Dane Brugler 7-Round Mock

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Asked why not the Jets, he said the Jets should shoot for Odunze or, failing that, take the tackle. 

And Ive said I'd take the WR's over Bowers.  Not one of the T's though.

And I will be vindicated when it's all said and done.  No gif needed.  Bite me.

• Upvote 2

On 4/17/2024 at 9:09 PM, SR24 said:

That backup OL will be a starter by week 4. Idk why people think AVT/Smith and Moses are locks to be healthy given their histories. I also don’t know what everyone sees in Mitchell and Warren to think they can be adequate subs in a win now season. Bahktiari has played 13 games in 3 seasons, he’s not a viable option either. OL is the smartest pick they can make it’s just boring 

Maybe because Warren missed most of camp with injuries and still played reasonably well without proper reps in practice. Way easier to think he would be better based on his being on the team and having a proper off season than a rookie that could get Arod killed. Mitchell also showed flashes. I don't want a rookie protecting Arod next year unless it's Alt.

Let’s look at this way:

These players will definitely miss time next season.  Hopefully not more than 8 games.  To assume that is not the case is delusional and not based on past experience and/or age:

• Tyron Smith
  • Morgan Moses
  • AVT
  • Mike Williams.

In addition, if Garrett Wilson or the other OL go down, the Jets are also screwed.   Currently guys like Max Mitchell, Brownlee, Gipson, etc. are on the roster backing up starters.  So in my opinion.

• If the Jets are picking at 10, this is the board.
    • Odunze (WR2 and can stretch the field).
    • Bowers (acts as WR3 in 2024)
    • Fuaga (can back up RT and RG).
    • i don’t think we need anymore options in the first
    • in Rd 3, take best available WR or OL, depending on what we took in Rd 1.   
    • this is not complicated, this the only option.
  • If the Jets can trade down, which to me is better, they can hopefully get 2-3 of the following players.  This can also allow them to use the/one of the round 3 picks for a S or LB, which they need.  I think they should go OT, WR and IOL on a trade down.  So let’s try and get:
    • Guyton
    • Fantanu
    • Paul
    • Barton
    • Latham
    • Leggett
    • Morley
    • Pearsall
    • I like the trade down MUCH BETTER for this team. 
    • You get the idea
  • But it is an absolute necessity to improve the WR and OT/OL backups in the first three round of this draft.  BPA baloney.    If the Jets don’t do that, the season, and JD/Saleh, are done. 
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, varjet said:

Let’s look at this way:

These players will definitely miss time next season.  Hopefully not more than 8 games.  To assume that is not the case is delusional and not based on past experience and/or age:

• Tyron Smith
  • Morgan Moses
  • AVT
  • Mike Williams.

In addition, if Garrett Wilson or the other OL go down, the Jets are also screwed.   Currently guys like Max Mitchell, Brownlee, Gipson, etc. are on the roster backing up starters.  So in my opinion.

• If the Jets can trade down, which to me is better, they can hopefully get 2-3 of the following players.  This can also allow them to use the/one of the round 3 picks for a S or LB, which they need.  I think they should go OT, WR and IOL on a trade down.  So let’s try and get:
    • Guyton
    • Fantanu
    • Paul
    • Barton
    • Latham
    • Leggett
    • Morley
    • Pearsall
    • You get the idea
  • But it is an absolute necessity to improve the WR and OT/OL backups in the first three round of this draft.  BPA baloney.    If the Jets don’t do that, the season, and JD/Saleh, are done. 

Odunze/Nabers are special but I don’t see either falling to 10. Maybe 8 and a possible trade up with Falcons. The OL is deep so round 3 is a must OL pick if JD doesn’t have to sacrifice it. Fuaga is a RT not a LT. That eliminates him right off the bat. Substitute Fantanau or Fashanau in there. No need for Bowers, total luxury pick and we are in a non luxury mode. 
Trade down is smart IF Odunze/Nabers are gone. BUT you need a trade partner. Good thing is, Penix has garnered a lot hype recently and could be 5th QB taken in top 10. Raiders, Broncos are desperate. I can see either pulling off a trade for him as they will be jockeying position to take him. Trade back offers more options since Odunze/ Nabers going to Chargers/ Giants respectively.  Ultimately, a trade back gets us a 2 for 1 to improve the depth of the roster: an extra 2nd or 3rd gives JD a lot of flexibility - he can Fill in 2 important needs OL, WR or defense :LB, S.

36 minutes ago, varjet said:

Let’s look at this way:

• Tyron Smith
  • Morgan Moses
  • AVT
  • Mike Williams.

• Guyton
    • Fantanu
    • Paul
    • Barton
    • Latham
    • Leggett
    • Morley
    • Pearsall
    • You get the idea

I upvoted this because your trade down scenario--an additional third rounder--is very realistic, underscores how much talent is available lower in the first round, and is totally the way to go (even if Odunze or Fuaga are there).

2 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

Odunze/Nabers are special but I don’t see either falling to 10. Maybe 8 and a possible trade up with Falcons. The OL is deep so round 3 is a must OL pick if JD doesn’t have to sacrifice it. Fuaga is a RT not a LT. That eliminates him right off the bat. Substitute Fantanau or Fashanau in there. No need for Bowers, total luxury pick and we are in a non luxury mode. 

I am not a GM or Scout, nor do I play one on TV. 

From what I have read, I think Fashanu is a LT only type, not even as flexible as Broderick Jones, and his lack of physicality/hand size would not make him an OL I or Jd would necessarily want.  We want players who punch people in the face.  

Fantanu seems to be a poor man’s AVT-I think AVT is actually the better prospect as a player, although AVT’s arms are shorter.  I like Fantanu in the high teens, so he was on my trade down list.  

I see Fashanu as a player a team that needs a LT rolls the dice on and hope he becomes another Brick.  I think Fuaga can back up RT, RG and maybe even play LT in a pinch, and there is also Carter Warren for LT.  That is why I liked Fuaga.  

I am grouping Bowers in the WR/Weapon category, kind of how Kyle Pitts was viewed.  The Jets need another weapon.  I thought he would be more useful than BTJ at this stage.   If the Jets lost Williams and/or Garrett Wilson, they would have to create an offense that relied on the young WRs, Bowers, Conklin, etc.   That would not be as good as Odunze, but it would be something.  At 10, I think those are the options. 

But yes, I would rather Odunze and Paul/Rosengarten, etc., or Guyton/Fantanu/Barton and Leggett/Pearsall than Bowers and Paul/Rosengarten.  

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, varjet said:

From what I have read, I think Fashanu is a LT only type, not even as flexible as Broderick Jones, and his lack of physicality/hand size would not make him an OL I or Jd would necessarily want.  We want players who punch people in the face.  

Fantanu seems to be a poor man’s AVT-I think AVT is actually the better prospect as a player, although AVT’s arms are shorter.  I like Fantanu in the high teens, so he was on my trade down list.  

I see Fashanu as a player a team that needs a LT rolls the dice on and hope he becomes another Brick.  I think Fuaga can back up RT, RG and maybe even play LT in a pinch, and there is also Carter Warren for LT.  That is why I liked Fuaga.  

I am grouping Bowers in the WR/Weapon category, kind of how Kyle Pitts was viewed.  The Jets need another weapon.  I thought he would be more useful than BTJ at this stage.   If the Jets lost Williams and/or Garrett Wilson, they would have to create an offense that relied on the young WRs, Bowers, Conklin, etc.   That would not be as good as Odunze, but it would be something.  At 10, I think those are the options. 

But yes, I would rather Odunze and Paul/Rosengarten, etc., or Guyton/Fantanu/Barton and Leggett/Pearsall than Bowers and Paul/Rosengarten.  

Fautanu is a natural LT, more valuable than avt for this reason.  

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, varjet said:

Fashanua is a blue chip LT, Fuaga a blue chip RT. Fantaua can play either RT or LT well.  Bowers is a luxury pick. We have 2 TE's and we are developing Ruckert. Conlkin had a very good year with scrub QB's. Let that sink in.  With Rodgers he could have a Pro Bowl year.  Bowers is not a WR, more like an H-Back but we need a WR that can strecth the field. If Odunze is gone so will Nabers be gone.  At that point, you trade out and take the OL in round 1 and you now have an extra 2nd or 3rd rounder to add to the roster:  4 picks in round 2/3/4  S, LB, OL WR.  So many electric WR's in round 3 available.  Would love to see Mims tackle in rd 1, LB Cooper in round 2, OT Rosengarten or OT Arrmedgie in round 3, WR Malik Washington round 4 and a safety or guard with the 2nd 4th.   

2 hours ago, varjet said:

Odunze won't be there. Chicago will pick him with the 9th pick. They have D.J. Moore and Keenan Allen which put up great numbers last year, but after that, they have nothing else in their wideouts.  

7 hours ago, JustInFudge said:

And Ive said I'd take the WR's over Bowers.  Not one of the T's though.

And I will be vindicated when it's all said and done.  No gif needed.  Bite me.

This gif is needed.  And since you sound confident on this one, I'll send it out early.

LifetimeAchievementAward-PrinceTakingBows.gif.3bb50b44b63ee80d1d39c7ca3a95d085.gif

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Maynard13 said:

If Odunze is gone so will Nabers be gone.

I disagree. I see Odunze being a better interview, safer pick, and more likely to get drafted by teams that already have speed and want contested catch ability (i.e., Giants).

I see Nabers being the one that slides.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

Odunze won't be there. Chicago will pick him with the 9th pick. They have D.J. Moore and Keenan Allen which put up great numbers last year, but after that, they have nothing else in their wideouts.  

After those TWO WR1s they have a TE that had 73 receptions last year (tied-7th).