Because I'm Bored, Here is my Predicted 2024 Jets Practice Squad

I love that you do these things, Sarge. Only thing I’d say is that right now I’d have Yeboah making the roster. He contributes on specials and, while I don’t like to make any sort of big deal about spring practices, it sure has sounded like Yeboah has looked good on offense and Kuntz still looks raw. But specials could really be the key with the new KO rules. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Criteria for Being on the Practice Squad:

1. Have to Not Make the 53 Man Roster
  2. Have to Not be Claimed or Sign with Another Team
  3. Have to Meet the Criteria for Accrued Years of NFL Service

Guess at 2024 Practice Squad:

1. Some QB Not Currently on the Roster (Travis isn't making it through waivers and Peasley isn't the guy)
  2. Tarik Cohen RB (I think Izzy Abanikanda makes it as of now)
  3. Jason Brownlee WR (Could be claimed by another team - Irvin Charles claims the last WR spot)
  4. Tyler Harrell WR (Athletic kid with potential)
  5. Kenny Yeboah TE (Like him a lot, but it's a numbers game at TE)
  6. Jake Hanson OL (Xavier Newman takes the final OL spot)
  7. Brady Latham OL  (A player I think will play A LOT in the preseason)
  8. Willie Tyler OL (Big kid with position versatility)
  9.  Obinna Eze OL (International Pathway Program – Roster Exemption)
  10. Leonard Taylor III DL (Another player we should see a lot in the preseason - does he flash enough athleticism/potential)
  11. Braiden McGregor Edge (If we cut him, it will be very hard to hold on to him)
  12. Jalyn Holmes DL (Another player I really like who might be the very last person cut)
  13. Marcelino McCrary-Ball LB (Solid backup and special teamer)
  14. Jimmy Ciarlo LB (Not a great athlete but seems like a perfect scheme fit for the Jets)
  15. Brandon Codrington CB (Small school athlete who can return kicks, if that is still a thing)
  16. Myles Jones CB  (Big kid who projects as a safety)
  17. Jaylen Key S(LB) (Mr. Irrelevant should play a lot in the pre-season, but he has a hard row to hoe to make the roster)

Disagree with 4 of the first 5 but so many things can happen between now and September

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

Tanzel finally avoiding the PS?

It's possible he could be on the PS again.  If we have some injuries there or if Taylor doesn't show potential in the pre-season, Smart could be right back in the mix.  Right now we have 4 locks at interior DL - Quinnen, Kinlaw, Thomas, and Fotu. And we have Clemons who could be a hybrid type IDL/DE. Barring injuries, we might only need 1 or 2 IDLs on the Practice Squad - it could be Smart or Hector or both or neither. I think the team really wants Taylor to show enough to at least be a viable contributor from the practice squad - we'll have to see if that happens

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Travis hasn't done any on-field work yet, that I am aware of.  The Jets might be looking to park him on PUP for the early part of the season.

Or the whole season. Save the roster spot and protect the player. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, mrcoops said:

Travis hasn't done any on-field work yet, that I am aware of.  The Jets might be looking to park him on PUP for the early part of the season.

thats a good idea too. 

• Upvote 1

Excellent job!  That said, I'm pretty sure that Yeboah makes the team.  Also, Cohen was taking a lot of snaps with the 1s in OTAs.  I get that it was only OTAs, but with his return ability, if he has anything remotely resembling the speed and quickness he had with the Bears, I think he makes the team over Izzy.

• Upvote 2

On 6/13/2024 at 5:57 PM, slats said:

Or the whole season. Save the roster spot and protect the player. 

If jets aren’t putting three QBs on their 53 man roster it’s better to iR him with mysterious injury for the year.    There is no time during the season for third string qb to get the time needed to develop.    That’s what the whole offseason is important for that developing qb as that’s the only time coaches have the time to give that player.

On 6/13/2024 at 8:48 AM, Sarge4Tide said:

1. Some QB Not Currently on the Roster (Travis isn't making it through waivers and Peasley isn't the guy)
  3. Jason Brownlee WR (Could be claimed by another team - Irvin Charles claims the last WR spot)
  10. Leonard Taylor III DL (Another player we should see a lot in the preseason - does he flash enough athleticism/potential)
  11. Braiden McGregor Edge (If we cut him, it will be very hard to hold on to him)
  12. Jalyn Holmes DL (Another player I really like who might be the very last person cut)
  14. Jimmy Ciarlo LB (Not a great athlete but seems like a perfect scheme fit for the Jets)
  15. Brandon Codrington CB (Small school athlete who can return kicks, if that is still a thing)
  17. Jaylen Key S(LB) (Mr. Irrelevant should play a lot in the pre-season, but he has a hard row to hoe to make the roster)

Sarge, why so high on Latham? A hunch?

On 6/13/2024 at 9:48 AM, Sarge4Tide said:

i always wonder if GM's have some kind of an inside pact not to steal each others third string QB's :) 

• Upvote 1