Hassan Reddick Holding Out, Requests Trade

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I ask because I think you guys have taken his quote out of context. Cimini asks him if he’s looking to be here for one year or multiple years and Reddick answers that he’ll let his agents handle that with Douglas and he’ll “be here” for whatever they work out. He’s never asked if he’s going to be at camp without a new contract, even though that’s how Hughes and Rosenblatt have presented Reddick’s comment

All I have is that it was reported that while Reddick was in for his physical, that he told multiple coaches he would be there for training camp. 

Now, I know you don’t like to believe “reports”, particularly when they don’t fit your narrative of the day, or they conflict with whispers in your ear, but no one in Reddick’s camp has declined any of these insinuations. 

Something changed. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Mind-blowing insight.

People who have morals and think they're important are children.

Got it chief.

Good to know where you stand.

People who have morals and think they're important don't wish women would just shut up and show their t!ts, chief

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

All I have is that it was reported that while Reddick was in for his physical, that he told multiple coaches he would be there for training camp. 

Now, I know you don’t like to believe “reports”, particularly when they don’t fit your narrative of the day, or they conflict with whispers in your ear, but no one in Reddick’s camp has declined any of these insinuations. 

Something changed. 

There are multiple reports stating this.

We can play the other side of this coin to @T0mShane show me where, in that press conference, where Reddick said he wouldn't report to any off-season activities without a new contract?

Everything he said indicated that he was thrilled to be a part of the Jets organization.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Something changed. 

Right, but those reports (from iirc Cimini) also included that Reddick’s camp believed Douglas would continue to negotiate a new deal and, apparently, that went away.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Right, but those reports (from iirc Cimini) also included that Reddick’s camp believed Douglas would continue to negotiate a new deal and, apparently, that went away.

Actually got this from Hughes (I know, I know). 

included in there was the Jets would only negotiate with him in the camp. I can respect that aspect of things, as it gives the appropriate look to teammates, who are in a similar boat as Reddick (playing on a final year of a deal). 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Brain Costello & Connor Hughes reported the same thing- as did others.

Google is your friend, do a search and see for yourself.

14 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Brain Costello & Connor Hughes reported the same thing- as did others.

Google is your friend, do a search and see for yourself.

You are saying these things exist without providing evidence. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Actually got this from Hughes (I know, I know). 

included in there was the Jets would only negotiate with him in the camp. I can respect that aspect of things, as it gives the appropriate look to teammates, who are in a similar boat as Reddick (playing on a final year of a deal). 

I mean, if Hughes is reporting that, it’s safe to say that it’s the Jets official spin. It’s hard to see how Reddick’s location should make a material difference in whether or not the contract gets done.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I mean, if Hughes is reporting that, it’s safe to say that it’s the Jets official spin. It’s hard to see how Reddick’s location should make a material difference in whether or not the contract gets done.

Then Reddicks camp should rebuke it. They haven’t. 

i stated why the Jets feel location is important, and I understand it. Sets precedent for the next guy that wants to pull the same stunt. 

Protects them from doing anything more stupid. 

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Then Reddicks camp should rebuke it. They haven’t. 

i stated why the Jets feel location is important, and I understand it. Sets precedent for the next guy that wants to pull the same stunt. 

Protects them from doing anything more stupid. 

Yeah, I guess I don’t see the value in Reddick’s camp throwing a text to Connor Hughes to rebut some Jets org spin. Almost universally in the media space, the Jets are the party taking fire for how this has been handled. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah, I guess I don’t see the value in Reddick’s camp throwing a text to Connor Hughes to rebut some Jets org spin. Almost universally in the media space, the Jets are the party taking fire for how this has been handled. 

Normally in these circumstances it is one scribe getting the team side of it, and some other s scribe the player/agent side. A la Dick Young and other scribes in the Seaver fiasco. 

Reddicks reps are doing him a disservice if the current narrative is false, because he is taking a PR hit. Usually with agents the size that Reddick has, they would be shifting the attention away from him. That they are not doing that is telling to me. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Normally in these circumstances it is one scribe getting the team side of it, and some other s scribe the player/agent side. A la Dick Young and other scribes in the Seaver fiasco. 

Reddicks reps are doing him a disservice if the current narrative is false, because he is taking a PR hit. Usually with agents the size that Reddick has, they would be shifting the attention away from him. That they are not doing that is telling to me. 

There is no anti-Reddick chatter outside of this message board that I’ve encountered. Most of the reaction is exasperation with Douglas and the Jets for getting themselves into this mess in the first place. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF? 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

It doesn't matter what the narrative is, or if he's not operating in good faith, or if Colin cowherd says more nonsense about Rodgers or the jets. 

Reddick knows we need him and there is no real way of getting around that. Why? Because Joe Douglas put himself in checkmate 

• Post of the Week 1
  • More Ugh 1

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Wasn’t like this when I handled my business.  Our word meant something.  
I don’t get the JD was naive because he took a public statement at face value.  
im glad I don’t work in a world where your word has no value and where the person taking someone at their word is blamed for being naive.  

You are free to take whatever risks you wish with your own business. JD is paid to represent the interests of someone else’s business. He has been derelict in this case.

2 hours ago, Testaverde9819 said:

It doesn't matter what the narrative is, or if he's not operating in good faith, or if Colin cowherd says more nonsense about Rodgers or the jets. 

Reddick knows we need him and there is no real way of getting around that. Why? Because Joe Douglas put himself in checkmate 

Everyone saying JD is blameless here because Reddick “lied” or whatever are desperately trying to twist the narrative. No one is saying lying is totally cool (if that’s even what happened here).

We are saying that it is a foreseeable and known phenomenon in life and business (JD has done plenty of it himself), you’d have to be naive not to recognize that, and therefore JD should’ve better protected the Jets.

To somehow sit here and paint JD as some innocent babe in the woods who was victimized by a villainous Reddick, is absurd. JD has been an NFL GM for years. Before that he learned under two greats: Newsom and Roseman. He should’ve known better. I don’t think he’s an idiot, he probably just got caught up in the bon homie of the moment and let his guard down.

• Upvote 1

Everyone saying JD is blameless here because Reddick “lied” or whatever are desperately trying to twist the narrative. No one is saying lying is totally cool (if that’s even what happened here). We are saying that is a foreseeable and known phenomenon in life and business (he has done plenty of it himself), you’d have to be naive not to recognize that, and therefore JD should’ve better protected the Jets.
Fair point ... But the lesser of two weevils.

Reddick is at fault and JD should have had a plan. Both are true.

In pro sports morals don't really exist except for public consumption.... I hope they can work it out because the guy will help this team.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, jgb said:

Everyone saying JD is blameless here because Reddick “lied” or whatever are desperately trying to twist the narrative. No one is saying lying is totally cool (if that’s even what happened here).

We are saying that it is a foreseeable and known phenomenon in life and business (JD has done plenty of it himself), you’d have to be naive not to recognize that, and therefore JD should’ve better protected the Jets.

At the absolute very least if they didn't want to resign Huff for the price, then at least keep JFM and give more pass rush reps to McDonald. It just doesn't make any sense no matter how you look at it. 

I'm hoping they just sign ngakoue and trade Reddick for whatever. 

• Upvote 1
  • More Ugh 1

17 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Fair point ... But the lesser of two weevils.

Reddick is at fault and JD should have had a plan. Both are true.

In pro sports morals don't really exist except for public consumption.... I hope they can work it out because the guy will help this team.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I also don’t think it’s binary but JD is the head man here. He has to represent the Jets’ interests, just like Reddick and his agents are going to represent his own.

JD fell short of the mark on this one. Fortunately he has shown an ability to learn from mistakes so I bet he won’t be so naive going forward.

3 minutes ago, Testaverde9819 said:

At the absolute very least if they didn't want to resign Huff for the price, then at least keep JFM and give more pass rush reps to McDonald. It just doesn't make any sense no matter how you look at it. 

I'm hoping they just sign ngakoue and trade Reddick for whatever. 

I would guess they’ll agree to a bandaid 1 year extension 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Guy stood up at a podium and said it for all to hear.  Naivety had nothing to do with it.  At some point someone’s word, especially when voiced publicly like in this case should be trusted  

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/joe-douglas-the-plan-is-for-jamal-adams-to-be-a-jet-for-life

Public words mean nothing, it's a business. Just ask the GM you stan.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

I would guess they’ll agree to a bandaid 1 year extension 

Gun to your head, how many games is Reddick active for in the 2024 regular season for the Jets? Absent any injuries. That is what is important here. The rest is whistling in the wind. 

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Gun to your head, how many games is Reddick active for in the 2024 regular season for the Jets? Absent any injuries. That is what is important here. The rest is whistling in the wind. 

16. They bench him week 1 (“he’s not up to speed, yet.”) as a salve to the other guys in line for renegotiation.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

All that matters. 

Well, not all that matters. He’s lost valuable time to integrate with the team and Jets may end up having to pay more today than if an extension had been a condition of the trade.

I also might be way off and this drags deep into the regular season.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Well, not all that matters. He’s lost valuable time to integrate with the team and Jets may end up having to pay more today than if an extension had been a condition of the trade.

I also might be way off and this drags deep into the regular season.

Eh. This is not gymnastics where there are deductions for artistry, level of difficulty or dismount. This is an all in season and the point is to have the best team on the field. Not in preseason. 

Many things  to kill JD about. The manner of getting Reddick into  regular season games in 2024 is far down the list of failings. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

Eh. This is not gymnastics where there are deductions for artistry, level of difficulty or dismount. This is an all in season and the point is to have the best team on the field. Not in preseason. 

Many things  to kill JD about. The manner of getting Reddick into  regular season games in 2024 is far down the list of failings. 

IF he gets him into the regular season. It’s just a pity that this was a very easily avoidable situation. Pros tend to try to control the things they can control and limit their reliance on luck or the goodwill of others.

For those regretting the “miss” on Broderick Jones… here’s an interesting tidbit.

https://thejetpress.com/posts/will-mcdonald-shutting-broderick-jones-fanboys-nasty-sack-vs-panthers-01j5hdamxdy0

Many criticized the Jets for taking McDonald 15th overall in the 2023 NFL Draft. Fans were upset that New York was unable to secure an offensive tackle like Broderick Jones, whom the Pittsburgh Steelers traded up for and selected one pick before the Jets. In both team's second preseason game,McDonald shined and Jones flopped.

McDonald beat Carolina Panthers tackle Ricky Lee using his trademark spin move and leveled quarterback Jack Plummer. While McDonald spent most of his time against Carolina causing havoc for opposing tackles, Jones was getting his butt kicked by Buffalo Bills edge rusher Greg Rousseau.

Jones was pushed aside like he was nothing against Buffalo, with his performance being described as a "nightmare" and "terrible." These comments echo what has been observed in practice. It seems like all the Jets fans who wanted Jones may look a bit foolish if McDonald keeps developing.

Jones has been so worrying in the preseason that local media personalities in Pittsburgh are "worried" about his future. Even if McDonald doesn't set the world on fire, he is looking like a player who is taking steps in the right direction. Right now, Jones can't make that claim.

Not taking Jones seems to have worked out well for the Jets. Not only did they manage to sign Tyron Smith in free agency, but they added a new left tackle of the future with a superior prospect in Penn State's Olu Fashanu. 

McDonald is slowly getting better, but there are some real improvements, even without bulking up. If the Jets traded up for Jones, and he performed like he did in this game, fans would be rioting outside the team's office.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Mind-blowing insight.

People who have morals and think they're important are children.

Got it chief.

Good to know where you stand.

Believing morals are important and relying on others to operate by your own version of them are two different things. And while I didn’t use the word “children,” the latter is indeed naive. But since you seem to have a strong reaction to that word, how about we call it “idealistic,” instead?

• Haha 2