Francesa eviscerates Joe Douglas on Reddick

54 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You’re conflating situations by thinking you know things you don’t. It’s like explaining a complicated game to someone who only understands tic-tac-toe, but I’ll give it a try:

What's with the constant nastiness?  You may or may not agree with my opinions but the attacks are not appreciated or necessary.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Let me understand you here. It's Saleh's fault that JD kept Zach Wilson as the primary back up? No QB on the roster was 41 last year or any year Zach Wilson was QB. How is the abysmal QB and OL situation in ANY WAY Saleh's fault?

Where did I say Saleh? We had NO serviceable backup last year. If JD didn't follow Idzik and Mac, he would NEVER get the support he gets.

His record speaks for him. It's horrible. Is 2024 roster good. I think so. But we still have no QB we are developing.

• Upvote 2

On 8/31/2024 at 3:03 PM, southparkcpa said:

Yet this board is full of kool aid drinkers that defend Saleh.  JD’s roster looks solid this year BUT every year, a glaring weakness that kills. Last year, no back up QB, many years, poor OLINE etc.  With decent QB play, this team can make noise but cant afford poor decisions from Saleh, and history shows, he will. 

When an opposing player makes a play, like a 95 yard run I immediately blame the HC.   And every loss, it’s the HC.  Even with a real QB those close losses would be losses.  It’s easy to see all the reasons losses are the HCs fault when they don’t have the talent to win.  Curious, we judge by Vegas odds all the time, Detroit, Jax, Seattle games, were we favored in any of those games?  It’s easy to blame one person.  

I have no idea what Saleh will do with a complete roster.  I do know he hasn’t had one up to now.  

• Upvote 2

When was the last time a holdout that ran into the season worked out for the player?  

If Reddick gives up even half of his 2024 salary how exactly is he going to make that money up?  

This is one of the most misguided holdouts in NFL history and JD has handled it as well as possible.  He cant wreck the locker room to pay a guy who has never been at a Jets practice.

• Upvote 3

but we have no choice but to make a stand this year. our core 4 are going to get new contracts soon. how would you like if next year GW, Sause and JJ refuse to show up because they dont want to play on the 4th year of their contract. that they want a extension now? and all because they and their agents saw Reddick do it this year and have Joe cave and give him what he wants. Hall is in his last year next year. what if he wont show up unless he gets his money? 
we might have to eat this bullet this year so we dont have to eat 4 bullets next year with players way more important to this franchise than Reddick.

these hypotheticals disasters that people cook up in their heads are great.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

When was the last time a holdout that ran into the season worked out for the player?  
If Reddick gives up even half of his 2024 salary how exactly is he going to make that money up?  
This is one of the most misguided holdouts in NFL history and JD has handled it as well as possible.  He cant wreck the locker room to pay a guy who has never been at a Jets practice.

Then don’t trade for him if you had no plans to bump his money this year which everyone knew he wanted. Can’t hire the mercenary and get mad when he charges mercenary prices

• Upvote 1

Y is everyone worked up about reddick? We literally have the best d line in the league with waves of pass rushers. He would be a nice addition but by no means is he the straw that stirs the drink
He literally has screwed and betrayed us so f him. i think this whole situation is a hoot and its refreshing to not be desperate for a positional player for once

He is the 2nd best player on the defensive line

• Upvote 1

but we have no choice but to make a stand this year. our core 4 are going to get new contracts soon. how would you like if next year GW, Sause and JJ refuse to show up because they dont want to play on the 4th year of their contract. that they want a extension now? and all because they and their agents saw Reddick do it this year and have Joe cave and give him what he wants. Hall is in his last year next year. what if he wont show up unless he gets his money? 
we might have to eat this bullet this year so we dont have to eat 4 bullets next year with players way more important to this franchise than Reddick.

Also it would fantastic if the Jets reupped these guys after year 3. Salaries only increase in the nfl and new money wouldn’t hit the cap until 2027 anyway.

On 8/31/2024 at 11:56 AM, doitny said:

i think JJ will match or even do better than Huffs 10 sacks.

and i think McDonald will match JJs 7 sacks so i think it will all even out in terms of sacks.

The other problem I didn’t even mention is we also got rid of Franklin Myers too to fit Reddick in the cap

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

When an opposing player makes a play, like a 95 yard run I immediately blame the HC.   And every loss, it’s the HC.  Even with a real QB those close losses would be losses.  It’s easy to see all the reasons losses are the HCs fault when they don’t have the talent to win.  Curious, we judge by Vegas odds all the time, Detroit, Jax, Seattle games, were we favored in any of those games?  It’s easy to blame one person.  

I have no idea what Saleh will do with a complete roster.  I do know he hasn’t had one up to now.  

But he has mage poor decisions ..we’ve seen it.   

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

But he has mage poor decisions ..we’ve seen it.   

Name them all.  Every coach makes poor decisions.  Parcells made them here.  
How many losses can you attribute to poor coaching decisions?

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

On 8/31/2024 at 3:50 PM, HighPitch said:

There used to be a small ice cream chain on long island that popped up when i was a kid.  Forget the name. They had this sunday called “the kitchen sink” and it was expensive and so huge almost nobody could finish it.

I feel like our d line is the kitchen sink and whining about reddick is like being bunmed that there wasnt  one more scoop of chocolate 

14 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Name them all.  Every coach makes poor decisions.  Parcells made them here.  
How many losses can you attribute to poor coaching decisions?

You’re comparing Saleh to Parcells? Lmao parcells had no talent on defense on those jets teams. He did it with smoke and mirrors. 

anthony pleasant , Jason Ferguson and I can’t even remember who on the other side.

The offense had talent, but they weren’t predictable. Parcells made mistakes because he had balls. Saleh is weak and makes dumb mistakes.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

34 minutes ago, BP said:

You’re comparing Saleh to Parcells? Lmao parcells had no talent on defense on those jets teams. He did it with smoke and mirrors. 

anthony pleasant , Jason Ferguson and I can’t even remember who on the other side.

The offense had talent, but they weren’t predictable. Parcells made mistakes because he had balls. Saleh is weak and makes dumb mistakes.

That half back option pass with the playoffs on the line was pure genius.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, bicketybam said:

That half back option pass with the playoffs on the line was pure genius.

Yeah, 1-15 was way better the year before being the embarrassment of the league. No doubt. Saleh definitely better with Hail Mary pick 6 lmao 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BP said:

Parcells had Aaron Glenn, Victor Green, Mo Lewis, Marvin Jones.  His stupid mistake besides telling Peyton Manning and his father to take a hike and passing on Orlando Brown was trading Hugh Douglas

1 hour ago, BP said:

Yeah, 1-15 was way better the year before being the embarrassment of the league. No doubt. Saleh definitely better with Hail Mary pick 6 lmao 

It is what it is. It was a terrible play call that cost the Jets the game and the playoffs. Just calling a spade a spade. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BP said:

Yeah, I compared Parcells to Saleh.  That’s what I’m trying to do.  
I do believe 

I know what Parcells did, I loved having him here.  But your point that one play in a game that blows up is on the HC is nonsense.   When the Jets lost to the 49rs and lost in OT on a 95 yard td run was that on Parcells?  No.  Sometimes the other team makes plays.  There are plays and there are mistakes.  There’s a difference

• Upvote 1

On 8/30/2024 at 8:56 PM, Cut Jet Penalty Makers said:

Regardless of what you think of Mike, he's over the target when it comes to Douglas' complete mishandling of the Reddick situation. Go to the 17:30 mark.

Couldn’t pay me to listen to anything this asshat has to say 🤡 Joe Douglas is the man - inherited a pile of 💩 and has delivered quite likely the most talented & deepest roster the Jets have ever had with or without Reddick. Hope they get it all done but DL is in great shape regardless 

5 hours ago, bicketybam said:

It is what it is. It was a terrible play call that cost the Jets the game and the playoffs. Just calling a spade a spade. 

It was also intercepted out of bounds. Had they had replay. Awful call by the officials. But definitely all parcells fault. 

6 hours ago, Rich Thornburgh said:

Parcells had Aaron Glenn, Victor Green, Mo Lewis, Marvin Jones.  His stupid mistake besides telling Peyton Manning and his father to take a hike and passing on Orlando Brown was trading Hugh Douglas

Victor green sucked. He blew coverage in the championship game in 98 that cost them the game. Hugh Douglas gained 30lbs during the bye week under kotite and didn’t want to participate in off season conditioning. So they let him go. 

You left out Chad cascadden 

3 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Yeah, I compared Parcells to Saleh.  That’s what I’m trying to do.  
I do believe 

I know what Parcells did, I loved having him here.  But your point that one play in a game that blows up is on the HC is nonsense.   When the Jets lost to the 49rs and lost in OT on a 95 yard td run was that on Parcells?  No.  Sometimes the other team makes plays.  There are plays and there are mistakes.  There’s a difference

That one play the entire team on the field quit. That’s on the coach. You’re comparing a 95 yard td run to a Hail Mary pick 6? I’ve never even seen or heard that before. It’s a jets exclusive.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Where did I say Saleh? We had NO serviceable backup last year. If JD didn't follow Idzik and Mac, he would NEVER get the support he gets.

His record speaks for him. It's horrible. Is 2024 roster good. I think so. But we still have no QB we are developing.

image.thumb.png.d612966850c51cbf81242c10cef5b52c.png

I see that you were also knocking JD, which is fair. His record precedes him. As for Saleh, he turns chickensh*t into chicken salad on defense. I can't judge him on his "poor decisions" when he hasn't had NFL caliber starting QB play for the majority of his time here as the Jets HC.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

image.thumb.png.d612966850c51cbf81242c10cef5b52c.png

I see that you were also knocking JD, which is fair. His record precedes him. As for Saleh, he turns chickensh*t into chicken salad on defense. I can't judge him on his "poor decisions" when he hasn't had NFL caliber starting QB play for the majority of his time here as the Jets HC.

Saleh's poor decisions have little to do with his personnel, they were poor clock decisions etc.  But let's see what 2024 brings. We won 7 games last year , in a season where we scored less than 13 points or less 8 times.  With a solid backup QB, we could have won 9-10.   

• Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Well if he followed a GM that provided more than just Quinnen Williams, maybe they wouldn’t have to start from scratch with a rebuild.

31 minutes ago, Claymation said:

Well if he followed a GM that provided more than just Quinnen Williams, maybe they wouldn’t have to start from scratch with a rebuild.

Mac was awful, just awful.  But JD has 2 major first round busts on his watch, his entire year 1 draft is basically a bust.  His record is a function of the lack of his first 2 drafts 1st and 2nd round picks playing.  We still have no anser at QB other than a 41 year old. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Mac was awful, just awful.  But JD has 2 major first round busts on his watch, his entire year 1 draft is basically a bust.  His record is a function of the lack of his first 2 drafts 1st and 2nd round picks playing.  We still have no anser at QB other than a 41 year old. 

Huff was part of the 2020 draft class as a undrafted free agent. Granted he signed somewhere else, but is a marquee pass rusher. He lessens the blow on missing on that draft class.

Yes, he missed on Mekhi and Zach but found suitable replacements in Tyron Smith and Aaron Rodgers. Would you agree?