"Deseret News": Why no takers -- at least yet -- for Zach Wilson

8 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I get it, that’s why I replied to the post just wanting to dump him and should have dumped him weeks or months ago.  

Thanks but this needs to be explained to Matt.  😅

You have been the biggest Zach  supporter.  Et Tu brute?

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Fake News... Zach had ass...

Worst OLine the history of football... 1 WR , 1RB, 1 decent TE ... ... ...

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Worst OL in the history of football???  Lmao.  Holy hyperbole Batman.  His OL was fine up until about Week 6 of last season.  He still sucked for those ~ 2.5 seasons.  And if the OL was so bad, why was he no better than the 4th best QB on the team from 2021-22?

Meanwhile….What did Darnold have?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Dunnie vs the truth

Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

Truth be told I haven’t read a post in this thread, but given its title, and the amount of pages it’s gone, I figured people were waging war over the fake stats and alternate realities that the would have, could have, should have crew likes to spew. 

So, I comment is directed at more than just one person. I didn’t mean to single out Dunnie.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Truth be told I haven’t read a post in this thread, but given its title, and the amount of pages it’s gone, I figured people were waging war over the fake stats and alternate realities that the would have, could have, should have crew likes to spew. 

So, I comment is directed at more than just one person. I didn’t mean to single out Dunnie.

There's a parallel dimension where zach leads us to a superbowl, Saleh just failed to find the portal. 

• Haha 3

I don't mind being singled out

My position has never changed .. i think Zach is a crappy QB ... I just think a disproportionate amt of blame is being assigned to him as opposed to the idiots running the show at 1JD.

Interested in what happens to him next and if he can be unlocked.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I don't mind being singled out emoji38.png

My position has never changed .. i think Zach is a crappy QB ... I just think a disproportionate amt of blame is being assigned to him as opposed to the idiots running the show at 1JD.

Interested in what happens to him next and if he can be unlocked.

Splitting hairs over the allocation of blame on a situation that has come and gone seems really fruitful.

22 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Truth is no one wants Zach. Even if he gets cut I can’t imagine a lot of suitors out there for him. Someone will give him a shot. But I doubt he actually makes a roster next year. Probably someone’s practice squad. 

The broncos will probably sign him to be a 3rd string.  He’ll be completely out of the NFL in 2 years

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Worst OL in the history of football???  Lmao.  Holy hyperbole Batman.  His OL was fine up until about Week 6 of last season.  He still sucked for those ~ 2.5 seasons.  And if the OL was so bad, why was he no better than the 4th best QB on the team from 2021-22?

Meanwhile….What did Darnold have?

Dunnie thinks it takes a HOF OL to complete a screen pass 🤣

• Haha 3

Splitting hairs over the allocation of blame on a situation that has come and gone seems really fruitful.

Well .. that would not be the case if the remaining culprits (Saleh, Hackett) were no longer there.

But alas they are and the saga continues.

22 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Well .. that would not be the case if the remaining culprits (Saleh, Hackett) were no longer there.

Slappy had his best ever passer rating under Hackett!

On 3/20/2024 at 1:37 PM, Matt39 said:

Which is why you have to wonder why he’s still on the roster. The Jets should draft a QB this April considering their 1-2 combine to be the oldest in the league. Why is Wilson still on the roster? It won’t end.

Because Joe Douglas has no clue what he’s doing ? He actually believed in Zach, but now has to realize he is the gm in NFL who does ha. 

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

No, the circumstances can be whatever they are. Toiling over semantics in the past is a waste of time, regardless.

Zach sucks. The Jets suck. It doesn’t matter which aspect of each played a bigger role. The book has been written.

• Upvote 2

The Jets would likely have to agree to pay much of that money to convince a team to agree to a trade (and probably have to throw in a draft pick as a sweetener)

this makes 0 damn sense. Why would the Jets pay the whole salary AND throw in a draft pick? At that point cutting him is the better option 

11 hours ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Dunnie thinks it takes a HOF OL to complete a screen pass 🤣

Well at least a pee wee league OL ...

Funny thing is I never said Zach was a good football player.., just that he had talent that was never developed.  Unrealized potential.  

Kid has a great arm , some athleticism etc.

I just rant against the guys that hated from day minus 90 ... 

Imagine the hate JJ will garner if picked.

• Upvote 1

On 3/20/2024 at 2:21 PM, UntouchableCrew said:

Honestly, he's still on the team. I'll stop complaining about this dude once the NYJ have given me assurances I'll never have to see him take another snap.

Zach is going to be starting games for the jets next season. I’m very sorry.

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Zach is going to be starting games for the jets next season. I’m very sorry.

Not going to happen.  He won't be on the team.....just a matter of time.  As many have pointed out, cutting him now eliminates any chance of getting salary relief or even a conditional draft pick  And if you think having him still on the team is a distraction, I don't see how.  I seriously doubt any players are as obsessed with Zach as some on the board are

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, cat999 said:

Not going to happen.  He won't be on the team.....just a matter of time.  As many have pointed out, cutting him now eliminates any chance of getting salary relief or even a conditional draft pick  And if you think having him still on the team is a distraction, I don't see how.  I seriously doubt any players are as obsessed with Zach as some on the board are

He’ll be on the team.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

He’ll be on the team.

Sadly, I'm tending to agree with you.  From a business point of view if there is no trade, no cap relief, no developmental QB to take in this year's draft (given we have fewer picks), you are basically valuing Zach's roster spot vs. guys like Tim Boyle.

15 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Are we sure it wasn't because of Woody's remarks? We had a good chance at a 3rd rounder before that bafoon opened his mouth!

P.S. this is sarcasm

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

Sadly, I'm tending to agree with you.  From a business point of view if there is no trade, no cap relief, no developmental QB to take in this year's draft (given we have fewer picks), you are basically valuing Zach's roster spot vs. guys like Tim Boyle.

I think this was more of an optics thing than anything. Zach probably did seek a trade destination but I think both sides probably had the understanding he could always come back too. 

18 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

I would be happy if ZW were back (because we might need him and I think he'd be much better behind the much improved OL/WRs that we'll be giving AR8 next year) but I don't think there's a chance it'll happen.  Woody obviously thinks he stinks and wants him off the team.

1 minute ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I would be happy if ZW were back (because we might need him and I think he'd be much better behind a much improved behind what we'll be giving AR8 next year) but I don't think there's a chance it'll happen.  Woody obviously thinks he stinks and wants him off the team.

If Rodgers gets seriously hurt, the first thing they would do is sign a QB and make him the new #2. In the alternate reality where Slappy is still on the team, the new guy would take over the 2 spot and Wilson would remain the #3. The only way Wilson would ever get a sniff of play time is if both Rodgers and Taylor went down in the same game and they still might not put him in. 

• Upvote 1