Michael Mayer - Trade Candidate?

9 hours ago, Mogglez said:

1. Luke Getsy is the other half of the Hackett/Getsy duo that gets credit for Aaron Rodgers being Aaron Rodgers.  If you want a good look at how “unpredictable” your offense will look like this year, just go watch some 2023 Jets games.

2. it’s actually insulting to anyone that watches football that you compared these two players:

IMG_8053.thumb.jpeg.06c2557346b9d55f866aed96127096be.jpeg

IMG_8052.thumb.jpeg.68edb5f32661f67780a2cb837fee08db.jpeg

…and walked away saying that the 2nd one, from the Raiders, was better, along with his unproven rookie teammate.

3.  Mayer did stop sh*t when it came to Jermaine Johnson.  He and Quinnen Williams combined for a sack, he deflected a pass, hit the QB a second time, and had 2 solo TFLs.

IMG_7913.jpeg.59ee943a0598d1404abf06dd1645a411.jpeg

I pointed this out to you weeks ago, but your only retort was to tell me that the Jets suck (trust me, we know this) and that our fans can’t talk about anyone because we only won 7 games in 2023, as if your team hasn’t been one of the most embarrassing franchises in the league since the 2002-2003 season, who only won 8 games last year, themselves.

first off Cole Kmet went to Norte Dame , so did Michael Mayer .  Michael Mayer was the better te and any Nd  fan will tell you so.    Michael MAYER should won the Mackey award the one year over B Bowers .    fact raiders have two( really three Mackey award winners ). Harrison Bryant is third Te. ( another Mackey award winner)  
Go watch the tape Jermaine Johnson did not get sack on Mayer . Watch when m Mayer picked him up one on one he totally handled him with ease. fact    Show me where M Mayer was blocking him one one one he got his sack- never happened.  Go show me where he beat him.  

Second the Raiders needed m Mayer blocking more last year , and he was underutilized last year in the passing game .    That what you don’t grasp.   When the Raiders fired their head coach Josh Mcdaniels they pretty much fired their offense coordinator too.   They hired an offensive coordinator that never did it before, and went with a third string Qb AOC ( clearly was the best) who had to learn about guys he never threw too, and had come up with an offense on the fly.       You’re going to judge him off that situation.   Let’s see who puts up better stats in 2024 Cole Kmet or Michael Mayer .  Michael Mayer will be a top five Te .  So will Bowers in time. 

you guys crack me up . A rookie te who had to learn to block on the professional level .  That took him awhile and became very good at it .  But you’re going to tell me a 27 year old Michael Clemmons( lemon)  who hasn’t done anything going to break out. What’s more believable a 22 year old going on his second season developing into one best or a 27 year old who hasn’t done 💩 yet .    That’s like saying Jeremy Ruckert going to be a star who didn’t do anything in college or the pros.   Please

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, neckdemon said:

aidan o'connel? lmfbo!!!!
raiders are gonna suck sweaty ballsack and like it

People are really underrating the kid. His  accuracy and anticipation ( throws well before receiver even out of his break) is elite .       He has so many weapons at his disposal .   Watch this Dylan Laube - third down back.   ( pick him up late in fantasy ) might see Bowers  at Fb ,and Laube at Rb.    going to be nightmare for defense. 

They can put Wr Tre Tucker at rb .   They move him outside before the snap - good luck a safety or lb having to cover him .( ask Derwin James who he beat three times  Was pretty easy too- like taking candy from a baby. 

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't think they will at this time, but I also don't think its realistic for them to go heavy on the 2-TE sets.  Lot's of teams say they'll use more 2-TE sets every offseason and yet no one actually does it.  At least not since the Gronk/Hernandez Patriots.

One of their 2 TEs will become expendable eventually, and it probably isn't going to be Bowers.  Maybe some time in 2025 we'll see the Raiders look to move him, assuming Bowers is the goods.

No team does it because no teams have two real Tightends . ( that can equal block and catch the football.  They usually have one that’s a receiver and a blocker .     The Raiders have three Harrison Bryant is another guy who can do both .    B bowers probably going to take him a year before he’s capable of blocking the top des, but he doesn’t have to as they have Michael Mayer to do that.   He can play Fb, Rb, Te, Wr, and line up in the slot where he can easily block the cbs, safeties, and lbs.   In 2025 B Bowers will also be just as good inline blocker as M Mayer. 
The Raiders will play both tes all over the field both could be at Wr.     You put a Cb or a safety both will bury them in the running game.      All their offense lineman can run easily get out to second level .      A team like the Jets who Des are really lbs not a good thing.  Can you say pound them into submission.  A lot of outside zone runs.    There offense line will chop block q Williams as he tries to get outside. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Jet fans taking rookie year stats and basing opposing players career outlook on those.

Too funny. 

Especially in response to someone taking this same rookie stats and basing their star predictions off of those same numbers. 
Coming from you and your pimping of players, now that’s hysterical 

9 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

People are really underrating the kid. His  accuracy and anticipation ( throws well before receiver even out of his break) is elite .       He has so many weapons at his disposal .   Watch this Dylan Laube - third down back.   ( pick him up late in fantasy ) might see Bowers  at Fb ,and Laube at Rb.    going to be nightmare for defense. 

They can put Wr Tre Tucker at rb .   They move him outside before the snap - good luck a safety or lb having to cover him .( ask Derwin James who he beat three times  Was pretty easy too- like taking candy from a baby. 

8 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

No team does it because no teams have two real Tightends . ( that can equal block and catch the football.  They usually have one that’s a receiver and a blocker .     The Raiders have three Harrison Bryant is another guy who can do both .    B bowers probably going to take him a year before he’s capable of blocking the top des, but he doesn’t have to as they have Michael Mayer to do that.   He can play Fb, Rb, Te, Wr, and line up in the slot where he can easily block the cbs, safeties, and lbs.   In 2025 B Bowers will also be just as good inline blocker as M Mayer. 
The Raiders will play both tes all over the field both could be at Wr.     You put a Cb or a safety both will bury them in the running game.      All their offense lineman can run easily get out to second level .      A team like the Jets who Des are really lbs not a good thing.  Can you say pound them into submission.  A lot of outside zone runs.    There offense line will chop block q Williams as he tries to get outside. 

Do you think it’s possible with so many weapons and elites QB play that the Raiders will have the best offense in the history of Football?  They have 2 great kickers, ya know!? 

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Especially in response to someone taking this same rookie stats and basing their star predictions off of those same numbers. 
Coming from you and your pimping of players, now that’s hysterical 

You know how many times Mayer was running free behind a defense only not to be thrown the football.  This is just one of many such instances .   Why can say despite his rookie stats will be a top five Te in the NFL. no doubt about it.

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who Cares Larry David GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

Btw You’re the dummy because this title is trading for Michael Mayer.   You didn’t care why are you in the thread .  Learn to read, because a mind is terrible thing to waste. 
 Btw enjoy this as much as I enjoyed this.  

9 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Running 2 TE sets in 2024 is a good offensive idea not just for the Raiders who do have 2 TEs to run it but also for the jets.  So much emphasis has been put on 3 and 4 WR sets that going with 2 TEs would likely take teams out of their best defensive personnel and force them to have an additional LB on the field.  

The key is you need a QB to be able to get into the right call when you are in an offense like that.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

first off Cole Kmet went to Norte Dame , so did Michael Mayer .  Michael Mayer was the better te and any Nd  fan will tell you so.    Michael MAYER should won the Mackey award the one year over B Bowers .    fact raiders have two( really three Mackey award winners ). Harrison Bryant is third Te. ( another Mackey award winner)  
Go watch the tape Jermaine Johnson did not get sack on Mayer . Watch when m Mayer picked him up one on one he totally handled him with ease. fact    Show me where M Mayer was blocking him one one one he got his sack- never happened.  Go show me where he beat him.  

Second the Raiders needed m Mayer blocking more last year , and he was underutilized last year in the passing game .    That what you don’t grasp.   When the Raiders fired their head coach Josh Mcdaniels they pretty much fired their offense coordinator too.   They hired an offensive coordinator that never did it before, and went with a third string Qb AOC ( clearly was the best) who had to learn about guys he never threw too, and had come up with an offense on the fly.       You’re going to judge him off that situation.   Let’s see who puts up better stats in 2024 Cole Kmet or Michael Mayer .  Michael Mayer will be a top five Te .  So will Bowers in time. 

you guys crack me up . A rookie te who had to learn to block on the professional level .  That took him awhile and became very good at it .  But you’re going to tell me a 27 year old Michael Clemmons( lemon)  who hasn’t done anything going to break out. What’s more believable a 22 year old going on his second season developing into one best or a 27 year old who hasn’t done 💩 yet .    That’s like saying Jeremy Ruckert going to be a star who didn’t do anything in college or the pros.   Please

This post is, easily, one of the most unhinged rants I’ve ever seen posted on this forum.  The ensuing ones are just as bad.

You are absolutely FROTHING at the the mouth because I dared to say that Mayer has to actually prove he is a superstar before the homer Raiders fans tell me that he is “ackshully” a top TE in the league.  I think I saw something in there about Micheal Clemons (lemon???????).  When the F*CK did I say anything about Clemons; or any unproven Jets player being a star, for that matter?

So far YOU have told us that Mayer (who hasn’t done sh*t yet), Bowers (who hasn’t stepped on an NFL field yet), and Aidan O’Connell (who is probably not going to start this season unless it all unravels to sh*t for LV), are stars in waiting.  They aren’t.  They’re all unproven.  I saw the same Baldinger highlights for Mekhi Becton, who accomplished more than 2 of the 3 players you mentioned when his rookie year was over, and he ended up sucking when it was all said and done.  Furthermore, you don’t have this conversation next season.  You have this conversation 3 years from now when they’ve done things consistently and you have a good understanding of what the player is.

• Upvote 3

13 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

In 2025 B Bowers will also be just as good inline blocker as M Mayer. 

There is no way you looked at the builds of both of these guys and actually believe this.  If Brock Bowers is sent out to block the big boys, he and his 55 year old man hairline will be sent into the shadow realm.

I am saying this as a FAN of the guy.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

O’Connell is decent.  Mayer stinks

Sam Laporta as a fellow rookie had almost triple Mayer’s receiving yards last season 

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

You know how many times Mayer was running free behind a defense only not to be thrown the football.  This is just one of many such instances .   Why can say despite his rookie stats will be a top five Te in the NFL. no doubt about it.

Because your QBs suck.  
I remember when you sang the praises of O’Connell a year ago.  

12 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Why are you here?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Btw You’re the dummy because this title is trading for Michael Mayer.   You didn’t care why are you in the thread .  Learn to read, because a mind is terrible thing to waste. 
 Btw enjoy this as much as I enjoyed this.  

You write essays about the Raiders on a Jets message board, but I’m the dummy?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

O’Connell is decent.  Mayer stinks

Sam Laporta as a fellow rookie had almost triple Mayer’s receiving yards last season 

Mayer struggle as a rookie.  Unacceptable.  He stinks!

Cut him!!!!!!!

Jet fans……….

8 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

This is the play you use to show Mayer's untapped potential as a receiver?  I guess being ignored by the defense after chipping a DE and getting 3 yards beyond the line of scrimmage constitutes "running free behind a defense" in your mind.  Mayer did absolutely nothing extraordinary on this play.  It isn't even a great scheme.  It mostly seems like a breakdown by the defense in a routine situation.

Yes, Mayer looks like he can block a little.  But until he actually puts up even halfway-decent receiving numbers, he projects more to be the next Kyle Brady, not the next Gronkowski.  For gods sake, even the oft-maligned Tyler Conklin put up twice as many yards with Zach Wilson as his quarterback.

To keep things fresh, please go back to telling us how Jakobi Meyers is a #1-caliber receiver even though he's a 5-year veteran whose next 1,000-yard (or even 900-yard) season will be his first.

• Haha 1

On 7/6/2024 at 8:08 AM, BCJet said:

Running 2 TE sets in 2024 is a good offensive idea not just for the Raiders who do have 2 TEs to run it but also for the jets.  So much emphasis has been put on 3 and 4 WR sets that going with 2 TEs would likely take teams out of their best defensive personnel and force them to have an additional LB on the field.  

The key is you need a QB to be able to get into the right call when you are in an offense like that.  

From my understanding there will always be multiple plays.   One - everyone on offense knows as it’s the play called .   Than there will be one only the Tes, and the Qb knows .      What defensive alignment a defense is in will dictate if that tightend getting the ball.  Regardless if that wasn’t the play called in huddle. 

On 7/6/2024 at 11:04 AM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Why are you here?

Entertainment and for laughs.    You Jet fans never disappoint ,  it’s like expecting greatness , and you know somehow it’s going to all blow up in their face. ( can’t have nice things) .   Maybe as met fan , it’s good to see other fanbase experience what you go through every year. 

5 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Entertainment and for laughs.    You Jet fans never disappoint ,  it’s like expecting greatness , and you know somehow it’s going to all blow up in their face. ( can’t have nice things) .   Maybe as met fan , it’s good to see other fanbase experience what you go through every year. 

Holy projection Batman!  Roughly 80 % of Jets fans know we suck and will f**k it all up.  You're the one who thinks the Raiders are going to the SB every summer and yet we all know how its gone for you guys every season for the last 22 years.  How can you not see that by now?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

From my understanding there will always be multiple plays.   One - everyone on offense knows as it’s the play called .   Than there will be one only the Tes, and the Qb knows .      What defensive alignment a defense is in will dictate if that tightend getting the ball.  Regardless if that wasn’t the play called in huddle. 

What about using Mayer and Bowers in the student body?

30 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

What’s Josh McDonalds getting paid by the raiders to do nothing this year? $10 million?  

What’s Gruden getting paid to do nothing? $12 million?

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Maybe he can learn to run faster 

If you know anything about football you know speed has no factor in how successful a te would be,  Travis Kelce runs a 4.7 .  If it was sole determination Zack Zuntz would be a star , but he can’t even make an average tightend room .      

1 minute ago, Raideraholic said:

If you know anything about football you know speed has no factor in how successful a te would be,  Travis Kelce runs a 4.7 .  If it was sole determination Zack Zuntz would be a star , but he can’t even make an average tightend room .      

So it’s a good thing Mayer and Bowers are both slow?

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Exactly.  Raiders are going where football is headed.  2 slow TEs in the same lineup, 2 elite kickers, a QB who looks like Farva and whose coach owes $28M in judgments.  CHAMPIONSHIPS.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Exactly.  Raiders are going where football is headed.  2 slow TEs with a QB who looks like Farva and whose coach is getting sued for $28M.  CHAMPIONSHIPS.

The raiders love making wierd 1st round picks.  Sebastian Janikowski.  Drafting Darius Heyward Bey over Crabtree and Jeremy Maclin 

• Upvote 1

On 7/6/2024 at 2:08 PM, Joe W. Namath said:

Mayer struggle as a rookie.  Unacceptable.  He stinks!

Cut him!!!!!!!

Jet fans……….

Mayer did struggle as a in-line blocker for good part of his rookie year .  ( his blocking needed work) By season end was very very good .  ( you can’t block as te you aren’t going to see the field.- talking traditional te that can do both. The fact is they needed his blocking ( due to injuries on offense line) that he stayed in more than you would like.  He was underutilized in the passing game.      There is no doubt about Michael Meyer receiving ability can make catches in traffic with guys all over him.     Luke Getsy offense is very Te friendly and he not going to be asked to stay in to block.     He will be big part of the Raiders offense .    Raiders this year will threaten the seams, and control the middle more this year.  
The Raiders should have an answer for any defense they see this year .( that’s how much talent / weapons they have on offense. 

3 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Mayer did struggle as a in-line blocker for good part of his rookie year .  ( his blocking needed work) By season end was very very good .  ( you can’t block as te you aren’t going to see the field.- talking traditional te that can do both. The fact is they needed his blocking ( due to injuries on offense line) that he stayed in more than you would like.  He was underutilized in the passing game.      There is no doubt about Michael Meyer receiving ability can make catches in traffic with guys all over him.     Luke Getsy offense is very Te friendly and he not going to be asked to stay in to block.     He will be big part of the Raiders offense .    Raiders this year will threaten the seams, and control the middle more this year.  
The Raiders should have an answer for any defense they see this year .( that’s how much talent / weapons they have on offense. 

Dude.  Even the Raiders don’t think they’ll be nearly as good as you think they’ll be this year. 

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Okay Brock Bowers was one of the best players in the Sec .  He’s a generational tightend prospect, and was a top five talent in the draft.    He’s going to play everywhere Fb, Tight end , slot Wr , outside Wr , and Rb .   Some of you are so dumb if he’s so slow how can he line up everywhere.    M Mayer got behind the defense a lot last year - Jimmy g had no confidence in his arm to throw the ball deep.   
Keep saying these retarded things, you just going to make yourself look like bigger fool than you’re.   

Will Brock Bowers struggle as in line blocker his rookie year( against des ). Yes but they have a guy Michael Mayer who’s very proficient in that.  Put your Cb, safety, and lb  and he will easily man  handle all of them. ( going to destroy them)

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Dude.  Even the Raiders don’t think they’ll be nearly as good as you think they’ll be this year. 

I don’t know what you’re talking about.  Raiders players want to be the number one defense in football next year.   Expect to be one best defenses in football. These guys been working out together all year by themselves .   There offense line going to be very very good ( young offense line as their best Kolton Miller just turned 29.  Jackson powers Johnson 21 A James 27. D Parham 24 , T Munford 24 ( team averaged 5.2 yards running behind him) .   They have so many weapons on offense it ridiculous.       They can put Wr  Tre Tucker at Rb .     What does a defense do .   They move him outside before the snap.   There is no lb, or safety staying with him man to man. ( you look like Derwin James after he burned him repeatly for multiple tds last year. 

This past draft might go down as one of their best .    Te Brock Bowers , Jackson Powers Johnson , Ot Dj Glaze( only slight reach). Cb Decamerion Richardson - has it all size and speed , Lb Tommy Eichenberg , Rb Dylan Laube ( watch this kid this year) , safety Trey Taylor , and Cb MJ Devonshire . 

• Haha 1

Love all the rationalization you put into defending a pick that was horrible in 2 different ways: 1. Raiders ignored the far more serious team deficiencies (no need for another TE using outrageous 1st round draft capital, no less), and 2.  Bowers value is not even a close to match the draft value spent to get him.    It will be fun watching you ignore all the Raiduh's team failures (just like you do here every season).  But I do like the head coach.  Raiders should be happy if they can reach 8 or 9 wins.  But they are more likely to finish 6-11 or 7-10 in my estimation.

• Upvote 1

This Raider fan is delusional and embarrasses himself yearly with the "Raiders are the greatest" nonsense and they suck every year.

But hes absolutely right about the Raiders tight end situation.  Michael Mayer is going to blow up in year 2 and Bowers was one of the top talents in the draft.  To argue otherwise is silly.

• Haha 1