Reddick posts workout video

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Reports claim the Jets were the only team not to hang up on the Eagles when Philly told potential acquiring teams how much Reddick was asking for.  Nobody else wants him.  That makes him tough to trade.

Makes complete sense thank you for clarifying this for me @AFJF

27 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

In your opinion, what are the odds that Reddick decides to sit out the entire season and remain under Jets control in 2025?

Rather small - I think he comes in.

But go back and look at my comments early in this chain - where I thought there was close to zero chance he would miss any camp.  Right now it's certainly possible he will sit out.  Every game we miss with him is a game we're missing one of our best players.  

Just now, ToonforPrez said:

Makes complete sense thank you for clarifying this for me @AFJF

No worries.

Reddick is just getting some very bad advice at this point in time.  If this were a couple of years ago he'd have the Jets over a barrel.

Things being what they are today, the Jets have enough firepower to win with or without him so they can just wait him out with his fines approaching $5 million.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, AFJF said:

No worries.

Reddick is just getting some very bad advice at this point in time.  If this were a couple of years ago he'd have the Jets over a barrel.

Things being what they are today, the Jets have enough firepower to win with or without him so they can just wait him out with his fines approaching $5 million.

Yea it seems that Reddick has gotten some really bad information from his Agent. The Jets I feel have the best roster since the 98/10 seasons if I can be so bold to say this. Reddick if I was him would fire my Agent, he is getting horrible advice for this year and his future earnings. 

10 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Reports claim the Jets were the only team not to hang up on the Eagles when Philly told potential acquiring teams how much Reddick was asking for.  Nobody else wants him.  That makes him tough to trade.

Jets were probably the only team willing to trade a 2026 third for 10 games plus playoffs of Reddick. I think that's a fair deal.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Rather small - I think he comes in.

But go back and look at my comments early in this chain - where I thought there was close to zero chance he would miss any camp.  Right now it's certainly possible he will sit out.  Every game we miss with him is a game we're missing one of our best players.  

Way to hedge your bets! 😅

18 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Reddick's agents have to know this as well, which makes it even more foolish, for him to come out and try to publicly, demand a trade.

Seems like the sole purpose of that, was to try & sling mud on the Jets front office.

Not a great negotiating tactic.

But the dumb-ass beat writers & talking heads, ate it up.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Every game we miss with him is a game we're missing one of our best players.  

I can name at least 8 players more important to the Jets 2024 success than Reddick:

Rodgers

Wilson 

Hall

Smith

Moses

AVT

Sauce

Q

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, AFJF said:

No worries.

Couldn’t agree more. 

After SF, the Jets next 5 games are Titans, Pats, Denver and Minnesota, not crazy to think they could be 5-1 as we will be favored in all 5 games.  If the team is healthy after that run, and McDonald and Takk have even just 2 sacks each - why would be pay Reddick anything less then his current contract minus the fines?   Does he really think the team should reward him for this with MORE money?

Really astonishing how badly he has screwed himself. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

Way to hedge your bets! 😅

Not everything has to be about winning and losing an argument on here.  

You asked a question, I answered it.  Not hedging bets to be right.  I think he'll play, but I don't want to **** with it.  Get him in here.  I want this team to win.

Two months ago I thought it was comical to even discuss him not showing up (I was wrong) now I'm truly concerned.  

This is an important season.  I have nothing against Joe Douglas - I want this team to win.   

Playing stupid, ego, draw a line in the sand games are dumb.  

• Upvote 1

I don’t know how the fines exactly work, but I presume that the Jets are not required to pay someone who does not show up-so these fines revert to the Jets and do not go into the benefit fund.

So give Reddick a guaranteed 1 year deal for what he was supposed to be paid plus something to offset the fines (so the Jets pay about the same).  That is it. 

Reddick can take it, and play for a big pay day next year, or leave it.  

And JD should never trade for a player who is not locked up again. 

18 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

If that is what is was then I would agree with you but this is about other contracts in upcoming years for Jets players who have an actual history with this team and its fan base.

We never wanted him (and his price tag) beyond this year anyway.  We traded to get him for one year at $15m and in return he gets to audition for his big contract with a really good defense where he would not be facing double teams all day and all night.  After this year we are hoping that our cheap talent pipeline would continue to produce results and we would not need him.  Our big dollar acquisitions are already on the team but not yet locked up.  We were never going to commit ~$50m cap dollars to 2025-2026 Hassan Reddick.

I get it if he feels hard done by.  Maybe the Eagles told him something to the effect of show us and we will make sure you get your new deal. He did show them but they did not come through with a new contract.  Maybe that happened and maybe he is bitter about that.  The Jets are not the team who screwed him over in that case.  That would be the Eagles if it even happened that way.

The Jets are his ONLY hope to put a 2024 audition on tape and create a market for his services in 2025.  If that does not go well then good luck getting 25M per year for a then 31 year old player in 2025.  A player at that time whose best season was with the Eagles in 2023.  Add to that the the idea that any prospective buyer for his services will be asked to put a huge signing bonus on the table up front and give it to a player who has history of not honoring the contracts he signs.  Good luck with that plan Mr. Reddick.

At this point and while there may still be admiration for his skill set around the league I think most if not all of the GMs are looking at this and mentally putting Hassan Reddick into the "Over my dead body" or "Only if he comes with a significant discount" categories. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Not everything has to be about winning and losing an argument on here.  

You asked a question, I answered it.  Not hedging bets to be right.  I think he'll play, but I don't want to **** with it.  Get him in here.  I want this team to win.

Two months ago I thought it was comical to even discuss him not showing up (I was wrong) now I'm truly concerned.  

This is an important season.  I have nothing against Joe Douglas - I want this team to win.   

I can't explain things any more clearly than I have. The minute I think you're finally getting it you move the goal posts. Best of luck to you 🤞 

5 hours ago, RevisIsland610 said:

That may be his end game but it's likely to backfire. Reports are his contract this year would be guaranteed if he reported. That's close to 15 mil he would be pissing away. You are also overestimating how many teams next year would be lining up to pay a 25 mil multi year deal to a soon to be 31yo edge rusher. I think he is going to be disappointed. 

As far as teams looking to sign him next year, I hear that a lot on this board, and it always sounds silly to me.

Just look at our WR2 who is coming off knee surgery, yet we signed him to a new contract. Then look at our QB… he’s coming off a missed season (less 4 plays) is anyone saying we shouldn’t pay/keep him?

Every year there are plenty of other FA’s coming off long term injury being signed to contracts. Reddick is 100% healthy, and other GMs will be aware of why he didn’t play a half or even full season. If they have a need at his position, he’ll be in demand.

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

have we heard from his agency? would they publicly state they were concerned even if they were? do we know Reddick is even listening to them? he may just be doing his own thing here. 

Come on, Barry. They’re not some mom and pop agency, you know that. Do you expect them to be negotiating through the media?

9 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I don't know about sending messages but JD has a few young studs coming up for contracts whose agents are watching his every move. If he shows them that holding out is an effective way to extract max value, guess what will happen?

Do you really think Reddick’s situation will affect how any one of them approach theirs?

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

so how could you possibly know they're not concerned?

Because this is what they do, and they do it as well or better than anyone. Go back and read my post about Reddick’s end game. He’s not clinging to his last dollar like an UDFA looking to make a score. He’s already banked $50 mil, and he’s not going to risk another $75 mil playing on a one year unguaranteed deal for a team he has no allegiance to.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

As far as teams looking to sign him next year, I hear that a lot on this board, and it always sounds silly to me.

Just look at our WR2 who is coming off knee surgery, yet we signed him to a new contract. Then look at our QB… he’s coming off a missed season (less 4 plays) is anyone saying we shouldn’t pay/keep him?

Every year there are plenty of other FA’s coming off long term injury being signed to contracts. Reddick is 100% healthy, and other GMs will be aware of why he didn’t play a half or even full season. If they have a need at his position, he’ll be in demand.

He needs to get credit for this season before he can hit free agency. If he wants to break the bank he’ll need to play really well, because the Jets’ defensive line will be putting up numbers. He can show up at the deadline and look to make an impact from there (or maybe hope for an injury), or he can show up sooner and take advantage of this defense to put up career numbers for himself. The longer he sits, the more he hurts his future earnings - beginning with the first game checks he passes up. And sure, it only takes one, but this sort of hold out is unlikely to inspire any GM to sign him to the money and security he’s looking for. Reporting as I type this would be his best move. 

If he decides to sit until the deadline, he’s gonna have to play balls out to get the kind of deal he was holding out for in the first place. With McDonald and a rejuvenated McKinley also on the roster, he might find himself Wally Pipp’d come November. And then he might find himself wishing for the contract our WR2 just signed. 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

Just now, Green Ghost said:

Because this is what they do, and they do it as well or better than anyone. Go back and read my post about Reddick’s end game. He’s not clinging to his last dollar like an UDFA looking to make a score. He’s already banked $50 mil, and he’s not going to risk another $75 mil playing on a one year unguaranteed deal for a team he has no allegiance to.

This is what they do? Can you point me to a similar situation where they had a client traded, agreed to show up an negotiate then reneged?

5 minutes ago, slats said:

He needs to get credit for this season before he can hit free agency. If he wants to break the bank he’ll need to play really well, because the Jets’ defensive line will be putting up numbers. He can show up at the deadline and look to make an impact from there (or maybe hope for an injury), or he can show up sooner and take advantage of this defense to put up career numbers for himself. The longer he sits, the more he hurts his future earnings - beginning with the first game checks he passes up. And sure, it only takes one, but this sort of hold out is unlikely to inspire any GM to sign him to the money and security he’s looking for. Reporting as I type this would be his best move. 

If he decides to sit until the deadline, he’s gonna have to play balls out to get the kind of deal he was holding out for in the first place. With McDonald and a rejuvenated McKinley also on the roster, he might find himself Wally Pipp’d come November. And then he might find himself wishing for the contract our WR2 just signed. 

That’s an awful lot of ifs, mights and maybes when talking about a guy who’s one of the best in the game at what he does.

Sure, I can see a possibility of him coming in week 7 only to get the service time, but I’d expect to see him make a lot of “business decisions” when he does, to insure getting to the offseason healthy.

When he does, other GMs will know all about why he did all that, and if they have a need for an elite player like him, they’ll pay him, imo.

• WTF? 2

Just now, Green Ghost said:

That’s an awful lot of ifs, mights and maybes when talking about a guy who’s one of the best in the game at what he does.

Sure, I can see him coming in week 7 only to get the service time, but I’d expect to see him make a lot of “business decisions” when he does, to insure getting to the offseason healthy.

When he does, other GMs will know all about why he did all that, and if they have a need for an elite player like him, they’ll pay him, imo.

If he comes in and dogs it to protect himself, he’ll be a pariah. Three teams in a row have given up on him in short order, and the Jets would be the fourth. In that time, he’s established that it’s Haasan first. He’ll be treading into Jamal Adams territory. 

No, he has to report, and he has to play, and he has to play really well, otherwise this gambit is going to blow up in his face. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This is what they do? Can you point me to a similar situation where they had a client traded, agreed to show up a negotiate then reneged?

We have no idea what happened or was said. All we’re getting is comments from one side, and they’re from the fluffers. 
We haven’t heard a thing from Reddick’s people and the Jets FO.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, slats said:

If he comes in and dogs it to protect himself, he’ll be a pariah. Three teams in a row have given up on him in short order, and the Jets would be the fourth. In that time, he’s established that it’s Haasan first. He’ll be treading into Jamal Adams territory. 

No, he has to report, and he has to play, and he has to play really well, otherwise this gambit is going to blow up in his face. 

Agree to disagree. We’ll find out who was right in about 6 months.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We have no idea what happened or was said. All we’re getting is comments from one side, and they’re from the fluffers. 

So we don't know what happened but we know this is what they do. Got it.

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So we don't know what happened but we know this is what they do. Got it.

What they do is negotiate the best deal they can for their clients,no?
As for the rest of your comment? You’re honestly losing me there Barry. You were talking about perceived promises made by one side, that’s what I replied to.

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

We never wanted him (and his price tag) beyond this year anyway.  We traded to get him for one year at $15m and in return he gets to audition for his big contrac

I doubt this is true.  At least I hope it isn't.  That Joe Douglas traded for a player that wasn't going to play for one of the best organizations in football under his current contract and then expect him to play for the Jets under that same contract.  That would have been an all-time poor GM decision.

4 hours ago, EM31 said:

The Jets are his ONLY hope to put a 2024 audition on tape and create a market for his services in 2025.

I'm just not sure this is as cut and dry as people make it out to be - it's not like he wasn't good last year.   I'm not saying it's the likeliest scenario just that it's certainly possible. High impact Edge rushers are hard to come by.  His agent will be able to make the case of what his decision was and why he made it - "Jets made promises" etc...  Jets will cut him next year, he'll become a FA and sign a big deal with the right team.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AFJF said:

That certainly should make everyone feel better 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Sure, I can see a possibility of him coming in week 7 only to get the service time, but I’d expect to see him make a lot of “business decisions” when he does, to insure getting to the offseason healthy.

You really don't get it. I'm not trying to be a smart ass either. You just seem absolutely clueless.

1 hour ago, Green Ghost said:

Actually Reddick's people requested a trade 2 weeks ago and JD told them to piss up a rope. So that's something.

• Haha 1