"Deseret News": Why no takers -- at least yet -- for Zach Wilson

Blames the Jets for everything. I’m sure that’s part of it but ZW isn’t good and that’s the bigger issue. He's mentally weak and refused to play football because he didn’t want to get hurt. 

There’s a chance he gets traded draft day or once QB’s start getting hurt in the preseason.

Cutting him saves no money and we could use the $5 mill savings if he’s traded. The Rams should take a flier on him.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Which is why you have to wonder why he’s still on the roster. The Jets should draft a QB this April considering their 1-2 combine to be the oldest in the league. Why is Wilson still on the roster? It won’t end.

i would have to think he will not be come sept

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

i would have to think he will not be come sept

Cutting him now vs September is the same thing. Woody paid Tomlinson to go away. A difference of 5 mill is ashtray money to Woody. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Matt39 said:

Ok pick a number just release him. Every other Qb situation is settled 

Hey, I'm just making sure the correct information is out there. Personally I don't give a sh*t when he leaves the team as long as it's before TC.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Cutting him now vs September is the same thing. Woody paid Tomlinson to go away. A difference of 5 mill is ashtray money to Woody. 

i honestly do not know the financials or impacts of dates /roster etc

smarter minds than mine

3 minutes ago, Trotter said:

i honestly do not know the financials or impacts of dates /roster etc

smarter minds than mine

Doesn't matter when he is cut, they owe him 5.4 mil and his dead cap is 11 mil. The only way that can possibly change is if they trade him.

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Doesn't matter when he is cut, they owe him 5.4 mil and his dead cap is 11 mil. The only way that can possibly change is if they trade him.

so then they keep him on the roster until they are dead in the water on trades and then cut him.

Makes you think maybe there is someone out there jd is trying to close with.

1 hour ago, slats said:

Maybe they can move him during the draft, after someone (anyone!) fails to get one of the QBs they were hoping to land. That’s the best case scenario. It’s not surprising that Zach isn’t worth any draft pick + $5.5M in salary to anyone. I just hope that if/when the time comes, JD just eats it and cuts him. $11M in dead cap would be better than him on the roster this year. 

I think Wilson's pain would be a lot worse than the Jet's pain if he stays on the roster.  Wilson checked out of NY after game 15 last year.  For his mental wellness he'd be much better off being out of football rather than back with the Jets

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Yeah. My bad on the number. I think with the Williams signing the roster is as filled out as it’s going to get pre draft. Extra cap space is negligible right now. Holding out for a 7th is just wasting time/resources. A clean break seems like a win/win. There’s no way Woody is sweating 5 million bucks considering the spending spree. 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Trotter said:

so then they keep him on the roster until they are dead in the water on trades and then cut him.

Makes you think maybe there is someone out there jd is trying to close with.

I just don't think it's worth cutting him until they have to. Sure it makes the fans feel better but at the end of the day he won't be in the roster this year.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

Yeah. My bad on the number. I think with the Williams signing the roster is as filled out as it’s going to get pre draft. Extra cap space is negligible right now. Holding out for a 7th is just wasting time/resources. A clean break seems like a win/win. There’s no way Woody is sweating 5 million bucks considering the spending spree. 

Jets were at 9 mil in cap space PRIOR to signing Williams. I'd say 5 mil is more than negligible.

• Upvote 2