Davante Adams is the only way to save the season

18 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Only thing I see Adams for sure saving us with is this timing and back shoulder throws AR seems to love throwing. No one on our team is on the same page as him with this yet. Timing and spots of these throws seem off. Maybe with Adams he's more on the same page.

Any other QB and Jet fans would be screaming about all these terrible throws. With Rodgers it’s “the WRs need to get on the same page as him…” 🙄

Don’t overthink it. Sometimes a duck is just a duck.

1 hour ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

The only realistic way to save the Jets’ season is by acquiring Davante Adams.

4 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Nothing Woody Johnson's Jets love more than One Weird Trick. Hackett + Lazard was the One Weird Trick To Lure Aaron Rodgers To Your Moribund Joke Of A Team. Rodgers was the One Weird Trick To Take Your Team From Forgettable Also-Ran To Super Bowl Contender. Smith and Moses were the One Weird Trick To Fix Your Offensive Line Woes In A Single Offseason. No doubt right now, as we speak, Florham Park is alive with high-level discussions about how Davante Adams is the One Weird Trick To Boost Your Disappointing Offense. 

96B2DAD1-60FD-4897-8A6E-9E029FFE7691.gif.f12457770759f03a75673d02d6a0161a.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I would give up a 2nd for him in a heartbeat

If I was Adams I would NEVER consider coming here-it will be just like when he went to the Raiders-he will have his qb friend for a year-the QB will be gone and he will be left in hell with no viable QB yet again like he is facing with the Raiders now

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, IndianaJet said:

I have no doubt that if Adams comes here, it will be a complete and utter disaster.

That's just the way things go for us.

What could go wrong?

high level of our year so far is we traded for a guy who still has not showed up and the coach just told the world that the first 5 games mean nothing

only up from here right?

is there a floor to how bad?

5 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Any other QB and Jet fans would be screaming about all these terrible throws. With Rodgers it’s “the WRs need to get on the same page as him…” 🙄

I was on record saying that I think the WRs were at fault weeks 1-4. But yesterday was him. Yes there were some drops and some times you could tell the guys weren't where they're supposed to be. But overall there were just some bad throws from him. All 3 INTs were 100% him. And good 5-10 throws besides that that were 100% his fault.

But it's 1 game IMO. So not ready to just give up on Rodgers yet.

Athletic reporting that LV and Adams want a deal done in the next 48 hours. Benefits the team wanting him to get something done fast to where he could play for that team this week. Especially if it's us and we have an extra day to prepare. 

Just now, Green Ghost said:

If Adams has any sense at all he’s pushing to go to the Ravens and play alongside Lamar and Derrick Henry. 

I posted here at the time 2 years ago that the Jets should have made an offer to go all in for Lamar instead of dealing for a 39 year old QB

Lamar proceeded to win league MVP last year 🤣

Just now, Barry McCockinner said:

seems like a bargain though. assuming you're looking at it as a one year rental. the pick is the real cost.

Yeah especially if they do blow it up after this year, should it end as this year's non-NE games have gone, it's easier to work around a missing $12MM (on a $275MM cap) than a missing 2nd rounder and more.

Especially as they're not likely to be in top-5 pick territory where they can trade down to recoup a 2nd pretty easily -- while they're two plays away from being 1-4, they're also two plays away from being 4-1. Plus incredibly are still playing for 1st place in the division on Monday night, vs. a top QB they've had uniquely good success against, or vs. his backup who was the 3rd-best QB on last year's Steelers team that had neither a QB1 nor a QB2 on the roster. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Athletic reporting that LV and Adams want a deal done in the next 48 hours. Benefits the team wanting him to get something done fast to where he could play for that team this week. Especially if it's us and we have an extra day to prepare. 

The season is at a tipping point.

It should be now or never.

Another aspect is this:

if he goes to the Bills, we are definitely losing on MNF and can officially kiss the division goodbye 

8 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I would give up a 2nd for him in a heartbeat

If I was Adams I would NEVER consider coming here-it will be just like when he went to the Raiders-he will have his qb friend for a year-the QB will be gone and he will be left in hell with no viable QB yet again like he is facing with the Raiders now

I’d pay the Lions 3rd and throw in the 3rd string TE who can’t block 🤣

No team is going to offer a 2nd other than KC and the Raiders aren’t gonna deal him to a division rival 

Jets would be bidding against themselves 

1 minute ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I posted here at the time 2 years ago that the Jets should have made an offer to go all in for Lamar instead of dealing for a 39 year old QB

Lamar proceeded to win league MVP last year 🤣

I said the same thing, but we both had to know it was never going to happen... the Ravens aren’t the Jets. They were never going to let him leave.

9 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

If Adams has any sense at all he’s pushing to go to the Ravens and play alongside Lamar and Derrick Henry. 

Or Commanders with the ROY at QB! That kid is going to be top 3 QB in league if he isn’t already, wow, wow, is he good, 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

We have to find a gm who can actually build a decent OL to give the qb time to throw, bigger plays to develop. A OL that could run block would also help. In the meantime jets have to keep throwing crap against the wall and hope some of it finally starts to stick..

4 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We have to find a gm who can actually build a decent OL to give the qb time to throw, bigger plays to develop. A OL that could run block would also help. In the meantime jets have to keep throwing crap against the wall and hope some of it finally starts to stick..

It’s everyone’s fault but the QB. 🙄

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, JoeNamathsFurCoat said:

I’d pay the Lions 3rd and throw in the 3rd string TE who can’t block 🤣

No team is going to offer a 2nd other than KC and the Raiders aren’t gonna deal him to a division rival 

Jets would be bidding against themselves 

sometimes you pay the asking price to get a deal done and a deal done fast rather than risk missing out-the difference between a 2 and a 3 is nothing vs the hopes of trying to save our season-

there are other teams that can come in-I would not be surprised if the bills and steelers both get into the mix for him same goes with the commanders  and the cardinals

8 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It's not a talent issue at this point on the OL.

It's a coaching and preparation issue.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

It’s everyone’s fault but the QB. 🙄

Never said that. Zach Wilson is definitely a bad qb. However, do you honestly think Sam darnold would be playing at such a high level if he were on the jets ? lol. Come on man. Jets offense has been horrible for years. A gm who can’t build 1, and hires a OC only as a favor to the qb. Why doesn’t JD hire Saleh’s mom as the special team coach too lol

34 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

I have no doubt that if Adams comes here, it will be a complete and utter disaster.

That's just the way things go for us.

I just had the scene from Last Boy Scout (terrible movie) flash in my head... 

Last Boy Scout GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

38 minutes ago, Green Ghost said:

Maybe? 

We know Rodgers heavily uses the back shoulder pass. Clearly the WR's aren't even turning around when it looks like it was suppose to be a back shoulder pass. Could it just be a terribly thrown ball? I guess. We haven't seen that type of miss w/Lazard who he's in sync with. Mostly just Lazard Lazarding it up.

• Upvote 1