Damien Woody gets it

1 minute ago, extmenace said:

That’s what I thought too. They wanted their “stud” RB to get the stats instead of trying to win a game. Allen is a powerful runner. Why draft a kid like that and not utilize him in the right situations. You could argue that Allen has been the better back at this point to boot. This staff is fighting for their jobs, the last thing they should be worried about is getting the stats. 

Here again guys, Robert Saleh is morphed into Herman Edwards in HIS last disastrous season before leaving for the KC job. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Running Hall up the middle on 1st and goal from the 1 - twice in a row --- is unforgivable in that situation.  

So is rolling Solomon freakin' Thomas out into the flats as a receiver shortly after.

If we want to run plays that use a FB ... we should have a fullback on the roster. You cannot run that play with that personnel.

• Upvote 2

With all due respect to Damien Woody, he is dead wrong on this one. The real problem is Zach Wilson. How can anyone be expected to have discipline when Zach Wilson was your qb last season. The team is so shell shocked from Zach Wilson they are still having tons of unforced errors, this is not on Saleh, it’s 100% on Zach Wilson 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

So you think this is a resilient bunch with an adaptable and creative coaching staff?

Well, the first part might be true.  1/3 ain't bad.

Rodgers with Hackett won back to back MVPs. They'll figure it out. 

The expectations for the D are a bit absurd.  Nix passed for 60 yards and they were held to 10 points. The loss  was due to a horrific offensive performance.  One that I don't see being repeated. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Pac said:

Rodgers with Hackett won back to back MVPs. They'll figure it out. 

The expectations for the D are a bit absurd.  Nix passed for 60 yards and they were held to 10 points. The loss  was due to a horrific offensive performance.  One that I don't see being repeated. 

Completely agree that the expectations on the D are absurd, and they weren't the reason we lost yesterday.

That said - the drive where Denver scored their FG did highlight a worrying trend. More a discussion topic than a point of concern, but consider the following:

• 7 runs, 0 passes
  • 41 yards until we got a stop within FG range
  • Majority of tackles coming from DBs - only the last play on our 29 yard line had no DB involvement in the stop

It was hardly a surprise they were running the ball - yet we just couldn't stop it early enough. One the one hand, yes we held them to a FG. But that is little consolation when it was the last score of a game we lost.

Will Leki Fotu's return make enough of a difference?

10 minutes ago, jamesr said:

Completely agree that the expectations on the D are absurd, and they weren't the reason we lost yesterday.

That said - the drive where Denver scored their FG did highlight a worrying trend. More a discussion topic than a point of concern, but consider the following:

• 7 runs, 0 passes
  • 41 yards until we got a stop within FG range
  • Majority of tackles coming from DBs - only the last play on our 29 yard line had no DB involvement in the stop

It was hardly a surprise they were running the ball - yet we just couldn't stop it early enough. One the one hand, yes we held them to a FG. But that is little consolation when it was the last score of a game we lost.

Will Leki Fotu's return make enough of a difference?

Nix was missing plays all over the place and we generated zero pass rush. A slightly competent qb starts for Denver and this isn't even a game. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Biggs said:

If Rodgers was so concerned about discipline why did he decide to visit the pyramids instead of showing up?  If we don’t start stacking wins now it’s over for this team.  No Rodgers, Saleh or Jd.

Awful take.  Rodgers' trip was planned before the dates of mini-camp were announced.  His trip has had zero effect on his or the team's play.

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

With all due respect to Damien Woody, he is dead wrong on this one. The real problem is Zach Wilson. How can anyone be expected to have discipline when Zach Wilson was your qb last season. The team is so shell shocked from Zach Wilson they are still having tons of unforced errors, this is not on Saleh, it’s 100% on Zach Wilson 

I hope this is satire or trying to be funny, because if not, it's just flat out stupid!

2 hours ago, Flea Flicking Frank said:

Imagine coming in as a rookie QB and this tool is your leader

I’m 100% confident Zach is the next Darnold 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Alentador31 said:

Nix was missing plays all over the place and we generated zero pass rush. A slightly competent qb starts for Denver and this isn't even a game. 

Yeah outside of the Patriots game the defense has just looked OK. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I don’t know how the hell you don’t kick Saleh out the door and promote Ulbrich.

The Jets have a two year window to see this sh*t through and make something happen before we’re back to square one.

No way you can entrust the fate of this team to this incompetent assh0le anymore.

I wonder what would happen if Rodgers went to Woody directly and said he wanted Saleh gone.

3 hours ago, Pac said:

Saleh either makes a deep playoff run or is getting fired.  It's been pretty clear for a while. 

I like the vitriol being thrown the teams way because if they're who I think they are they'll respond accordingly. 

If they make the playoffs I bet woody extends 

3 hours ago, SoFlaJets said:

Here again guys, Robert Saleh is morphed into Herman Edwards in HIS last disastrous season before leaving for the KC job. 

Only thing missing in barbecues during mini camp but I see the parallels