuing to lead week in and week out.  

He played really well.  People tend to forget he's a 1st round QB, #2 overall.  That kid is special.  I'm not going to bash the kid because he had a couple of bad games.  I think it's important to give a guy respect.   Look at those throws he's making right there.  The kid is special.  You know, you give him a little time, he can dice you up.

Oh he's fast, man.  He's fast.  He's very shifty.  He's been playing relentless, man.

I'm sure there are plenty of defensive players that absolutely love Slappy Wilson 😅

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

😂

Costs them nothing to blow smoke after they won the game.

If you’re the KC D, you want to encourage a franchise like the Jets not to give up on ZW in the hopes that you’ll see as much of him as possible in future matchups:

a lot of sack and INT incentives to be achieved when you face a kid who holds the ball for an eternity 

This actually is a bit of smoke
. But the fact he didn't take Harrison's bait speaks louder.

Zach has not put it together... He should latch on somewhere and get another shot ala Darnold.

Time will tell.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

LOL

Must be waiting for a Jamal Adams level deal 🤣

lol what is going on here now. Nothing- I mean nothing with the Wilson Jets relationship makes any sense at all

• Haha 3

On 3/24/2024 at 10:54 AM, bicketybam said:

Lol you actually trust Woody.  He made one comment implying Zach wasn’t good vs 3+ years of baby’ing him and a million chances