Hypothetical: What would the draft talk be if the Jets had lost 1 more game and were picking 6th?

11 hours ago, derp said:

From my perspective it would be quite different.

Right now there’s a good chance at least one of the guys everybody’s talking about at 10 goes 20 or later. If they were at six nobody in consideration would go after pick 10.

They’d be pretty much assured one of the top four position players in the draft and/or a strong trade down package.

Any of the Washington, Giants, first Bills, or maybe Eagles games could’ve very easily been a loss too.

If the Jets lost 1 more game I think Woody has to clean house or give Douglas a long extension.

Picking at 6 makes the pick more valuable for future years by either trading back for a future 1st or taking a QB.  

A lame duck GM isn’t going to do either.  He will do what gives him the best chance to save his job or make him appealing to another job.  

This is why I think the Jets are hell bent on taking a WR or god forbid Bowers.  JD isn’t going to reap the rewards of developing a OT or QB if this team doesn’t make the playoffs so he will draft a player to help immediately IMO which will be either Odunze or Bowers 🤮.

23 hours ago, Dcat said:

EIther they trade down from 6 for a massive haul from a team needing a QB or they pick Alt/Odunze/Nabors.  /end thread.

Or jets trade down from 6 ( or 10 now ) and include Zach Wilson in the trade. Then the haul in return is not so massive .

On 4/6/2024 at 9:49 AM, TuscanyTile2 said:

It's just that easy?  How about our current draft situation at 1.10 then?  Just as easy?  

Easy as in we pick the best player who falls to us put of odunze, bowers or fashanu. That's pretty much it unless JD goes full retard again like he did last year