In my rare defense of saleh

I am not a fan of Saleh and Joe for that matter. I think both should have been fired 2 years ago. If the  Jets beat the Vikings , do you think Saleh gets fired ?  I would argue 100% he would not have been fired. The Jets lost the game because of Rodgers and his  multiple Int’s including the pick 6. One could argue this is a culmination of many events but the last two losses were not on Saleh

The offense will not improve due to this change at the head coach. The main problem with this team is on offense and falls on the OC and Arod. Teams saw just blitz  the Jets and they are toast - there were no adjustments from Denver to Min ganes 

I think firing Saleh now and keeping joe and in particular the OC once again shows this is VERY a poorly run organization 

It is funny and ironic when folks said Rex was a clown show -this is so much worse . Rex led teams were some of the best memories I have had over decades of being a fan . I miss Rex 

FU Joe and FU woody

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

It should have been done way before. There was just too much evidence pointing to the fact that Saleh was an incompetent fool. Conversely, the constant penalties may have cost the game. The team showed up unprepared and unmotivated. That is directly on Saleh. It may not mean that the Jets start to win, but it was a move that way overdue. 

The difference between 2-3 and 4-1 isn't big. Shocked they fired him but the team isn't playing up to it's potential, he keeps saying dumb sh*t like "we just need to keep doing the same thing" and "it's the nothing part of the season" while multiple players are publicly calling for accountability.

🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Saleh has been checked out for months. His lack of leadership is impacting the entire organization. Who do you think Quincy was referring to post game? He needed to go. 

He should have been fired 2 years ago . I just think the timing while keeping The OC is beyond stupid when the offense is the big problem 

i actually think Q was referring to the offense 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, BreeceHallofFame said:

Let’s give Ulbrich more than 5 hours before we assume that no changes are coming to the offense 

The fact Hackett remains employed by the Jets is more than enough to warrant my criticism right now.  

If and when Hackett gets canned, or at minimum demoted to Rodger's water-boy, I'll react to that. 

But with Rodgers here and in charge, I won't be holding my breath on that one.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, kmnj said:

I am not a fan of Saleh and Joe for that matter. I think both should have been fired 2 years ago. If the  Jets beat the Vikings , do you think Saleh gets fired ?  I would argue 100% he would not have been fired. The Jets lost the game because of Rodgers and his  multiple Int’s including the pick 6. One could argue this is a culmination of many events but the last two losses were not on Saleh

The offense will not improve due to this change at the head coach. The main problem with this team is on offense and falls on the OC and Arod. Teams saw just blitz  the Jets and they are toast - there were no adjustments from Denver to Min ganes 

I think firing Saleh now and keeping joe and in particular the OC once again shows this is VERY a poorly run organization 

It is funny and ironic when folks said Rex was a clown show -this is so much worse . Rex led teams were some of the best memories I have had over decades of being a fan . I miss Rex 

FU Joe and FU woody

that's not necessarily true.  saleh was the head coach and he had to have some input into game planning and how he wanted the offense to be run.  by his own admission he wanted the defense to close out games so it doesn't seem like he was so concerned about points as long as he got one more.  my guess he wanted a very conservative offense with no turnovers.  he got that with two line plunges, a pass and a punt.

i'm not an advocate of changing coaches mid season but something needed to shake things up and now is a better time to launch the coach than waiting later when the season would be way out of reach.

20 minutes ago, kmnj said:

He should have been fired 2 years ago . I just think the timing while keeping The OC is beyond stupid when the offense is the big problem 

i actually think Q was referring to the offense 

You’re wrong. The head coach is responsible for accountability. You want the owner to fire the OC? It the new HC determines that Hackett needs to be fired he will be. Ulbrichs career is on the line. 

• Thumb Down 1

Two things are true.

Saleh's coaching or lack of has produced an overall lack of discipline, general organization and preparation.  That's been pretty obvious.  The Jets are a slack team.

Also true that the offensive scheme, play calling and execution has been arguably the worst in the league.  By all accounts, Saleh was not conducting the offense.  If this is true, firing Saleh will only fix half the problem.

Did I not just see Rodgers throw three very bad interceptions ???

How will offensive production improve ???

Is it possible that Saleh's methods were somehow preventing improvement ??? Was he in anyone's way ???

I have expressed this in other threads here regarding the move to fire Saleh...

Now that he is gone and Rodgers was clearly holding the knife, there wont be a fox hole big enough for Rodgers, Hackett and Woody to hide in  if the Jets offense does not improve significantly.  It will be open season on the three of them.  

I'm wondering if they have any idea of the spot they are in now ???

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, kmnj said:

FU Joe and FU woody

I thought maningo and mangini were joking about playing in London, displaying a controversial flag patch had anything to do with it. But honestly I believe now it has. Any other owner of course not, but woody Johnson it all makes sense lol.