New York Jets, Haason Reddick Contract Saga No Longer About Fines. Game checks are now on the line, to the tune of $852,941 for each game missed.

5 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

Keep in mind some of those pressures came from JJ, who is no longer able to walk.

He's credited with one hurry, no QB hits and no sacks. He will definitely be missed and the other team not having to account for him will hurt our defense. But it's not like he was an animal out there before he got hurt.

4 minutes ago, EM31 said:

I can only think of three reasons which explain the behavior of the Reddick camp up until now

1. His representation looked at the Jets history and figured that the Jets would cave in year-1 of a one year or two year window for Aaron Rodgers.  The temptation to maximize the chances for an AR championship year would simply be too strong for a weak-in-the-head owner and a GM who was already firmly on the hot seat

2. He has some injury that is not well known and he simply could not afford to play another "show me" year because the showing of him as it were would lead the league to conclude that he was not worth the money he was asking.  In other words he is not holding out because of stubborn pride but rather out of rational self interest.  Please note that in this case he is actually asking the Jets to pay him a boatload of money for skills that he no longer possesses.

3. His representation had convinced him of two things.  Firstly that it is the amount of tread on the tires and not the age of the tires that is most important in the NFL and that a 31 year old FA would get as much money as a 30 year old FA would.  The second part is that regardless of how messy the situation becomes with the Jets that Reddick would not be impacting his long term market viability through his actions.  Plenty of teams would be lining up to pay top dollar for his services regardless of how many reasons he may have given them to not trust his word.

Personally I think that #1 was probably assumed to be true all along and as of now that Reddick's representation are probably shocked that Woody has not caved especially in light of the JJ season ending injury.

I still suspect that #2 might be true although in all likelihood #3 is the best explanation for where we are at today.

As an aside, I think that the JJ injury would have been a perfect opportunity for a course correction and PR coup by the Reddick camp.  They could have reported and said that now that Johnson is down for the year that he recognizes that the team needs him more than ever and that he trusts the FO to make things right for him.  I think a move like that might have completely erased the negative reputation he has built for himself and may netted him more money in both the short and long term.

Unless #2 is true.

Did @Sperm Edwards hack your account again? :)

seriously...the other possibility is that it is really all Reddick and not his agents.  I hesitate to believe CAA and Dandy are really naive enough to let their client get this deep into a hole he can never get out of without taking a huge financial loss.  It would make it a lot hard to not only sign new clients, but to work with other GMs.  I'm leaning that this is all Reddick being obstinate with a nod to your point 2 above as another factor.

• Upvote 3

38 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Did @Sperm Edwards hack your account again? :)

seriously...the other possibility is that it is really all Reddick and not his agents.  I hesitate to believe CAA and Dandy are really naive enough to let their client get this deep into a hole he can never get out of without taking a huge financial loss.  It would make it a lot hard to not only sign new clients, but to work with other GMs.  I'm leaning that this is all Reddick being obstinate with a nod to your point 2 above as another factor.

the agents have to do what the client wants. Team Reddick are in a wait and see. Receipts coming in weekly now: Wins-Losses. McDonald improving. JJ II out. Rodgers balling. Wins. Fines and lost paychecks. Maybe this kind of holdout works better for a star WR? Maybe not so much for an EDGE? 

I doubt Dandy would drop him but at some point one side will have a clear advantage. After week 1 plus the first 2.5 quarters of week two, the advantage was more Reddick. The last 1.5 qtrs of week 2 changed the game again. A blow out win tonight and some other factors showing up on the stat sheet etc and Reddick may be convinced to cut his losses. A mini bye week to get acclimated....Dandy is probably the only one that can convince him [if reddick is the stubborn one] that this is the time. Who knows?

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

I can only think of three reasons which explain the behavior of the Reddick camp up until now

1. His representation looked at the Jets history and figured that the Jets would cave in year-1 of a one year or two year window for Aaron Rodgers.  The temptation to maximize the chances for an AR championship year would simply be too strong for a weak-in-the-head owner and a GM who was already firmly on the hot seat

2. He has some injury that is not well known and he simply could not afford to play another "show me" year because the showing of him as it were would lead the league to conclude that he was not worth the money he was asking.  In other words he is not holding out because of stubborn pride but rather out of rational self interest.  Please note that in this case he is actually asking the Jets to pay him a boatload of money for skills that he no longer possesses.

3. His representation had convinced him of two things.  Firstly that it is the amount of tread on the tires and not the age of the tires that is most important in the NFL and that a 31 year old FA would get as much money as a 30 year old FA would.  The second part is that regardless of how messy the situation becomes with the Jets that Reddick would not be impacting his long term market viability through his actions.  Plenty of teams would be lining up to pay top dollar for his services regardless of how many reasons he may have given them to not trust his word.

Personally I think that #1 was probably assumed to be true all along and as of now that Reddick's representation are probably shocked that Woody has not caved especially in light of the JJ season ending injury.

I still suspect that #2 might be true although in all likelihood #3 is the best explanation for where we are at today.

As an aside, I think that the JJ injury would have been a perfect opportunity for a course correction and PR coup by the Reddick camp.  They could have reported and said that now that Johnson is down for the year that he recognizes that the team needs him more than ever and that he trusts the FO to make things right for him.  I think a move like that might have completely erased the negative reputation he has built for himself and may netted him more money in both the short and long term.

Unless #2 is true.

your PR strategy is golden.  Unfortunately he didn't get the memo.

1 hour ago, EM31 said:

Unless #2 is true.

@EM31

The problem with # 2 is he showed up to the facility to take a physical after the trade was completed.

You have to assume, that if he had any kind of performance inhibiting injury, the team Dr's would have discovered it through the course of giving him his physical.

Couple that with all of the silly workout videos, that he posted on Twitter, with his old college postion coach and I'd have to say that you could eliminate #2 as a potential reason for his actions, with a pretty good amount of certainty.

Have to believe it's #1 which is still completely assanine at this point, when looking at how long this has dragged on for.

If it's #3 then he needs new representation, because that's just sheer stupidity.

39 minutes ago, ARodJetsFan said:

@EM31

The problem with # 2 is he showed up to the facility to take a physical after the trade was completed.

You have to assume, that if he had any kind of performance inhibiting injury, the team Dr's would have discovered it through the course of giving him his physical.

Couple that with all of the silly workout videos, that he posted on Twitter, with his old college postion coach and I'd have to say that you could eliminate #2 as a potential reason for his actions, with a pretty good amount of certainty.

Have to believe it's #1 which is still completely assanine at this point, when looking at how long this has dragged on for.

If it's #3 then he needs new representation, because that's just sheer stupidity.

I agree with your take on #2 except that the Jets doctors have had a spotty record at times in the past.  Still, I doubt that the Philly GM would have shipped known to be damaged goods in a trade to a former colleague.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Larz said:

None of the big nfl guys reacted to this tweet, only 2 jets beat guys. 

it seems like it was not related to the jets at this point 

He was implying he was able to pass that toilet clogging bowel movement that has been plaguing him for days.

• Haha 1