Ian O’Connors (unauthorized) Aaron Rodgers biography

7 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I don't know about relatable to his teammates, but the Jets players seem to really like him.  I'd imagine there's always some issues with a 40 year old playing sports with a bunch of 23-25 year olds.

As for his parents, it happens.  Could be him, or them.  I unfortunately have about a 0 relationship with my Mom.

yeah with a 40 yr old just there to collect a paycheck. but a future HOF who is still playing at a high level who could help you win they must be ecstatic.

the young guys like GW and Hall were like 11 yr olds when Rodgers won his 1st MVP and SB. about 15 when he won his 2nd MVP. can you imagine how great they must feel to be in the same huddle as a guy they watch win MVPs as a kid? 

16 minutes ago, doitny said:

thanks i forgot about this..LOL

hey T0m you want that bridge? i will give you a real good price.

If Rodgers was the VP choice, RFK wouldn’t be packing up his sh*t today. Granted, Rodgers would be bankrupt and exiled from polite society by now, but at least they’d be polling at 8%.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s not said to be literal. The people who say “enjoy every moment” are typically parents whose kids are now older than yours are when they observe and make those comments.

They are paying forward the message of solidarity and perspective. Focus on the good moments, it gets you through the hard ones, and just wait… it gets worse as they get older.

I’d much rather deal with a tantrum over watching another episode of Elmo vs. the preteen and teen stuff (bullying, puberty, the questions) that is just beginning for us.

So, enjoy every moment buddy.

I'm too tired to interpret the figurative stuff. Tell me to enjoy some moments. SOME.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s not said to be literal. The people who say “enjoy every moment” are typically parents whose kids are now older than yours are when they observe and make those comments.

They are paying forward the message of solidarity and perspective. Focus on the good moments, it gets you through the hard ones, and just wait… it gets worse as they get older.

I’d much rather deal with a tantrum over watching another episode of Elmo vs. the preteen and teen stuff (bullying, puberty, the questions) that is just beginning for us.

So, enjoy every moment buddy.

Yea I'm with this.

My older one just started KG. He's been my best friend the last 1-2 years. Did everything with me, shared all of my interests and hobbies, couldn't get enough of me. 

2 weeks into KG and he hasn't wanted anything to do with me - only wants my wife all of a sudden. 

The flip side is that my 3 year old daughter who has been my wife's best friend is now all about spending time with me.

Wife and I were just talking about this last night after the kiddos went to sleep. As annoyed as I am for my guy to just randomly not want anything to do with me, this is nothing compared to the sh*tstorms that are going to be coming as they hit their double digits and into the teen years. At that time, we're going to wish we could be back where we are now. 

• Upvote 2

Spent an obscene amount of money to take my son to the Texans game. Jets sideline, 10th row. Near the bench. 

if he can get Rodgers , sauce or G5 attention it will be worth it 

this guy is an all time great. 

check the Steph curry walk away  on one of them 

1 hour ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'm too tired to interpret the figurative stuff. Tell me to enjoy some moments. SOME.

The big thing I take joy in is watching them figure sh*t out and learn from their mistakes. It's just wild how quickly their brains change and that is pretty cool to witness. 

Toddlers can be a huge pain in the ass, but watching them grow into real people with personalities and likes and dislikes is pretty sweet. (even if they change every other day!). My 3 year old also LOVES football and gets excited anytime he sees me watching highlights on my phone, which is awesome. Although, I am now filled with utter dread, since pretty soon he will be old enough to figure out that I am rooting for the team in green and I don't want to ruin his life by introducing him to the Goddamn Jets. I plan to be honest with him. 

The other thing about having little ones is that they have made me appreciate my parents SO much more. I recently thanked my dad for not murdering me when I was 3. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, slimjasi said:

The big thing I take joy in is watching them figure sh*t out and learn from their mistakes. It's just wild how quickly their brains change and that is pretty cool to witness. 

Toddlers can be a huge pain in the ass, but watching them grow into real people with personalities and likes and dislikes is pretty sweet. (even if they change every other day!). My 3 year old also LOVES football and gets excited anytime he sees me watching highlights on my phone, which is awesome. Although, I am now filled with utter dread, since pretty soon he will be old enough to figure out that I am rooting for the team in green and I don't want to ruin his life by introducing him to the Goddamn Jets. I plan to be honest with him. 

The other thing about having little ones is that they have made me appreciate my parents SO much more. I recently thanked my dad for not murdering me when I was 3. 

I'm in education and this is a really emotional time of year for parents of teens. I'm always around during move-in weeks and I see parents all over that are just wrecks of themselves. I never really got it until the last few years. Hard to fathom they're going to turn into that one day. I think the toddler years are like running a marathon sometimes, you just black out because of how physically exhausting it is but by the time you know it you just ran 26.2 and are just a shell of yourself. 

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yea I'm with this.

My older one just started KG. He's been my best friend the last 1-2 years. Did everything with me, shared all of my interests and hobbies, couldn't get enough of me. 

2 weeks into KG and he hasn't wanted anything to do with me - only wants my wife all of a sudden. 

The flip side is that my 3 year old daughter who has been my wife's best friend is now all about spending time with me.

Wife and I were just talking about this last night after the kiddos went to sleep. As annoyed as I am for my guy to just randomly not want anything to do with me, this is nothing compared to the sh*tstorms that are going to be coming as they hit their double digits and into the teen years. At that time, we're going to wish we could be back where we are now. 

I have a buddy that has 2 pushing 10 and we talk about this all the time. Parents of kids that age and up will always say that things get harder, but I dunno. I think it's a trade-off of challenges. As in, yes, I fully acknowledge the psychological aspect gets harder, and the long-term stakes get higher, sure. However, when you take your 10-year old to little league, you get to sit down. Maybe your kid is having a hard time, maybe people are stressed, but again, you're sitting down. Somewhere across that park is a toddler parent in a tot-and-me soccer class whose spinal cord feels like it's going to snap, they haven't slept more than 4 hours straight in a long time, and the last thing they had to eat was a half eaten apple 9 hours ago that the kid threw on the floor in a tantrum because the stem broke off when you handed it to them. 

I don't think either of those positions are easier or harder than the other, but it's worth noting that the dad sitting in the stands watching his 10-year-old also isn't dealing with stomach pains from the Costco-sized bottle of Aleve he went through this month just to stay involved.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Enjoy them all. Don’t tell anyone about the rest. You’re a father. Nobody cares.

7 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Yea I'm with this.

My son did the same thing at KG. Clingy as heck to the wife. Just a phase. Ride it out and be patient with him.

I’m reading you guys talk about dealing with your little ones and laughing as you guys talk to each other as if your situation relates to someone else’s… 😂

They’re all different, there’s no book that’s going to get you through it. Just trust your instincts. You’re their parents. Love them, guide them, be there for them.
Then just pray that they make friends with kids who have parents like you.
That’s all you can do. Most times, it works out pretty well.

9 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

848f189e-bbec-460a-992c-210a1cad9407_tex

I hope as you searched for this gif that you were staring adoringly into the face of your cherubic young ones so as not to miss one single moment of their fleeting youthful innocence.

• Haha 2

On 8/23/2024 at 2:23 PM, slimjasi said:

The last 3 conversations I have had with my 24 year old daughter ;

should she call a mold inspector or mold remediation company about the spots in her garage 

how the deductible level impacts monthly premiums on car insurance 

how to get a cost estimate from the health insurance company for a procedure that isn’t listed on the benefits summary 

I’m pretty sure my 18 year old son is alive but I haven’t heard from him for a few days 

enjoy EVERYTHING about their childhood and how you respond to tantrums and misbehavior impacts them for 80 years so let them make mistakes without criticism and use the power of positive reinforcement and whatever you do never cave in to or let them wear you down with crying or throwing a tantrum when they don’t like you saying no

• Upvote 1