NFL Network’s Colleen Wolfe apologizes to Jets, wasn’t at meeting, and second hand info of argument may have been inaccurate

9 minutes ago, bitonti said:

she apologized for being a distraction but she did not say the other fact checkers were right and she was wrong. She didn't say the story didn't happen. She said she has her source and others said differently

those others include Woody who obviously has his own agenda 

that's an apology yes but not a retraction 

let's just face facts Saleh probably made Woody look small and dumb (which he is) and Woody is ripsh*t about it 

Saleh, being a lame duck, has no reason to play nice 

You want to believe this so badly, lol. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

That's not a rumor. That's one guy making a prediction. 

the point is there's a news story about Woody firing Saleh for Vrabel (not the only story by the way) 

and I could very easily see Saleh going up to Woody and saying something sarcastic like "Sorry Mike Vrabel wasn't available" 

3 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

If I were Saleh, I'd be grateful for the 25M or whatever it is Woody gifted me and probably keep my mouth shut in front of the owner.

He's been a "yes man" at the podium for 3 years.

Why start singing a different tune now?

because making a coach be a lame duck is widely frowned upon. It's delaying the inevitable

like when a cat plays with the mouse he caught 

just end his misery and fire the dude so he can make a new life somewhere else 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pac said:

You mistake what I'm getting at.  I listened to her statement on whatever podcast that was and dismissed it.  Sounded like nonsensical gossip. 

I'm referring to people equating this silliness with actual news. 

Usually when it is nonsense like this it gets discovered pretty quickly..  Just like this did.  That doesn't stop a disenfranchised group of people declaring all media lies. But that's an argument for another day. 

That's fair.  My point is that is that it turned out to be inaccurate.  And, I don't think it would have ever been corrected or apologized for is she wasn't checked on it.

She's not one of us know-nothings BS'ing on message boards about rumors we hear.  She's an on-air personality that works for the NFL.  Those people must be held to a higher standard or accuracy and due diligence when they're speaking to an audience of potentially millions or people.  JMHO.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

the point is there's a news story about Woody firing Saleh for Vrabel (not the only story by the way) 

and I could very easily see Saleh going up to Woody and saying something sarcastic like "Sorry Mike Vrabel wasn't available" 

because making a coach be a lame duck is widely frowned upon. It's delaying the inevitable

That's not a news story. It's an opinion piece. You clearly don't know the difference. 

Just now, bicketybam said:

You want to believe this so badly, lol. 

what do you believe? That Woody and Saleh have a functional work relationship based on mutual respect 

for what it's worth Woody is a proven scoundrel, google his IRS dealings, his UK scandal, etc. 

If my life is on the line and I have to believe Woody johnson or Colleen Wolfe I'm believing Colleen every day and twice on Sunday 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bicketybam said:

That's not a news story. It's an opinion piece. You clearly don't know the difference. 

Colleen's wasn't a news story either. It was a silly line at the end of a podcast 

You can make that distinction for Schatz but not for Wolfe? Okay. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Right now, Mike Tomlin is coaching on the last year of his contract. Jerry Jones is also know for this as well. See McCarthy, Mike.

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

what do you believe? That Woody and Saleh have a functional work relationship based on mutual respect 

for what it's worth Woody is a proven scoundrel, google his IRS dealings, his UK scandal, etc. 

If my life is on the line and I have to believe Woody johnson or Colleen Wolfe I'm believing Colleen every day and twice on Sunday 

I don't believe Saleh and Johnson had a heated argument that got so bad, the people around them became uncomfortable. Not a single named reporter said they witnessed it, even the one who said she heard it happened. But we do have reports from people that were there that said it didn't happen. Based on what we know, I can't see how you can believe anything other than it didn't happen as she initially said. It's not out of the realm that they could argue. But that doesn't make the story true. You seem hell bent on convincing yourself that it did. Whatever floats your boat.

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Colleen's wasn't a news story either. It was a silly line at the end of a podcast 

You can make that distinction for Schatz but not for Wolfe? Okay. 

Schatz wrote about something he thinks could happen. It was his opinion. 

Wolfe wrote that an actual event did happen. You don't see the difference?! Holy sh*t, dude. It's not that complicated.

11 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Is this an actual story?  I assumed it was only concocted in my head.  Wasn't sure how it escaped to the general public.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Schatz wrote about something he thinks could happen. It was his opinion. 

Wolfe wrote that an actual event did happen. You don't see the difference?! Holy sh*t, dude. It's not that complicated.

Wolfe didn't write anything at all 

you don't see the difference between writing and speaking 

• WTF? 2

14 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

also - link? I’ve been praying for this exact scenario since Vrabel got canned 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

I don't believe Saleh and Johnson had a heated argument that got so bad, the people around them became uncomfortable. Not a single named reporter said they witnessed it, even the one who said she heard it happened. But we do have reports from people that were there that said it didn't happen. Based on what we know, I can't see how you can believe anything other than it didn't happen as she initially said. It's not out of the realm that they could argue. But that doesn't make the story true. You seem hell bent on convincing yourself that it did. Whatever floats your boat.

just to be clear there were no reporters in the room when it happened. ON SUNDAY.

Not Wolfe or Hughes or any of them. Wolfe got a text from someone inside the room. Hughes is referring to an event on Monday. 

the only person who was in the room at the time and says it didn't happen was Woody  

Just now, slimjasi said:

also - link? I’ve been praying for this exact scenario since Vrabel got canned 

i put it up there it's from Schatz at ESPN 

from Saleh's perspective he's going to get fired it's just a matter of when 

and the sooner it happens the better for his family 

• Haha 1

Just now, bitonti said:

Wolfe didn't write anything at all 

you don't see the difference between writing and speaking 

Now you are just splitting hairs. She "reported." Whether is was written or spoken doesn't make a difference when comparing it to the other guy's opinion piece. Take the L. The two aren't even close to being  the same and it's embarrassing that you used an article titled: 2024 NFL offseason: Bold moves, trades in free agency, draft for all 32 teams to make the point that there is a rumor about Saleh being fired halfway through the season. The guy is doing his Carnac the  Magnificent impression ffs.

13 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Right now, Mike Tomlin is coaching on the last year of his contract. Jerry Jones is also know for this as well. See McCarthy, Mike.

Mike Tomlin said in public he expects an extension to occur before the season 

Mike McCarthy is in a similar situation to Saleh... except he makes more than double what Saleh makes, and has a winning record as HC in DAL

but yeah. Woody and Jerry Jones are the only two owners who make their HC's dangle in the wind like that. It's not a great look. Jerry Jones has rings to back up his foolishness, but those are from 30 years ago 

1 minute ago, bicketybam said:

Now you are just splitting hairs. She "reported." Whether is was written or spoken doesn't make a difference when comparing it to the other guy's opinion piece. Take the L. The two aren't even close to being  the same and it's embarrassing that you used an article titled: 2024 NFL offseason: Bold moves, trades in free agency, draft for all 32 teams to make the point that there is a rumor about Saleh being fired halfway through the season. The guy is doing his Carnac the  Magnificent impression ffs.

Ok then please link to Colleen Wolfe's report then 

Oh wait it wasn't a report it was some people bullsh*tting on GMF

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Also, if you believe Saleh is on edge because he thinks he's about to be fired, the last thing a guy who has shilled so hard for his employer is going to do is blow up in front of all of his future employers. 

9 minutes ago, rex-n-effect said:

Also, if you believe Saleh is on edge because he thinks he's about to be fired, the last thing a guy who has shilled so hard for his employer is going to do is blow up in front of all of his future employers. 

Woody is considered a joke by the other owners, they probably thought it was funny 

that's why Woody's denying it so strongly -

he was made to look ridiculous and a man in his position can't afford to be made to look ridiculous

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Ok then please link to Colleen Wolfe's report then 

Oh wait it wasn't a report it was some people bullsh*tting on GMF

Here are the words she used to describe the event and notice how it changes throught the report.

"Heated conversation"

"Wouldn't say argument, but a heated discussion"

"I think the body language made it awkward... potentially"

"I'm not saying it's an argument"

"A lively conversation they were having"

Yeah, color me nutty but this whole thing reeks of bullsh*t. She was asked if this event took place in private or in a room full of people and for the life of me I can't understand what her reply is. It's at 1:40 in the audio if anyone else can figure it out.

12 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

"Heated conversation"

yeah and what about all that is so hard to believe?

4 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yeah and what about all that is so hard to believe?

Unnamed source, story can't be verified and she changes the terminology repeatedly....it reeks of bullsh*t. Again, we aren't debating if it's possible for two people to argue. The question is if this reported event ever took place. I don't think it did. 

25 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Here are the words she used to describe the event and notice how it changes throught the report.

"Heated conversation"

Yeah, color me nutty but this whole thing reeks of bullsh*t. She was asked if this event took place in private or in a room full of people and for the life of me I can't understand what her reply is. It's at 1:40 in the audio if anyone else can figure it out.

Is it possible they were discussing the Miami Heat?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Jets fans say Colleen is a liar, they say she should be fired 

I am asking you a direct question: If not Colleen's story, what do you think happened? 

do you think these men  talked at all

If they did it's not hard to imagine it being awkward

Again, the rumors came out 2 weeks ago Woody was going to fire Saleh mid season. You don't think Saleh had anything to say about that? 

Holy crap!

Can you not stay focused ?

All that doesnt matter whether true or untrue

The point here is a made up story. It never happened. Dude really

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

Dude are you actually trying for bad takes?

The girl made up a bs story. Not sure if ur serious

She never retracted the story. She only apologized for being a distraction 

Woody Johnson has been investigated by the  US State Department for (among other things) creating a hostile work environment. He accuses Wolfe of lies

meanwhile, Colleen Wolfe (or as you call her "THAT GIRL") has never been investigated for anything

her record is spotless. Maybe it's woody's word we shouldn't trust. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

"Heated conversation"

She’s full of doodoo
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Not sure I understand how a reporter survives this ... I mean isn't part of being a reporter ...you know ... Reporting facts and being trusted to do so ...

... New age I guess.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

You do realize she was working with a source just l;ike every other reporter in the world ..The fact she apologised speaks volumes about her integrity

• Upvote 2