Jets Cuts To 53 (official thread )

2 hours ago, doitny said:

i still think they might trade Izzy. i know everybody is loving him now but remember he was on his way out until last weeks game. but people need to keep in mind those were against 3 and 4th stringers. i think JD is trying to hold out for the best offer and that would open up a spot to sign a 3rd TE.

He could be trying to trade him.  Yes, Izzy's runs were against 3rd and 4th stringers, but he was running hard and fast.  Davis ran against 3rd and 4th stringers as well vs Carolina and Washington, and fared much worse running the ball.  Davis is better overall, but Izzy looked pretty good on STs and as a receiver vs the Giants.  If Allen or Hall goes down with an injury,  I'd be much more confident in a rushing attack with Abanikanda in it than I would Davis.  I saw none of Davis' "great vision" or speed running the ball in preseason action either in games or practice.

3 hours ago, SomebodytoAnybody47 said:

Lol I love how all of a sudden everyone hates Clemons. Poor guy. Reddick isn’t coming any time soon. So I don’t think anyone is going anywhere for a while. 

No "all of a sudden" here. I've never liked him.  He looked like crap last year, and wasn't much better his rookie season the year before.  He's really not that fast, and has one pass rush move, the bull rush.  He's pretty good vs the run, but that's it.  He commits too many dumb penalties.  I would happily see him move along to another team.

• Upvote 4

13 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Feel like a move has to be coming at TE.

No way they’re going with just Conklin and Ruckert without carrying a FB/H-back, much less a 3rd TE.

Especially since Ruckert has been consistently banged up going back to his college days.

Can’t they just put one back on the PS and call them up when needed? Or did they change that rule?

10 hours ago, JKlecko said:

He could be trying to trade him.  Yes, Izzy's runs were against 3rd and 4th stringers, but he was running hard and fast.  Davis ran against 3rd and 4th stringers as well vs Carolina and Washington, and fared much worse running the ball.  Davis is better overall, but Izzy looked pretty good on STs and as a receiver vs the Giants.  If Allen or Hall goes down with an injury,  I'd be much more confident in a rushing attack with Abanikanda in it than I would Davis.  I saw none of Davis' "great vision" or speed running the ball in preseason action either in games or practice.

Davis was 6 carry’s for 54 yards, 9 per against the Commanders starters that night.  
That’s not close to faring far worse.   
Especially when Izzy went 6-17, 2.8 per in that same game

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Davis was 6 carry’s for 54 yards, 9 per against the Commanders starters that night.  

I disagree. 

3 hours ago, ECURB said:

Can’t they just put one back on the PS and call them up when needed? Or did they change that rule?

Yes. The rule was reverted to what it was in 2022. If you want 3 QB's you have to roster them all.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Not being in NY, haven't followed it closely enough but how was his pre-season?   Would love for him to become a top lineman.

From all I’ve read, it was really good.  Handled LT & RT. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Sorry, but you're wrong.  It was Allen who rushed 6 times for 54 yards.  Davis was 4 carries for 8 yards and a 2.0 ypc.

https://www.google.com/search?client=opera&q=boxscore+from+the+ny+jets+washington+commanders+preseason+game&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11y4x80vzq;6;/m/059yj;mmb;fp;1;;;

20 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

some guys I'd look at for the back end of the depth chart. Terrace Marshall Jr is the most intriguing to me.

WR - Terrace Marshall Jr. - 2022 2nd round pick. Big 6' 2" 200lb. Put up 17.5 yards per reception in 2023.
    D'Wayne Eskridge
    Donovan Peoples-Jones
    Quez Watkins
    Noah Brown

QB -  Michael Pratt, Bailey Zappe

S - Lewis Cine - 2022 1st round pick - worth a shot given the underwhelming S room.

we got one. let's go get Terrace Marshall Jr  or Noah Brown now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

we got one. let's go get Terrace Marshall Jr  or Noah Brown now.

I like Marshall coming out of college, but have you glanced at his production in 3 years?  Yeesh.  Something's not right.  Maybe a lot of it was CAR but still...