NFL Network’s Colleen Wolfe apologizes to Jets, wasn’t at meeting, and second hand info of argument may have been inaccurate

3 hours ago, HighPitch said:

Dude are you actually trying for bad takes?

The girl made up a bs story. Not sure if ur serious

He's auditioning for the Jets Nation bad guy club cool kid club you know the ones that have issue with anything and everything he's just bad at it and even they turned him away.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I guess in the back of my head I always thought there was some kind of Hippocratic Oath for reporters. (smh)

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.

5 hours ago, bitonti said:

i put it up there it's from Schatz at ESPN 

from Saleh's perspective he's going to get fired it's just a matter of when 

and the sooner it happens the better for his family 

A. Who gives a ****.

B. The person that reported that the thing happened, just said, "nah, I don't think the thing happened... sorry".

You sound like an insane person Here, bruh! Let it go....

let it go GIF

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You sound like an insane person Here, bruh! Let it go....

let it go GIF

every year in the springtime, someone calls me crazy for not believing the Jets or not believing in the Jets 

but in the fall, my negativity isn't so crazy anymore

by November, I'm the voice of reason  

it's an annual tradition 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Does.... does that cost extra??

men objectifying women on a football site essentially calling CW a hoor 

a woman who has never broke a story and only works with Excel spreadsheets 

all for daring to insinuate Woody would yell at an underling

you are really on the leading edge of future prediction buddy 

where do you get your news? Archie Bunker? 

• Upvote 1

I’m too lazy to read through this thread and see if this has already been posted, but I found it amusing that Cimini took a slight dig at Wolfe. He pointed out that she initially said the alleged conversion took place on Sunday and then later said it was Monday:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39827743/jets-owner-calls-report-argument-saleh-absolutely-false

On 3/29/2024 at 9:26 AM, Jetfuel66 said:

Except when it comes to the Jets.

The media slant against the Jets and the obvious desire for clicks makes it irresistible for these clowns.

What a bunch of nonsense!

What slant?  This team has been a bottom feeder for ages so I expect no less from anyone.  None the less, as for me I'm not a SOJ type F and almost always see the glass as half full.   

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

men objectifying women on a football site essentially calling CW a hoor 

a woman who has never broke a story and only works with Excel spreadsheets 

all for daring to insinuate Woody would yell at an underling

you are really on the leading edge of future prediction buddy 

where do you get your news? Archie Bunker? 

Matt, you're a great poster and after being assholes to each other in the early days over stuff that didn't belong on a Football Site, I think we've gotten along pretty damn well on the board for damn near a decade.... and if you didn't see it, I actually commended the young lady for coming out with a Mea Culpa, owning up to a bad report, apologizing, and taking accountability (Things that are very rare in todays clickbait world). What I said in relation to another poster is what we used to call a "Joke". See, he said something trying to demean her, and I threw out a one-liner I've used for YEARS when someone says something negative about a pretty girl. 

You need to chill the **** out, Brother. Are you OK in real life? Not being snarky, seriously. Counseling through the VA got me through a very rough 3 year stretch and the last year or so has been awesome. The fact that your response to a one liner joke on a Football Message board was ^ is worrying. You have a hair trigger, over trivial nonsense.

And I don't know if you're confusing me with other people, but none of what you posted in your valiant defense of Ms. Wolfe applies to me. I've barely weighed in on the nonsensical, trivial story aside from basically saying, "I don't care"...

I'm over and beyond worrying about the lives and fortunes of people living far easier, more comfortable lives than myself and my family. All I care about is seeing this bloody Football team win, no matter WHO is on the team, calling the plays, or owns the Org. 

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, bitonti said:

Bold, fantasy moves that would change the landscape of a team are not the same as actual rumors that are going to happen.  Saleh is not going to get fired mid season. 
You need to understand what you’re reading. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Bold, fantasy moves that would change the landscape of a team are not the same as actual rumors that are going to happen.  Saleh is not going to get fired mid season. 
You need to understand what you’re reading. 

Yeah, I still can't believe he used that article as a source 😅 Just brutal.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

They were arguing over what to get Rodgers as a gift for his VP selection. 

Just read an article about how RFK’s VP pick has absolutely flatlined among his supporters and disenfranchised his donor base and that he might be desperate for a change-up. Story developing. 

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Just read an article about how RFK’s VP pick has absolutely flatlined among his supporters and disenfranchised his donor base and that he might be desperate for a change-up. Story developing. 

FB_IMG_1709822936292.jpg

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

And I heard he has no donor base, is looking at her to be his donor base.  She can afford it

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

4 hours ago, bitonti said:

every year in the springtime, someone calls me crazy for not believing the Jets or not believing in the Jets 

but in the fall, my negativity isn't so crazy anymore

by November, I'm the voice of reason  

it's an annual tradition 

You have every right to be negative on the Jets, their ownership, their coaching, their performance, etc.  You are 100% correct to doubt them or not believe in this team based on their history.

But now you're saying you don't believe Colleen Wolfe when she apologizes and essentially said she got the information wrong.  I think that's the reason your opinion seems a bit crazy and why I'm wondering why this is a hill you're choosing to die on.  She screwed up, she said she did and then she apologized for it.  I credit her for that part.  The lesson learned for her needs to be that as an on-air personality and a media professional she should be double-checking her information before she shares it to a large audience as fact when it quickly became clear it wasn't accurate.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Wolfe when she apologizes and essentially said she got the information wrong. 

In bit’s defense, he’s pointing out that she didn’t confess to the information being wrong. She apologized for “creating an unnecessary distraction.” 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I admire what you and @bitonti are trying to do here, but a woman reporter insinuated that the Jets are anything less than an enviable model of collaboration and success. You’re basically talking to yourselves at this point.

I feel like history will not be kind to those chivalrous, clear-eyed gents.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Matt, you're a great poster and after being assholes to each other in the early days over stuff that didn't belong on a Football Site, I think we've gotten along pretty damn well on the board for damn near a decade.... and if you didn't see it, I actually commended the young lady for coming out with a Mea Culpa, owning up to a bad report, apologizing, and taking accountability (Things that are very rare in todays clickbait world). What I said in relation to another poster is what we used to call a "Joke". See, he said something trying to demean her, and I threw out a one-liner I've used for YEARS when someone says something negative about a pretty girl. 

You need to chill the **** out, Brother. Are you OK in real life? Not being snarky, seriously. Counseling through the VA got me through a very rough 3 year stretch and the last year or so has been awesome. The fact that your response to a one liner joke on a Football Message board was ^ is worrying. You have a hair trigger, over trivial nonsense.

And I don't know if you're confusing me with other people, but none of what you posted in your valiant defense of Ms. Wolfe applies to me. I've barely weighed in on the nonsensical, trivial story aside from basically saying, "I don't care"...

I'm over and beyond worrying about the lives and fortunes of people living far easier, more comfortable lives than myself and my family. All I care about is seeing this bloody Football team win, no matter WHO is on the team, calling the plays, or owns the Org. 

Dude of course I'm in therapy 

Duh 

But we don't talk about the jets too much 

The truth is that I did not scour this thread too hard to see who's doing what... I just don't think it's cool to be like Colleen Wolfe is some b word or something... She's done nothing wrong in her whole life, unlike woody 

So many times in he said she said situations the crowd turns on the she said. And makes her out to be the villain 

I have gotten too close to my wife, nieces and sisters to just sit here and play he man woman hater on this story 

I'll say it again Colleen Wolfe did nothing wrong. The anecdote was obviously true.

Woody is a bastard. It's not that complicated 

Why would anyone believe woody in this situation? Because we want his football team to win? 

OK well then I'll stand with the other whores because he's an a$$hole and his football team is an absolute abomination 

• Post of the Week 1

16 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Duh 

The truth is that I did not scour this thread too hard to see who's doing what... I just don't think it's cool to be like Colleen Wolfe is some b word or something... She's done nothing wrong in her whole life, unlike woody 

So many times in he said she said situations the crowd turns on the she said. And makes her out to be the villain 

I have gotten too close to my wife, nieces and sisters to just sit here and play he man woman hater on this story 

I'll say it again Colleen Wolfe did nothing wrong. The anecdote was obviously true.

Why would anyone believe woody in this situation? Because we want his football team to win? 

OK well then I'll stand with the other whores because he's an a$$hole and his football team is an absolute abomination 

Once again, I believe that you are confusing me with someone else, dude. Literally none of the above applies to me, as my entire input into this stupid ass topic has been:

A. "I don't Give a sh*t if they argued or not" (Seriously, I've almost gotten into fistfights in the firehouse over sh*t, and then drank with the same dude the next evening, because it happens in Grown up world of stressful work and hyper-Egos)

B. "Good on Colleen for taking accountability for a dumb report, true or not".

If the crux of your anger and contempt for ME is the joke I made, well then, your therapy ain't working, kid.... and the bolded reads like schizophrenia

Have a good night.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/29/2024 at 2:53 PM, bitonti said:

the point is there's a news story about Woody firing Saleh for Vrabel (not the only story by the way) 

Show me. I want to read it. Post or PM the link.  We'll see how much actual data is in this story.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Did chatbot come up with this? 

• Haha 2

56 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Duh 

Can you please give us the list of people that were there that backed up her version of the story from a first hand “I was there and what I saw was “ perspective? 

17 hours ago, T0mShane said:

In bit’s defense, he’s pointing out that she didn’t confess to the information being wrong. She apologized for “creating an unnecessary distraction.” 

Understood, and point taken.  She seems to be avoiding the need to say, "I was wrong and what I stated wasn't true," because she's hanging her hat on the fact that one person seemed to tell her one thing and then several others told her something different and corrected her afterwards.

She simply needed to be much more careful with what she seems to state as fact before verifying it and doing some degree of due diligence.  She's an on-air media personality employed by the NFL who reaches a large audience, not Incarcerated Bob telling us the Jets are about to sign Nnamdi Asomugha. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Understood, and point taken.  She seems to be avoiding the need to say, "I was wrong and what I stated wasn't true," because she's hanging her hat on the fact that one person seemed to tell her one thing and then several others told her something different and corrected her afterwards.

She simply needed to be much more careful with what she seems to state as fact before verifying it and doing some degree of due diligence.  She's an on-air media personality employed by the NFL who reaches a large audience, not Incarcerated Bob telling us the Jets are about to sign Nnamdi Asomugha. 

Totally agree. In these days where aggregators clip out of context sound bytes and tweet them out to the world without that context, she should have had the foresight to know what was coming. I think Hanzus knew immediately how it was going to translate and tried to manage the fallout in real time, but it was too late. 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Larz said:

Can you please give us the list of people that were there that backed up her version of the story from a first hand “I was there and what I saw was “ perspective? 

She said it was a “reliable source” who was at the party. She’s friendly with every insider and media personality in the industry. Have you ever been to a gathering with your wife and you have one of those little micro-arguments? Like, you’ve had two fingers of scotch and she’s like “maybe slow down a little bit?” and you’re like “maybe be enthusiastic about having sex again?” and she’s like “maybe use that Peloton we bought for your birthday?” and you’re like “excuse me, we bought?” and she’s like “oh **** you” and you’re like “yeah thought so” and she’s like “you’re ******* drunk” and you’re about to fire back with the verbal killshot but you’re a little drunk and opt to bite your tongue because using a verbal killshot while plausibly drunk is top-shelf alimony behavior, and all of this takes place quietly in the span of 27 seconds and maybe one person sees it and gives you both the “eek” face? That’s what probably happened. Like, Cynthia Frelund was ten feet away and saw it happen while Connor Hughes was across the room annoying a group of people with his golf stories and Frelund texts Wolfe with the eek face emoji in a haha wow tone that she doesn’t think amounts to much but some fun gossip that she repeats during the wrap of the podcast. A week later, Connor Hughes is in his garage on his golf simulator and Woody Johnson’s assistant’s assistant calls in the favor-demand to Hughes to tweet out testimony of a thing he did not see occur AND to state that Woody took Saleh out to dinner, which disproves nothing but would be a detail that Woody Inc would want included as a piece of circumstantial evidence that would suggest everything between he and Saleh was fine 24/7/365. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

She said it was a “reliable source” who was at the party. She’s friendly with every insider and media personality in the industry. Have you ever been to a gathering with your wife and you have one of those little micro-arguments? Like, you’ve had two fingers of scotch and she’s like “maybe slow down a little bit?” and you’re like “maybe be enthusiastic about having sex again?” and she’s like “maybe use that Peloton we bought for your birthday?” and you’re like “excuse me, we bought?” and she’s like “oh **** you” and you’re like “yeah thought so” and she’s like “you’re ******* drunk” and you’re about to fire back with the verbal killshot but you’re a little drunk and opt to bite your tongue because using a verbal killshot while plausibly drunk is top-shelf alimony behavior, and all of this takes place quietly in the span of 27 seconds and maybe one person sees it and gives you both the “eek” face? 

Why the hell are you stalking my wife and I??

uki5ixe9cdz71.gif.19767b316ea05b0c260b1efcabb3da19.gif

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Like, Cynthia Frelund was ten feet away and saw it happen while Connor Hughes was across the room annoying a group of people with his golf stories and Frelund texts Wolfe with the eek face emoji in a haha wow tone that she doesn’t think amounts to much but some fun gossip that she repeats during the wrap of the podcast. A week later, Connor Hughes is in his garage on his golf simulator and Woody Johnson’s assistant’s assistant calls in the favor-demand to Hughes to tweet out testimony of a thing he did not see occur AND to state that 

LMFAO!!!!!!!!   Classic!

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Have you ever been to a gathering with your wife and you have one of those little micro-arguments? Like, you’ve had two fingers of scotch and she’s like “maybe slow down a little bit?” and you’re like “maybe be enthusiastic about having sex again?” and she’s like “maybe use that Peloton we bought for your birthday?” and you’re like “excuse me, we bought?” and she’s like “oh **** you” and you’re like “yeah thought so” and she’s like “you’re ******* drunk” and you’re about to fire back with the verbal killshot but you’re a little drunk and opt to bite your tongue because using a verbal killshot while plausibly drunk is top-shelf alimony behavior, and all of this takes place quietly in the span of 27 seconds and maybe one person sees it and gives you both the “eek” face? That’s what probably happened. 

Agents Of Shield Marvel GIF by ABC Network

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2