Becton locks up starting job with Eagles?

We'll see if their staff is as bad as the Jets, but if they're competent, some of you will be sad to hear it's not believed to be serious.

His fat ass caused his spindly legs to br

Mekhi Becton suffers right leg injury at Eagles practice

Published August 18, 2024 11:29 AM
  •  
  •  
  •  

0 of 29 secondsVolume 0%

The effort of 2020 first-round draft pick Mekhi Becton to remake his career has hit a rough patch.

Via Jeff McLane of the Philadelphia Inquirer, Becton exited practice on Sunday with an apparent right leg injury.

After leaving the field, Becton eventually limped to the locker room.

The eleventh overall pick of the Jets four years ago, Becton has moved from tackle to right guard. He seems to be in line to be the starter, if he can stay healthy.

Health has been the issue for Becton. He has played only 31 of 67 games during his four-year career.

The other primary candidate to start at right guard, Tyler Steen, is also dealing with an injury.

ake down again, fire the fat ass who drafted him

9 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

I must admit I don’t like the guy, I won’t wish injury on him but I must say I did have a little schadenfreude from his situation. 

I have to admit I liked the pick at the time and loved it after his rookie year.  I remember there was a poll on here about would you sign up for A) the career of D'Brick  or B ) Whatever the career of Becton ends up becoming.  Pretty sure I voted B because I thought we might have a superstar on our hands.  Unfortunately, Becton went downhill from there.

I don't like the guy but don't hate him either.  I think he was kind of "immature" regarding the way he's handled his career though and, so far, I look at him as a guy with a lot of wasted potential.  I do get a little bit of schadenfreude from his situation as well.

• Upvote 3

Eagles' Guard Mekhi Becton Leaves Practice With Injury (msn.com)

Eagles' Guard Mekhi Becton Leaves Practice With Injury

The injury bug continues to bite the Philadelphia Eagles offensive line. Starting right guard Tyler Steen has dealt with injuries throughout the OTAs and training camp. Former New York Jets first-round pick, Mehki Becton, took his place and was looking good.

Emphasis on “was” as Becton has now left the practice field with an apparent right leg injury on Sunday morning. The former No. 11 overall pick back in 2020, Becton has struggled to stay healthy.

Philadelphia Eagles offensive lineman Mekhi Becton © Danielle Parhizkaran/NorthJersey.com / USA TODAY NETWORK
Philadelphia Eagles offensive lineman Mekhi Becton © Danielle Parhizkaran/NorthJersey.com / USA TODAY NETWORK© Provided by Athlon Sports

He started 13 of 17 games as a rookie in 2020 but played in just one game in 2021 and none in 2022. After starting 16 games for the Jets last season, New York decided to let him go in free agency as they retooled the offensive line in front of four-time MVP quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

The good sign is that he limped off under his power. Had trainers felt the injury was severe, he would have been carted off.

Related: Eagles' Kenny Pickett Earning "Check Down King" Title In Philly

The 6-7, 363-pound offensive lineman is a behemoth of a man and when he’s healthy he can move defenders out of the way fairly efficiently.

This is an ongoing story and we will have updates when they arise. Coach Nick Sirianni may provide an update at his post-practice press conference. 

On 8/10/2024 at 2:38 AM, AFJF said:

I know a few folks had him out of the league by now after he threw up on day 1 but it appears he won the starting job for an O-line coach that he was "too soft" to play for.

The guy could've handled things better during his time here, but I don't hate the dude and he still has the ability to be dominant if that knee holds up.

IMO Becton was a cancer here due to weak coaching.

• More Ugh 1

10 minutes ago, DonCorleone said:

IMO Becton was a cancer here due to weak coaching.

I think a lot of things went wrong.  Some of it undoubtedly on him but the coaching didn't do much to help.

He had some growing up to do for sure but that's not exactly shocking for a kid coming out of college.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AFJF said:

We'll see if their staff is as bad as the Jets, but if they're competent, some of you will be sad to hear it's not believed to be serious.

Didn't Becton have a "nothing serious" injury for us and missed an entire season?

3 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Didn't Becton have a "nothing serious" injury for us and missed an entire season?

Yes, that's why I said we'll see if their staff is better than the Jets staff.

• Upvote 1

He's at 363 lbs?  Holy crap!  It's no wonder he suffered another inury.  Can't he do some pushups away from the table??? He's going to eat himself out of the NFL.  It's a shame.  I truly think he could have become a great OT if he had kept his weight down around 330 or lower.

5 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I must admit I don’t like the guy, I won’t wish injury on him but I must say I did have a little schadenfreude from his situation. 

Never root for injuries, or celebrate them when they occur, but I'm not surprised, either.

Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz reports Eagles RG Mekhi Becton (leg) “avoided anything serious and should be fine.”

Becton left Sunday’s practice with a leg injury but doesn’t appear to be in danger of missing any time. Becton has reportedly turned in a solid camp for the Eagles and is expected to open the season as their starting right guard in Week 1 against the Packers.

Injury

23m ago

Source: Jordan Schultz

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000191-6bdc-dfea-a9dd-6fddebfe0000

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Bleacher Report’s Jordan Schultz reports Eagles RG Mekhi Becton (leg) “avoided anything serious and should be fine.”

Becton left Sunday’s practice with a leg injury but doesn’t appear to be in danger of missing any time. Becton has reportedly turned in a solid camp for the Eagles and is expected to open the season as their starting right guard in Week 1 against the Packers.

Injury

23m ago

https://www.nbcsports.com/fantasy/football/player-news?playerNewsId=00000191-6bdc-dfea-a9dd-6fddebfe0000

Yep, I expect this to change for the worse. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Injury

23m ago

I'll take the Packers and the under.  

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

Injury

23m ago

Can't trust it.  He got the info from Robert Saleh. 

• Haha 1