Biggest “under the radar” takeaway through two games? Jamien Sherwood has played extremely well.

Mogglez

• Mogglez changed the title to Biggest “under the radar” takeaway through two games? Jamien Sherwood has played extremely well.

Remember this thought:    It took 4 years of Sherwood’s rookie deal to develop him.   That is ok because he was a relatively low draft pick.   But he is a FA after this year, like Huff was.  If we think he is the future, he needs to be extended now, because if he has a great year, we will not be able to resign him.  

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Nice LB pipeline JD built.

The ability to go cheap at the position in the draft and still put together a strong unit is an underrated skillset for GM's of successful teams.  Such as the 49ers snagging Fred Warner with the # 70 overall pick in '18, the Bills getting Matt Milano in the 5th round in '17 (but f**k him though!), the Colts getting Zaire Franklin in the 7th, etc.

Sherwood in Rd 5 plus Quincy Williams as a FA pickup were both big wins for us.

• Upvote 3

If he keeps this up, letting this be Mosely's last year here will pick up steam. Love the guy, but we can't have an absolute liability in coverage at the Mike in this defense.....he was never really a good fit for it anyways, would be better in a scheme like Flores in Minny 

Would love to see them work in Sherwood more depending on the severity of Mosley's injury

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The ability to go cheap at the position in the draft and still put together a strong unit is an underrated skillset for GM's of successful teams.  Such as the 49ers snagging Fred Warner with the # 70 overall pick in '18, the Bills getting Matt Milano in the 5th round in '17 (but f**k him though!), the Colts getting Zaire Franklin in the 7th, etc.

Sherwood in Rd 5 plus Quincy Williams as a FA pickup were both big wins for us.

Just off the top of my head in recent years:

Huff--UDFA
JFM-Signed off waivers
MC2---5th round
Quincy--Signed off waivers
Tony Adams--UDFA

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Dax89 said:

Huff--UDFA
JFM-Signed off waivers
MC2---5th round
Tony Adams--UDFA

Yep.  I was specifically talking about the LB unit but yes, JD and the coaching staff have found highly useful cheap players at all 3 levels of the defense.  

5 minutes ago, Dax89 said:

Huff--UDFA
JFM-Signed off waivers
MC2---5th round
Tony Adams--UDFA

We can add Echols (6th round) and Pinnock (5th round), Soon we'll be able to add Allen (4th round) to that list and possibly JBC (6th round ), Stiggers (5th round), and Barnes (6th round) as well.  Banes had an excellent TC and was said to be just a step behind Sherwood in terms of their play.  Bryce Hall was  5th round pick.  I think that Cameron Clark (4th round) would have developed at least into a quality backup, and maybe a solid starter.

I think that JD has done a good job, perhaps very good in finding talent in the lower rounds.

20 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

The minute Mosely went down the entire D changed.

Saleh will never do it but hes washed.  Needs to be benched!

shouldn't be necessary. can't play MLB with turf toe or even a bad toe. makes you wonder if Sunday wasn't the first incidence of the toe issue for Mosley