Another Bowers thread? Yup

44 minutes ago, doitny said:

but at least he can catch the ball...LOL

but your right he is a check down queen just like the QB throwing to him.

True but he was the same dude w/ Cousins.  I'm not saying he's not useful.  He has a place on any team but he's not a difference maker but it would be fun to run some 13 w/ him, Ruckert and Bowers.

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Bowers hype and the vehemence with which he is touted (by some, not all) are unreal.

He ain’t getting any YAC sitting on IR with torn hamstrings and high ankle sprains. 

I don't think any player is getting YAC on IR.  If he was injury prone, I'd be worried and skeptical.  On the other hand, he had tightrope surgery on the high ankle sprain and played in a game and caught a TD 26 days after surgery.  And this is a guy who's future fortune was already cemented.  That is in line with his very high motor.  He's as complete mentally as he is physically.

Those three weeks were the only games he missed during his UGA career.

I'm not saying he's a surefire lock for Pro Bowls and HOF.  I do think he will be a star, and a genuine attraction for any NFL team that knows how to feature him.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, rbstern said:

I don't think any player is getting YAC on IR.  If he was injury prone, I'd be worried and skeptical.  On the other hand, he had tightrope surgery on the high ankle sprain and played in a game and caught a TD 26 days after surgery.  And this is a guy who's future fortune was already cemented.  That is in line with his very high motor.  He's as complete mentally as he is physically.

Those three weeks were the only games he missed during his UGA career.

I'm not saying he's a surefire lock for Pro Bowls and HOF.  I do think he will be a star, and a genuine attraction for any NFL team that knows how to feature him.

I would fear if the jets took him but i envision myself watching him score on redzone thinking wow, what a dumb pick in the first round, a Te. 

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Hockenson is “awful”?

Dude just put up back to back -950 yard seasons, with 5-6 TD’s and is a very good blocker. In what universe is that awful?

Not that I think he is awful, because he isn’t, but his last 2 seasons were 960yards in 2023 and 519 yards in 2022 not back to back 950 yard seasons. His next best was 723 in 2020. Never mind, I just saw that the 2022 numbers  were only for one of the 2 teams he played for. Sorry.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bonkertons said:

I think it's because no one thought we'd have a chance to take him.  I'm a pretty bad draft addict and will start looking at mocks a year in advance.  Once we traded for Rodgers, guys like Caleb, MHJ and Bowers became a pipe dream to most of us.  Then suddenly Rodgers goes down and they become actual possibilities.  Then we get "hot" at the end of the year, and they become pipedreams again.

Now, lucky for us, the position Bowers plays looks like it's going to cause him to drop right into our range.  I think sometimes you just need to thank the football gods and take advantage of an elite player falling into your lap.  

My first two thoughts as soon as the Rodgers trade was announced:

"Hoy sh*t, the Jets just got Aaron Rodgers"

and 

"Ah sh*t, the Jets just lost out on any shot at Brock Bowers".

Bowers (and yes, a few other guys) can be the silver lining behind Rodgers missing the season.

• Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

The Bowers hype and the vehemence with which he is touted (by some, not all) are unreal.

He ain’t getting any YAC sitting on IR with torn hamstrings and high ankle sprains. 

77730873da13a6478d20136f7c7167c3.jpg

• Haha 2